Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 for consoles never will have Gallery, and this is the reason

leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
1 Gallery is an online feature
2 For online games, both, Xbox and Playstation require you subscribe to their premium service
3 It mean a 3rd party earning money with The Sims
4 The Sims is a single-player game, the only feature than need online is gallery, then I dunno players will subscribe to PSN or xbox gold just to use gallery

Then the only way to have gallery would be if EA agree with Sony and Microsoft an exception for point 2, so The Sims 4 could use online features for free
Do you know games than could agree such exceptions?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    A subscription wasn't required for the gallery on TS3 Consoles.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2019
    You dont need to be with PSN Plus etc to be online, aslong as you've got your console connected to the internet, which you have to, to install the game, I can imagine if you have problems with your internet, you wouldn't be able to download and get the gallery up
    I've noticed a few times, that me and catloverplayer is like were getting the gallery 😂😂 @catloverplayer
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I refuse to lose hope. I really want the gallery! :'(
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    The gallery would be greatly appreciated. I agreed with @Nikkih and also there are MMO's that don't require a PSN/XBox Gold membership to partake in online content.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    To add to my first post I found this

https://www.quora.com/Do-I-need-a-PS-Plus-subscription-to-play-GTA-5-online

You can't play ANYTHING online on ps4 without a ps plus subscription.
    Now reading directly from Sony, maybe The Sims 4 gallery could fall into this exception

Online play without a subscription

You don’t need to be a PlayStation Plus member to play online on your PlayStation 3 or PS Vita, but we recommend subscribing as it allows you to take advantage of all the extra features you receive when you join.

You also do not need to be a member of PlayStation Plus to play non-synchronous games on the PlayStation 4. Synchronous games are games where two consoles need to be synched up to communicate with each other in real time - for example if you are playing co-op or competition mode on a shooting or racing game. Non-synchronous games mean that the two consoles do not need to be communicating in real time – for example when playing turn based games like chess.
    edited July 2019
    That's playing a game with other players though , if the sims 4 had something like that, playing with other simmers you would need PSN plus for multiple consoles to play , theres sims communities on console that you can post etc, you dont need PSN plus to be able to post, the creations aren't live, PSN is for to play with other players on different consoles live, your not playing the actual game with the simmers, your sharing creations via post therefore internet is strong enough 😊 and your not connecting to the players directly, your connecting to the EA server, the gallery
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Um...Sims 4 already has online functionality (at least on Ps4 since that's what I play on), sure it's just to advertise packs on the main menu but the point is it's connected to the Internet as long as you boot up the game when the console is also connected to the Internet.

As for PS Plus, it's only for multiplayer online play (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), you don't need PS Plus for downloading content, just an Internet connection so I think we'll get the gallery eventually, especially since the game already connects to the Internet automatically.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Playing a multiplayer game online is different from a sharing platform.
    don't know if you ever heard of disney infinity but those games also had player created worlds/levels which were shared online and available without a subscribtion, I played in on xbox one without any subscribtions and was able to upload and download worlds/levels, I think the sims gallery would fall into the same category.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    The sims 3 does not need a subscription like @catloverplayer said. All you need is an internet connection that's how we can use all the apps on the consoles with the internet connection. And in the sims 3 you could even upload your creations to the gallery and have an entire library of the creations you uploaded and the creations you downloaded very nice and very well done. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet for console players, mabye we are not being heard.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Console does feel like an afterthought at times, especially given the fact that they ship updates with the exact same bugs as PC as opposed to fixing them and bragged about announcing Island Living's console release during the reveal as if the fact they set a release date was something to celebrate.

Plus Vampires are still broken...Draught of Reconfiguration doesn't work and Forgotten Hollow has an audio bug that no one else seems to have noticed.

The game has online connectivity the moment you start it and no way to play "offline" unless you disconnect your console from the Internet, reboot the game and reconnect to the Internet. After that the game states "New content is available but requires a restart" when currently, that "content" are just Main Menu ADS showing you all the packs you haven't bought yet...

I hope we get the gallery since Internet connectivity is BUILT INTO THE 🐸🐸🐸🐸 GAME!

Oh wait, I already posted in this thread... Eh I'm still annoyed I can't play a vampire without the vampire or the vampire themed world breaking on me...
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

Online play without a subscription

the gallery would not be "online play" it would be a sharing/downloading platform, you do not play on the platform, you download something from it, much like you download DLCs from the store.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• JadejJadej Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="leo3487;c-17179342"]To add to my first post I found this

https://www.quora.com/Do-I-need-a-PS-Plus-subscription-to-play-GTA-5-online

You can't play ANYTHING online on ps4 without a ps plus subscription.[/quote]

I dont know if you have ever play on console. Which by you saying this it doesn't seem like you do or do very much. But you CAN play online games without PS+ most games like GTA, COD and stuff like that do require it. But games like Fortnite, etc. Don't require it. Also, its not an online multiplayer to have a gallery, so youre entire thread is false and honestly plan stupid
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    ... Did anyone notice on console, our creations saved to the library no longer say created by “you”, but by your account name?

Does this mean they are getting ready to launch the gallery at last? 🤞
    You wouldn't need a PSN subscription unless your are playing the game with another person online, the gallery would only rely on internet connection
    Nikkih wrote: »
    You wouldn't need a PSN subscription unless your are playing the game with another person online, the gallery would only rely on internet connection

Whats the difference?
    I say, of course at games than use P2P technology is obvious you connect to other people
    But games than all players connect to a server? I guess also for those games you need PSN subscription
    edited December 2019
    Psn plus subscription is for playing games online live with other players not in the same room as you, the gallery isnt a game, your not playing live with someone else, Its for downloading content that you already own, you would need to be connected to EA server not everyone else's that posts content, you wouldnt be able to speak to them through the speaker or play the game with them, that's the purpose for a PSN plus subscription, internet connection would be required however to connect with EAs server to download and comment on creations and the gallery is a free feature for the sims 4, PC players dont pay extra for it, PC players only need to connect to the internet for it
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    edited December 2019
    Psn plus subscription is for playing games online live with other players not in the same room as you, the gallery isnt a game, your not playing live with someone else, Its for downloading content that you already own, you would need to be connected to EA server not everyone else's that posts content, you wouldnt be able to speak to them through the speaker or play the game with them, that's the purpose for a PSN plus subscription, internet connection would be required however to connect with EAs server to download and comment on creations and the gallery is a free feature for the sims 4, PC players dont pay extra for it, PC players only need to connect to the internet for it

1) If is true than you no play with anyone, gallery would be use internet in the game, no using Playstation store or other playstation app

2) at pc you no need suscription to EA (or Steam for games bought there) to play online
    I seriously doubt it would require that you would need PSN plus
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    yes finally early 2020
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    It's coming!!
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm guessing March at latest.
    I seriously doubt it would require that you would need PSN plus

At 2020 will have gallery
    Why so late?
    As I said, need a subscription to PSN.... or an agreement between EA and Sony, now possible as Sony soften their requisites and is open to cross platform
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I just lol'ed at this thread title 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(