Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited May 2019
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    They are still beautiful! You do non alpha very, very well. Emily is probably gorgeous with any hair, as is Chris!

Emily's beauty is even more striking in those alpha hair imho. She's such a beautiful creation. She and Kellie are both very photogenic.
    I 100% share @InfraGreen 's opinion. They look all gorgeous and stuff, but you can't go alpha :bawling: The Heffners will always be MM in my heart!
    Mentioned it on tumblr already, but in the first pic Chris looks so much younger. Stunning and very elegant, but young :sweat_smile:

That's because I removed a layer of facial hair and his eyebags for the photoshoot. Not sure if anyone noticed how weary he looked in the last chapter thanks to those. But Emily definitely noticed. She cares too much about the Heffner boy. More than is appropriate. :smirk:

*whispers* I liked the facial hair on him though

Good thing about facial hair is it grows back fast. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    They are still beautiful! You do non alpha very, very well. Emily is probably gorgeous with any hair, as is Chris!

Emily's beauty is even more striking in those alpha hair imho. She's such a beautiful creation. She and Kellie are both very photogenic.
    I 100% share @InfraGreen 's opinion. They look all gorgeous and stuff, but you can't go alpha :bawling: The Heffners will always be MM in my heart!
    Mentioned it on tumblr already, but in the first pic Chris looks so much younger. Stunning and very elegant, but young :sweat_smile:

That's because I removed a layer of facial hair and his eyebags for the photoshoot. Not sure if anyone noticed how weary he looked in the last chapter thanks to those. But Emily definitely noticed. She cares too much about the Heffner boy. More than is appropriate. :smirk:

*whispers* I liked the facial hair on him though

Shhh.. me too!
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Man pneumonia is no joke I tried to write this literally a month ago then I got sick was out for three weeks then when I feel better I go on a cruise with no internet( they had it but I’m not paying half of what I already spent on internet and cable for a weeks worth of ok internet) And now I can’t remember what I wanted to say! Only that this chapter was amazing and stop it I love Cherry too much it’s making me want it to be legit even though I want Kerry to happen so bad you’re torturing me! But in a good way! <3
    edited May 2019
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Man pneumonia is no joke I tried to write this literally a month ago then I got sick was out for three weeks then when I feel better I go on a cruise with no internet( they had it but I’m not paying half of what I already spent on internet and cable for a weeks worth of ok internet) And now I can’t remember what I wanted to say! Only that this chapter was amazing and stop it I love Cherry too much it’s making me want it to be legit even though I want Kerry to happen so bad you’re torturing me! But in a good way! <3
    Sorry to hear about your health issues. :( I hope all is well now and the cruise helped too with your recovery.
    Cherry seems to get under (almost) everyone's skin, because they just have a great chemistry. Even when Terry is scolding Chris for flirting with Mrs. Johnson, it's kinda hot. :mrgreen: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Forgot to mention in my comment: that title is totally one of my favorite songs ever!
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    So if anyone here is willing to help me out....I’m an old reader who binged the first two generations some years ago. Now I’m starting on the third but I totally forgot the origin story of Tony “The Meatball” (AKA: the most important parts!)

Would be infinitely happy if someone could give me a quick recap?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @PlumbobGrandma Here is website that shows a lot of things about Tony. Might not be what your looking for exactly but here it is anyway.

https://tonycorleonesi.weebly.com/
    edited July 2019
    haswh wrote: »
    @PlumbobGrandma Here is website that shows a lot of things about Tony. Might not be what your looking for exactly but here it is anyway.

https://tonycorleonesi.weebly.com/
    Ah that helps a bit but I'm starting to kinda remember his backstory in regards to the story now. Thank you for the website link!

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @PlumbobGrandma he appears in lot of simmers' stories and he appears 5 times since his first appearence in my own story (which i forgot once again to give a new link too) he's going to show up in Act III of my Gen 7 Swansons
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited July 2019
    So if anyone here is willing to help me out....I’m an old reader who binged the first two generations some years ago. Now I’m starting on the third but I totally forgot the origin story of Tony “The Meatball” (AKA: the most important parts!)

Would be infinitely happy if someone could give me a quick recap?

Tony first appeared in @RoryPlaysTheSims' story Legacies of the Sims (chapter 16). Some info of his past has been hinted, but the story of it hasn't been told. Yet. Story wise, he's the father of the current heir.

@haswh Thank you for linking Tony's site so promptly. :)<3

@mypalsim1 It's a great song sung by two of the greatest musical figures. Too bad we will never be able to see them live in concert ever again. :'(

@MadameLee It's nice to see you comment in my thread again which I haven't seen you do in ages. It would be more appreciated if you weren't using it as an opportunity to promote your own story, though. B)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Hi! I’m back again after finishing the whole of the story so far! It was a great read all the way through and I was so addicted to finding out what happened next that I barely stopped B)

I wish that Terry and Kellie could be reunited really soon...Terry is so sweet and I can’t wait for the two of them to be together. As for Chris and Emily...I’ve always wondered whether this is a love at first sight thing because it seems like it? I honestly don’t know how I feel about it yet but I love Emily as a character (the pen pal letters were great!). I guess that’s my two cents on the pairings...I wonder if Kellie is going to become a mini Tony, that would be really cool!

Anyways, for Tony...he met Beryl when she was a teenager and he helped Brian...why was he kidnapped in the first place?

In conclusion of this rambly, annoying post: I love the direction of the story so far and I’m still so excited to see what the next chapter brings! <3

edited July 2019
    Hi! I’m back again after finishing the whole of the story so far! It was a great read all the way through and I was so addicted to finding out what happened next that I barely stopped B)

I wish that Terry and Kellie could be reunited really soon...Terry is so sweet and I can’t wait for the two of them to be together. As for Chris and Emily...I’ve always wondered whether this is a love at first sight thing because it seems like it? I honestly don’t know how I feel about it yet but I love Emily as a character (the pen pal letters were great!). I guess that’s my two cents on the pairings...I wonder if Kellie is going to become a mini Tony, that would be really cool!

Anyways, for Tony...he met Beryl when she was a teenager and he helped Brian...why was he kidnapped in the first place?

In conclusion of this rambly, annoying post: I love the direction of the story so far and I’m still so excited to see what the next chapter brings! <3

Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts! <3

Terry and Kellie will be reunited... when they least expect it. It's going to be funny. Not for them, though. >:) As for them being together. All I can say is that even though some of my characters' wishes get granted, things won't be 100% as they hope. Just like in life.
    Chris and Emily, yes you can say it was a love at first sight for him. He's attracted to her for many reasons, some of them are subconscious. He's psychically damaged. She has some qualities his mother had. He seeks absolution through helping her as he still carries the burden of survivor's guilt in him. He's barely keeping it together, struggling to maintain control over his life. If he fails Emily, it might send him over the edge. Emily would be good for him, but there's the issue of her husband.
    I'm not 100% sure yet if Kellie's gonna become a mini Tony, but she's definitely on a path of personal transformation.
    Brian was kidnapped for ransom.

Your post wasn't annoying at all! I'm happy that you enjoyed the read.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @Maladi777 sorry about that!! wasn't intentionally .
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    No problem. Just keep it in mind that people don't like it when you visit the thread dedicated to their stories and you talk there about yours instead. It's not polite either. And even though they might not tell you directly like me, you won't win any friendship points with them for such conduct. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    MadameLee wrote: »
    No problem. Just keep it in mind that people don't like it when you visit the thread dedicated to their stories and you talk there about yours instead. It's not polite either. And even though they might not tell you directly like me, you won't win any friendship points with them for such conduct. ;)

@Maladi777 I will erase it if you want me too
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @PlumbobGrandma Well hello, be hugged fellow Kerrie fan! :love: But I fear we will be going through rough times together soon :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @PlumbobGrandma Well hello, be hugged fellow Kerrie fan! :love: But I fear we will be going through rough times together soon :#

Yay another Kerrie fan! And I know I know...I just legit need them to get together but I know that they won’t do that (if they do end up together) without a ton of drama. We have to brace ourselves! :s

Surprise! A new chapter! No, you're not hallucinating!

Last time we heard from Tony and Kellie, they were settling in their temporary hideout. Unlike Tony, Kellie had been adapting very slowly to the life of a fugitive. She had to deal not only with the fact she’s now considered Tony’s accomplice, but also with the hot water shortage! Then she and Tony had a little disagreement about too much compassion on her side and the lack of it on his. To prove his point Tony (with the help of Victor Feng and one of his henchmen) staged a nasty little surprise for Kellie in the bathroom…

Onward to

heffners_orig.jpg
    OMG. Tony definitely loves Tony! :joy::joy::joy: A great update. Moving forward. Kellie is right, Chris needs to arrest the killer. Tony can get over himself.
    OMG. Tony definitely loves Tony! :joy::joy::joy: A great update. Moving forward. Kellie is right, Chris needs to arrest the killer. Tony can get over himself.
    But he loves himself cutely, does he not? :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I just came on my computer and low and behold a chapter!! :) And what a chapter it is! I didn't take notes but I really enjoyed this surprise tonight. Tomorrow I will reread and leave a better comment.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Tony <3 I so miss him in my own story now. So glad he is still around in yours.

We need Tony to be the bad boy again. He's too normal right now.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    edited September 2019
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Tony <3 I so miss him in my own story now. So glad he is still around in yours.

We need Tony to be the bad boy again. He's too normal right now.
    Do you really believe the man can ever be normal? :smirk: That he's not setting anyone or fire right now or using his toolboxes on them doesn't mean he quit. His Princess is keeping him in check. But don't be mistaken, the Meatball is still in there. Just give him the right reason and he'll be back.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    I have to say, as much as I enjoy everyone else's chapters, I've been looking forward to this particular PoV the most >:)
    So I've basically lost count of how many times I've read this one over (certain parts maybe a few extra times B) )
    His opening frustration at the beginning made me feel sorry for him, but also it was highly amusing, ehehehe. Do I like to watch Tony suffer? Mmm. Don't we all to a certain degree? Just to see what pops out of his mouth!
    Poor Kellie, though, must be hard to be in that kind of situation after having a trauma, AND THEN you're living with this guy who not only set it up, but doesn't seem to get why you're so upset about it...good thing Dog is there to cuddle while you work through your feels :/
    A tiny bit of justice served, there, with him fretting over her ignoring him, kekekekeke.

I love his little indications of how highly he thinks of himself :smirk:
    Oh my, yes Tony, why does no one seem to appreciate you the way you deserve to be appreciated? These people!

Man, I know this was a Tony PoV chapter, but Kellie was so present, it was really neat watching her journey through his eyes, seeing her have to digest all this stuff she isn't used to, or doesn't approve of. AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT, here she is struggling with all these demons regarding abandoning her family! So isolated, so alone in the sense that there isn't really anyone to talk to. Tony seems willing to listen, but he's a little dismissive...I don't think it's because he's trying to be, he just doesn't know how to respond with anything except cold hard facts; this is not a man with an armoury full of platitudes (just glocks and berettas, apparently).

It speaks a lot to her resiliency, how well she actually is handling all this, and it made her victory at the end there all the more sweet! I think we (and Kellie) needed that little triumph, Tony tends to bull his way through everyone and everything, so focused on getting things done. Having someone to curb a few of his impulses here and there, make him consider his motivations and factor in the feelings of other; this is something that Kellie seems to be well equipped for.

I enjoyed the self defense part, I'm glad you decided to make it more robust, that was a good choice! It really left me with, not only a good idea of how to get out of a choke hold, but also you really left us with a sense of Kellie gaining some of her power back. It was like this was the only way Tony could offer to help her through her traumatic experience. That was really special, he didn't just leave her hanging, he had to use his own particular language to communicate with her, and I feel like he was successful there. Like an 'actions speak louder than words' kind of deal, you know?

On a lighter note, can I just say what a treat it is to be inside this man's head, if for nothing more than to hear his thoughts on how great he is? OMG. This peacock. :joy: his delight at discovering the anti-ageing effects really tickled me. I'm not sure Tony needs anymore reason to inflate his ego, but darn it, I do enjoy watching him strut around like a bird with all his prettiest feathers on display, haaaa, looking for her validation, so disappointed when she seems indifferent, aaaaah!
    AND THEN, that smug little smile when she admits she did notice!

Man, if Kellie hasn't admitted to herself that she's a bit into him, then she's definitely at least feeling it on a subconscious level. Like you told me though, it's probably still father-focused at this point, yeah, but that's a pretty fragile shield to hide behind. The whole "father-daughter" angle is still a pretty new concept for them both, it's not like they've been going through the motions for years or anything. Personally, I suspect it's just a convenient box that they can toss all this sudden closeness into. Yeah, I said it! When you connect with someone, you need to have a certain box to put your feelings in, with a certain label. SOMETIMES THE LABEL IS A LIE! No one can convince me otherwise, so don't even try :kissing_heart:;)
    /stubborn

Her excitement about getting lab equipment cracked me up, omg; woman, I feel you! So thrilling to get all the weird presents that are your favourite...even if it's beakers and syringes, lolololol.

As usual, you never fail to deliver a great time :*<3
    Love the beautiful images that you put so much effort into making pretty for us, very keen to see where this dynamic is headed, but also what comes of that little Tollie detective collaboration at the end there!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    I have to say, as much as I enjoy everyone else's chapters, I've been looking forward to this particular PoV the most >:)
    So I've basically lost count of how many times I've read this one over (certain parts maybe a few extra times B) )
    His opening frustration at the beginning made me feel sorry for him, but also it was highly amusing, ehehehe. Do I like to watch Tony suffer? Mmm. Don't we all to a certain degree? Just to see what pops out of his mouth!
    Poor Kellie, though, must be hard to be in that kind of situation after having a trauma, AND THEN you're living with this guy who not only set it up, but doesn't seem to get why you're so upset about it...good thing Dog is there to cuddle while you work through your feels :/
    A tiny bit of justice served, there, with him fretting over her ignoring him, kekekekeke.

I love his little indications of how highly he thinks of himself :smirk:
    Oh my, yes Tony, why does no one seem to appreciate you the way you deserve to be appreciated? These people!

Man, I know this was a Tony PoV chapter, but Kellie was so present, it was really neat watching her journey through his eyes, seeing her have to digest all this stuff she isn't used to, or doesn't approve of. AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT, here she is struggling with all these demons regarding abandoning her family! So isolated, so alone in the sense that there isn't really anyone to talk to. Tony seems willing to listen, but he's a little dismissive...I don't think it's because he's trying to be, he just doesn't know how to respond with anything except cold hard facts; this is not a man with an armoury full of platitudes (just glocks and berettas, apparently).

It speaks a lot to her resiliency, how well she actually is handling all this, and it made her victory at the end there all the more sweet! I think we (and Kellie) needed that little triumph, Tony tends to bull his way through everyone and everything, so focused on getting things done. Having someone to curb a few of his impulses here and there, make him consider his motivations and factor in the feelings of other; this is something that Kellie seems to be well equipped for.

I enjoyed the self defense part, I'm glad you decided to make it more robust, that was a good choice! It really left me with, not only a good idea of how to get out of a choke hold, but also you really left us with a sense of Kellie gaining some of her power back. It was like this was the only way Tony could offer to help her through her traumatic experience. That was really special, he didn't just leave her hanging, he had to use his own particular language to communicate with her, and I feel like he was successful there. Like an 'actions speak louder than words' kind of deal, you know?

On a lighter note, can I just say what a treat it is to be inside this man's head, if for nothing more than to hear his thoughts on how great he is? OMG. This plum. :joy: his delight at discovering the anti-ageing effects really tickled me. I'm not sure Tony needs anymore reason to inflate his ego, but darn it, I do enjoy watching him strut around like a bird with all his prettiest feathers on display, haaaa, looking for her validation, so disappointed when she seems indifferent, aaaaah!
    AND THEN, that smug little smile when she admits she did notice!

Man, if Kellie hasn't admitted to herself that she's a bit into him, then she's definitely at least feeling it on a subconscious level. Like you told me though, it's probably still father-focused at this point, yeah, but that's a pretty fragile shield to hide behind. The whole "father-daughter" angle is still a pretty new concept for them both, it's not like they've been going through the motions for years or anything. Personally, I suspect it's just a convenient box that they can toss all this sudden closeness into. Yeah, I said it! When you connect with someone, you need to have a certain box to put your feelings in, with a certain label. SOMETIMES THE LABEL IS A LIE! No one can convince me otherwise, so don't even try :kissing_heart:;)
    /stubborn

Her excitement about getting lab equipment cracked me up, omg; woman, I feel you! So thrilling to get all the weird presents that are your favourite...even if it's beakers and syringes, lolololol.

As usual, you never fail to deliver a great time :*<3
    Love the beautiful images that you put so much effort into making pretty for us, very keen to see where this dynamic is headed, but also what comes of that little Tollie detective collaboration at the end there!

Yep! :joy: