Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keyboard And Mouse Support Coming Later Today To Consoles!!!!! (Now Out)

124...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I bought a BT keyboard and a BT mouse earlier today, and I'm quite impressed with the new update. Granted, I've only been in Build/Buy mode so far, but I'm thrilled to be able to tilt the camera like on PC.

I also answered my own question earlier in this thread. The keyboard does not require a dongle, but the mouse might depending on the model. Both work fine.

You can get wireless combos with both the mouse and keyboard. It comes with the dongle. Some of them are as cheap as $20.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    https://www.very.co.uk/logitech-mk540-advanced-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-combo/1600262022.prd? , thinking of getting myself a keyboard and mouse just wondering would this work ?
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I bought a BT keyboard and a BT mouse earlier today, and I'm quite impressed with the new update. Granted, I've only been in Build/Buy mode so far, but I'm thrilled to be able to tilt the camera like on PC.

I also answered my own question earlier in this thread. The keyboard does not require a dongle, but the mouse might depending on the model. Both work fine.

You can get wireless combos with both the mouse and keyboard. It comes with the dongle. Some of them are as cheap as $20.

I didn't want cheap. The keyboard and mouse I picked up separately work with multiple connections. For the mouse, it's not a big deal. The keyboard lets me Sim, text on my phone, or type on my tablet by turning a knob to which connection I want active. I found it at Best Buy for about $35 and I love it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    edited April 2019
    Did anybody notice that under mouse and keyboard mode, the blue loading bar on ps4 disappears?? What does it mean? Does it mean shorter loading time? I haven’t measured with a stopwatch but is it really the case, or is it just that without the loading bar, we “feel like” it’s shorter?

As of controls, I find that I prefer a controller for live mode, and mouse and keyboard for build mode.
    Post edited by xingyicaicn on
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
    Did anybody notice that under mouse and keyboard mode, the blue losing bar on ps4 disappears?? What does it mean? Does it mean shorter loading time? I haven’t measured with a stopwatch but is it really the case, or is it just that without the loading bar, we “feel like” it’s shorter?

As of controls, I find that I prefer a controller for live mode, and mouse and keyboard for build mode.

No I'm getting longer loading probably because of the update and Spa Day.but then again I dont have a pro yet.
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    Did anybody notice that under mouse and keyboard mode, the blue losing bar on ps4 disappears?? What does it mean? Does it mean shorter loading time? I haven’t measured with a stopwatch but is it really the case, or is it just that without the loading bar, we “feel like” it’s shorter?

No I'm getting longer loading probably because of the update and Spa Day.but then again I dont have a pro yet.

I am on a regular ps4 too. I feel like when using mouse and keyboard, the loading time is shorter. It could just be my imagination though.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Alright so I just tried to connect a keyboard and mouse to my Xbox. The keyboard works just fine but for whatever reason, the Xbox is not recognizing the mouse.

ETA: Looks like switching to a different mouse worked.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2019
    Just bought my keyboard and mouse and a portable table 😂😂 , can't wait for it to be delivered
    Edit: and mouse mat cannae forget that lol
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Alright so I just tried to connect a keyboard and mouse to my Xbox. The keyboard works just fine but for whatever reason, the Xbox is not recognizing the mouse.

ETA: Looks like switching to a different mouse worked.

What brand keyboard and mouse is it?
  • SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    Bummer to see that the patch for consoles today has yet to fix the edge scrolling issues. Really may just ask Sony for a refund on the game and all the packs I've bought. Gameplay is really terrible without edge scrolling imo. @SimGuruJoystick do you have any update for this issue for consoles yet??
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Simstopics wrote: »
    Bummer to see that the patch for consoles today has yet to fix the edge scrolling issues. Really may just ask Sony for a refund on the game and all the packs I've bought. Gameplay is really terrible without edge scrolling imo. @SimGuruJoystick do you have any update for this issue for consoles yet??
    I’m sorry to hear that, I’m surprised it’s not working for you as they claimed it’s fixed in the patch notes. Mine is now fine and it finally recognises my wired mouse again as the last patch broke it.
  • SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    Simstopics wrote: »
    I’m sorry to hear that, I’m surprised it’s not working for you as they claimed it’s fixed in the patch notes. Mine is now fine and it finally recognises my wired mouse again as the last patch broke it.

It seemed that uninstalling then reinstalling fixed the issue finally.
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • DaxDax Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm curious about how the keyboard and mouse setup "works" for console if you're playing in the living room like I do. When I play Xbox, I sit in my recliner. Is everyone just setting at a desk when using the keyboard and mouse?
    Dax wrote: »
    I'm curious about how the keyboard and mouse setup "works" for console if you're playing in the living room like I do. When I play Xbox, I sit in my recliner. Is everyone just setting at a desk when using the keyboard and mouse?

It's best if you have a desk. Amazon sells some bed tables you can use a wireless keyboard and mouse on.