Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your family trees and legacy stories!

2...Next

Comments

• Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just started a new family and having so much fun I can see playing for a long time. The mother's name is Verity she is a single gal with 8 kids. They are all alien spawn from an abduction. The kids are disguised and don't know they aren't human. Anyhow I wasn't planning on having her have anymore, but the aliens couldn't keep their filthy hands off of her so now she is currently pregnant with 1 male and 4 females.

She also has two grown daughters who are married and have children. The one girl who I have never played ironically is married to an alien lol. Her name is Vivienne Moreno. I should also mention the other daughter whose name is Caroline is married to a normal sim, but he was abducted by aliens and is now pregnant with 5 babies rofl.

IuN1kFl.png

This is the mother Verity.

1ddduLo.png

This is Jeremiah he loves that play rocket ship (I wonder why lol).

qJLiHu7.png

Eleanor

CymV6p1.png

Felicity

cBVdpwd.png

Aarav

WfAPI4A.png

Rebekah

Hw8sFx2.png

Alina

NB1fTJy.png

Athena

2PFOp75.png

Jerome

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    You can see all my family trees in the link in my signature, and read about them too! The Swift family is my largest to date.

I'm addicted to generation play, though I tend to play for a lot of generations (roughly 104 per genetacy, though I haven't quite made it yet) and I'm not sure the Sims 4 can handle it, especially as all sims in the family are played for the same amount of time after they move out of the main house. I'm a little looser with my legacy style play, but I still tend to default to genetacy, only because I'm so used to it lol. I just love seeing how the family changes over time, and I always have mini-goals and some larger ones too - like to max out the simoleans. Just silly little things that keep me entertained and aren't necessarily part of the game.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    edited July 2019
    @SikoahGrace I think it's really interesting that you move the elders into nursing homes...I might do that myself but I have such an attachment to the sweet grandparents that....well...I'm not willing to give them up just yet.

@cheescaeks That's a really cool legacy family, especially the alien aspect and how you've managed to put a twist on the normal base game families. I love the Calientes! :D

@MDianaSanders Woah! That's a huge family tree. You should definitely continue Gen 5 in Sims 4...seeing how different it all is would be pretty interesting eh?

@DoodlyDoofus You should definitely start a thread for your characters. They're all so wonderful and I'm sure that you'll be able to fit in your story somewhere where we can all have fun reading it. I'm still reading it as I write lol

@Hoverael That's a really detailed description of your family relations. It's so cool and I really look forward to seeing some pictures...maybe? :p

@SweetieWright_84 Who's your heir for Gen 4? Your legacy is really nice :)

@Colorist40 Singel gal with 8 kids?! That's crazy! How did she raise em all without completely losing her mind?

@WildIrishBanshee I'm looking through your families right now. What's genetacy?

And for all of you...I was wondering how you manage to keep on playing a legacy without getting bored? I mean I'm trying to think of different plots or stories for my characters to follow in but I feel like I might not be able to pull it off well. What is your advice for playing legacies? And how do you do story driven ones, if you do?

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I've really enjoyed reading all about your sims families! <3

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Hoverael That's a really detailed description of your family relations. It's so cool and I really look forward to seeing some pictures...maybe? :p

Here it is by request:

Sandra Matthews Family:
    gVducI8.png
    (Sandra)

aVJvmLV.png
    (Wesley)

N7ZOeMI.png
    (Brandy)

WydywZf.png(Karen)

Matthews Family:
    YKBj3j6.png
    (Jason)

RFHMYRU.png
    (Alice)

yGegPPH.png
    (Roger)

1s0snYh.png
    (Geraldine)

bFwCNZR.png
    (Bruce)

TfA5JaS.png
    (Jeri)

Parker family:
    GTKqQ82.png
    (Glenn)

ErmESgv.png
    (Sabrina)

sDSdCA1.png
    (Elouise)

x82g2mL.png
    (Adam)

effmKV4.png
    (Mingmei)

AmfqRFd.png
    (Ding)

Everson family:
    WDP7rXD.png
    (Shawn)

vPitP0F.png
    (Candice)

tENKWvl.png
    (Kyle)

d7Ji9Jq.png
    (Mandy)

bekJ7gC.png
    (Gregory)

PPmKVl6.png
    (Maude)

PWv9EmI.png
    (Iwan)

Edit: Fixed Iwan's picture.
    Post edited by Hoverael on
  • theaethanrealmtheaethanrealm Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2019
    yesyesyes i love talking about my legacy challenge! susana and sterling hilton are the founders and are almost elders. susana is an amazing cook, mixologist, and painter and super nice, while sterling is more closed off and is great at handiness, programming, and video gaming. he even has 24k fans for his gaming livestreams!

jace hilton is the oldest son, and he's a young adult. he's bisexual and dated nancy and geoffrey's new son in my game named devon, but they broke up. it really broke him and he got into some bad stuff. but then he met this girl named patrice holman who's a hippie and she really helped him. jace went to rehab and got a lot better and he just got married to patrice and got a house with her! i really like jace.

violet hilton is the second child, and she just became a young adult. she has a lot of star quality and is really charming with a big personality. she recently broke up with don lothario's son jaxon because he was lame and she wasn't even that sad about it lmao. she's super good at guitar and violin and just started the entertainer career. she's still living with her parents and she really wants to move out but she just isn't ready yet. I'm excited to see what her future holds.

cora and atlas are teenage twins and are sterling and susana's last biological children. they're both really nerdy and get bullied in school which is super sad because they're so smart and awesome. atlas is a bit socially awkward and loves playing video games and messing around with the giant microscope in his room. cora is great at logic and super sweet, she loves kids. the twins are really close and are really glad to have each other.

miley walker is a bit different. she's the teen daughter of malcolm landgraab and nikita walker, a really old dead lady. jace was nikita's *ahem* client, and i noticed nikita only had 5 days left to live and had a toddler daughter. jace really loved little miley so he convinced his family to take her in. as soon as she became a child, she moved in with the hiltons and i made her a room in their basement. nikita died the night she moved in. miley was really isolated and angry at the world at first but she's gotten a lot better. she didn't know malcolm was her dad for a long time, but when she found out he was she contemplated moving in with him. malcolm's traits are evil, snob, and mean, so i'm not so sure about that... what do you guys think?

if you want to see pictures of them check out my instagram @ aethan.sims

if you read all this thank you!! please tell me what you think :)
    origin id - theaethanrealm
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    Links to my legacy family tree and legacy family story are in my signature.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited July 2019
    @PlumbobGrandma
    This save is my first time ever actually playing rotationally, so they're all my heirs. I couldn't just choose one. When they age up, and move out on their own, I add them to the rotation. That way everyone's stories progress. I couldn't stand the thought of any of them just growing old and dying without having lived first.

It was the easiest way possible to try playing rotationally for me -- staying within the bloodline.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to the right section for you :smile:
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    edited July 2019
    My family tree needs to be worked on some more so I won't post the link right now (I will when it's done though). I'm only on generation 4 so far, but I'm really loving it.
    Edit: here's the link. It's a pretty big tree because MCCC has done some wild stuff with my spares/their kids https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5ce5a1c0bd39c600069624d9
    Here's some pictures:

My founder, Celia Newman:
    mTQueRx.png
    Celia started with nothing. She slept on an air mattress outside and peed in a bush. But she really loved to garden, and what started off as a small garden with a few plants turned into a very large garden in a greenhouse. She maxed the gardening skill, as well as reaching level 10 of the gardener career.

Her husband, Russell Birch:
    mbZPWgz.png
    Russell was a wonderful husband, but kind of forgettable. I don't remember what he liked to do besides play video games. He was a townie that Celia met at the bar one night, and he was in the tech guru career.

My gen 2 heir, Oliver Newman:
    zBofprj.png
    Oliver didn't have much when he was growing up, but he loved his family and was really close with his two other siblings, Sebastian and Rosalind. Oliver ended up being in the political career, in the charity organizer branch where he raised awareness for No Sim Left Behind. Sadly, I don't believe he ever got to level 10. Oliver's also one of the only sims I've ever completed an aspiration with. He randomized the Friend of the World one, and since he had a few reward traits that helped him build friendship fast, he ended up being a pretty popular guy.

Oliver's first wife, Toni Landgraab (daughter that Geoffrey and Nancy had via MCCC)
    lvOPR2g.png
    Oliver and Toni were high school sweethearts. They got married when they became young adults, and had two kids together. However, things didn't end up working out, and they got divorced. (What actually happened was one day I decided that for some reason I didn't like her anymore but felt like killing her was too extreme, so I had Oliver divorce her and moved her back in with her brother)

Oliver's second wife, Kailani Dowd:
    vQOEqse.png
    Oliver didn't know if he wanted to get remarried after his divorce from Toni, but his romantic nature got the best of him, and he fell in love with Kailani. She was seemingly perfect, but once they tied the knot, her jealous side started to show. She would get upset when Oliver was just at work or swimming in the backyard. She eventually ended up getting "accidentally" killed by a cowplant. (I now know that sims with the jealous trait are terrible and I'll never let one of my sims marry someone with that trait again)

My gen 3 heir, Beatrice Newman:
    lj0fDRW.png
    Beatrice had a pretty decent childhood, despite her parents' divorce and the deaths she had witnessed (She was the first one to witness both her grandma Celia's death and Kailani's death). Beatrice was a very active sim who loved to exercise. However, her real passion was helping the environment. She joined the conservationist career, and chose the marine biologist branch. She also ended up getting to level 10 in the career. (I also don't know why I'm using the word was, she's still alive in my game and not even an elder yet due to being pregnant a lot)

Beatrice's wife, Cindy Flex (daughter of Marcus Flex and Penny Pizazz)
    KxRlcvx.png
    Cindy and Beatrice were also high school sweethearts who were (and still are) very much in love. Cindy loved music, so she was in the entertainer career, and while she didn't get promoted very high, she did have maxed guitar and singing skills. It seemed like Cindy was almost always singing or playing guitar, and sometimes she did both. She also wrote a few songs, but she didn't end up releasing them all because songwriting was more of a hobby for her rather than a way to make money.

My gen 4 heir, Parker Newman:
    XPcKCzL.png
    Parker was the only boy in his house growing up, with his five sisters and two moms. He was pretty close with all of them, and they had a great childhood together. He's especially close with his twin sister Brooklynn, who still lives with him currently. Parker is active, just like his mom, and is currently in the athlete career (at level 5 or 6, I can't remember). However, his main goal in life is to have a big happy family. His wife recently gave birth to triplets, and they have another son as well. Parker really hopes to develop a strong relationship with them, just like he had with his family growing up.

Parker's wife, Raina Ruffin:
    1aoBEZm.png
    Raina was Parker's childhood friend, and they started dating in high school. Parker proposed on the day they became young adults, and they got married shortly after. Raina is a creative sim, who is currently in the painter career. Her goal in life is to become a super parent, which won't be hard with her four children. Overall, Raina is a great wife and mother, despite the fact that she has the evil trait.
    Post edited by mia_noelle97 on