Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    It’s gonna happen.... :o:s:#

giphy.gif

Feels like this train wreck needs an awesome soundtrack...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy1V5LHXWbg

Perfection!
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Hi! I’m just popping in to say that I love the story so far! Or as far as I’ve gotten in Gen 4. ;) I have a lot of catching up to do.

I remember that I used to read Gen 4 way back a year or so ago but stopped for some reason. Now I’m starting from Gen 1 and doing a whole read through, hopefully ending on Gen 8 instead of stopping lol

It’s been amazing getting back into the story, especially as I’ve started to get back into the game again.

How do you play it all though? Especially when you’re so story focused (for example how Joce works a part time job at the library or Luc goes on tour...how do you imagine that in your game)? How do you even come up with all the drama?

Ah! Sorry for the rambling. I love everything so far and I just know it gets better <3

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited July 2019
    @VanPelt81 LOL! That song is perfection for the current state of affairs :joy:

@PlumbobGrandma Hi!!! Thank you so much for reading (or reading again!) I’m really glad you’re enjoying it so far! :heart:

I do have an awful confession though haha... I don’t actually play it all through! :scream: I write the chapters ahead of time, and then the sims essentially become my illustration tools. So what I’ll do is write a chapter, then go in the game and set up exactly what I need to portray the words I’ve written. I’ll find lots and poses that fit my vision and do my best to make it work. It gets tedious sometimes but I do enjoy doing it!

And as for where the drama comes from... I don’t even know sometimes :joy: I guess a lot of it comes from planning what each heir will be like, and whether their struggles will come from within, or be more external. For example, Gens 1, 3, and 4 were more external drama. Alex, Tobi, Stefan, and Jocelyne all were effected a lot by things happening around them. Gen 2 had a lot more internal drama. Mari was so flawed, and it was those flaws that really shaped her story (without giving too much away, gens 5 and 6 are a lot like that too. Those heirs are my most-flawed, alongside Mari, and therefore create a lot of their own problems and drama! Gens 7 and 8 have been back to external stuff)

Sorry, I feel like that was such a rambling answer haha so I’m right there with you :joy: But I don’t think you were rambling, for the record ;)

Thank you again! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member

@PlumbobGrandma Hi!!! Thank you so much for reading (or reading again!) I’m really glad you’re enjoying it so far! :heart:

I do have an awful confession though haha... I don’t actually play it all through! :scream: I write the chapters ahead of time, and then the sims essentially become my illustration tools. So what I’ll do is write a chapter, then go in the game and set up exactly what I need to portray the words I’ve written. I’ll find lots and poses that fit my vision and do my best to make it work. It gets tedious sometimes but I do enjoy doing it!

And as for where the drama comes from... I don’t even know sometimes :joy: I guess a lot of it comes from planning what each heir will be like, and whether their struggles will come from within, or be more external. For example, Gens 1, 3, and 4 were more external drama. Alex, Tobi, Stefan, and Jocelyne all were effected a lot by things happening around them. Gen 2 had a lot more internal drama. Mari was so flawed, and it was those flaws that really shaped her story (without giving too much away, gens 5 and 6 are a lot like that too. Those heirs are my most-flawed, alongside Mari, and therefore create a lot of their own problems and drama! Gens 7 and 8 have been back to external stuff)

Sorry, I feel like that was such a rambling answer haha so I’m right there with you :joy: But I don’t think you were rambling, for the record ;)

Thank you again! :heart:

Thank you so much for answering my question and being so kind to do so! That's so interesting, do you play through the normal life until the sims have children at all? Do they have in game relationships with each other Or do you just set them up to pose and write the chapter?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
    @PlumbobGrandma Hehe I hope I’m not ruining the story now with these answers :joy:

As for playing them in their day to day lives, I really don’t! None of them have actual in-game jobs, and I cheat their needs so they never actually have to eat or sleep or go to the bathroom... they’re my little props :joy:

BUT that being said... They do really have in-game relationships with each other, for two reasons! One is that, illogical as this probably sounds since I just said they’re props lol, I feel like it would be weird or wrong for the little pixelated versions of my characters to not have the same “feelings” as the characters they’re portraying do! I don’t know why, but that’s how I feel about it hahaha

And the other reason is that it often ends up sort of happening naturally as I screenshot anyway. Two characters in a romantic relationship end up doing lots of romantic actions in-game, two sims who hate each other will argue and drive down their relationship, etc... so it all usually works out relationship-wise how it looks in the story :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Good Morning! Today, Emberlynn goes to her parents’ house for dinner...

8.44: Family Dinner
    o4uq6WO.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So very nice to see the family all together and a very nice dinner!! :)<3
    Till the phone rang and well you can only guess what is happening. Sure wish I could hear that conversation!!

:p Wheee here we go...

• Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Reading up there ^^ how you do your story...exactly how I do mine. I have a story save and a game save. It is funny how similar both saves actual are though.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    @haswh Yes, just a very nice dinner! :blush: Nothing out of the ordinary...
    Hehehehe :naughty: Who knows what Lola could have said?

@Skcaga6 It’s a good system when you’re doing plot-based! Even if it’s not as “fun” as actual gameplay haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Not sure why but the ending of the latest chapter and the ramifications of what it means had me doing this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcinzmfZeCc

Does this mean that I'm evil?
    LOL! Oh man Mark Hamil as Joker :heart: I’d say the perfect reaction, @VanPelt81 ;) No more evil than me! :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    The brown stuff is going to fly - everyone duck because the fan is going to get turned on soon......

edited July 2019
    Get the umbrellas and rain gear ready @AudreyFld :naughty: We are all standing in a splash zone :joy:

h5FD6DC55
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Wednesday! Let’s see if things are looking up yet for the SS Xanberlynn...

8.45: Meet the Parents
    c7Enjyz.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    The look on everyone’s faces! :bawling:
    I knew it would be a cliffhanger but that didn't make it any easier! :s I'm thinking that no one really knows if they are related so testing time will come. Let's just hope Emberlynn's not pregnant. I guess I wouldn't put it past you though! >:) And yes the look on everyone's faces!! :#
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    I knew it would be a cliffhanger but that didn't make it any easier! :s I'm thinking that no one really knows if they are related so testing time will come. Let's just hope Emberlynn's not pregnant. I guess I wouldn't put it past you though! >:) And yes the look on everyone's faces!! :#

Part of me hopes she is and she doesn't realize she is until after finding out the truth about Xander's family ties to her. >:)
    @VanPelt81 I think this will happen too! It's kinda how @CitizenErased14 operates! >:) Well sometimes anyway.
    @AudreyFld Yeahhhhhh nobody looks very happy to see anyone else, huh? :grimace:

@haswh Sorry for the awful cliffhanger! Man what a theory though! You and @VanPelt81 may be overestimating my evilness though! (Or maybe not... :naughty::tongue: ) we shall see! ;)
    snvAF3B.png
    Tomorrow’s chapter coming in like 12 hours or so! It’s a pretty big one ;)
    snvAF3B.png
    Happy Saturday! At long last, Emberlynn and Xander FINALLY get some answers...

8.46: Explanation (Part One)
    U9zp5rR.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited August 2019
    This is terrible! :s:'(
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Oh, man...this just got super awkward. I never thought I'd say this, but...poor Gigi. Yes, she cheated on Phoenix too, but...I don't think she deserves to be blindsided with this two decades and change later.

But hey, look on the bright side, Emberlynn. The next time you go to a convention, you and Xander will have the perfect costumes...
    Carrie-Fisher-Star-Wars-Autograph-Humor-Luke-Leia.jpg

TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
    Oh Lordy!

giphy.gif

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member

Dear CitizenErased14
    I want to tell you that I went on vacation a month ago with my tablet and two books in my suitcase.
    By chance, I was made aware of your story Dust to Dust. As a result, I did not read a single page in my books ;)
    After that I continued to read Ashes to Ashes and I have now reached through the first seven generations and am eagerly awaiting how life evolves for poor Emberlynn.
    Thanks for really good entertainment :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top