Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Expansion Pack?

I bought the sims 4 a year or two ago and it came with the pets pack, and that's the only pack I have. I'm getting a bit bored of it, and my broke little self if trying to save some money to buy a new pack. What expansion pack do you guys think is the most fun and has the most content? I'm really looking for something with a fun new world to play in and a lot of new features. I'd love to hear what your favorite expansion pack is!
origin id - theaethanrealm

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ok, for me the best are Seasons and Get Famous.

However, if you want a new world to play in, with a lot of features, I'd say the most balanced one is Get Together. Since Seasons doesn't bring any new worlds, and Get Famous has a new world but it's not that big.

There's also City Living, but... not that many features, although you might enjoy it. It's not a terrible EP but I'd wait for a sale to get it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • theaethanrealmtheaethanrealm Posts: 62 Member
    @Sigzy05 I do love windenburg so i think get together would be a solid option. thanks for the advice!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes! Windenburg is a beautiful big European world, with different areas and neat premade sims. It also comes with one of the best features in the game, the club system, DJ skill, plus cafes and dance venues. One of my favourite packs and great value for money!

Seasons is also great if you want realistic weather, holidays, the cycle of seasons, more challenging and interesting gardening, flower arranging (a very lucrative skill), and bees. It doesn’t have a world though.
  • flowerceremonyflowerceremony Posts: 17 Member
    For me Seasons is a must - I love the realism aspect that weather adds to the game - but it really depends on your play style! Windenburg is a beautiful world if you're looking to explore in that aspect, but I found GT didn't have as much of an appeal for me game play wise. To each their own though :)
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    I’m going to go with Seasons on this one, it truly is the best because you can use it in almost all and any of the saves you play. It’s so beautiful when the seasons change + it’s a lot of fun to play with and something I think was really worth it for its price. While it doesn’t come with a new world, I always love seeing Brindleton Bay in a different light, or even Newcrest in that matter.

Good luck!

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2019
    Island Living is without a doubt the best pack. Get Together and City Living add a lot to the game as well and I've said for years that Get Together was the best pack. That changed this month. Get Together makes the game playable, but Island Living makes it super fun.

In all honesty, I kind of regret getting Seasons and Cats and Dogs because they've made the game so glitchy and Seasons causes a lot of unavoidable negative moodlets.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    My favorite EP is City living. I love every feature in the pack and use them all. But it's a pretty polarizing pack.

I would recommend Get Together. It's a really close second for me. The world is beautiful. I like the dancing skills. It made me actually visit Night Clubs and Bars. Most importantly Clubs can be used in a lot of ways.

If you are not in a I would also recommend waiting on a sale. The EPs go on sale often enough for 50% off.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think City Living is my favorite. I love the CAS items and the festivals.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If you have Cats and Dogs you might find Island Living is more fun for them. Lots to dig up, with swimming and long walks. GTW is worth buying for the Windenburg world and olde worlde atmosphere. (also nice to walk around)..
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    Island Living is without a doubt the best pack. Get Together and City Living add a lot to the game as well and I've said for years that Get Together was the best pack. That changed this month. Get Together makes the game playable, but Island Living makes it super fun.

In all honesty, I kind of regret getting Seasons and Cats and Dogs because they've made the game so glitchy and Seasons causes a lot of unavoidable negative moodlets.

Sulani is amazing, but besides that IL is just a Game Pack at the price of an expansion. GTW, GT, CL, or Seasons are good for a second pack option.
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Seasons because of the calendar. I love being able to schedule a party for different times, plus creating different holidays for my sims to celebrate.
    giphy.gif
    Thanks to all of you for the advice! Now I just need $40...
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Wow, after this thread I think I want Get Together!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2019
    Out of all the packs for me that is the best is Get Together, CL would have been if it wasn't too limited. I was shocked when GT came out as I found it the least gimped pack.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Simlie20 wrote: »
    Seasons because of the calendar. I love being able to schedule a party for different times, plus creating different holidays for my sims to celebrate.
    I think Island Living is the best because of mermaids, but I do really like the calendar in Seasons. I don't care for holidays, but it keeps track of birthdays, including infants. They finally let us see a tiny bit of info about infants.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    I am in almost exactly the same situation as you, @theaethanrealm, so glad you asked. I have Cats & Dogs, but what should come next? First I thought Seasons, because I like the realism of it (and loved Seasons in TS2), but I also like aliens, so had just decided to ho for Get to Work until I read this thread. 🤔

Those of you who have Get to Work: Do you use it much in your general gameplay? I mean, would you miss it if it wasn't there?

Can't decide now!
    *to [i]go[/i] for... :D
    @Bandak I totally agree! I think I’m gonna go for Get Together because it has a really large and fun world and lots of new features.
    @Bandak also, my best friend has Get to Work and she really regrets buying it because the world sucks and it doesn’t have too many features.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Bandak wrote: »
    I am in almost exactly the same situation as you, @theaethanrealm, so glad you asked. I have Cats & Dogs, but what should come next? First I thought Seasons, because I like the realism of it (and loved Seasons in TS2), but I also like aliens, so had just decided to ho for Get to Work until I read this thread. 🤔

Those of you who have Get to Work: Do you use it much in your general gameplay? I mean, would you miss it if it wasn't there?

Can't decide now!

Get to Work is the pack I would not miss if I did not have. I use the baking skill. I have run a retail shop a few times. But honestly the retail system is the weakest of the sim 4 businesses. I have played through all the active careers. The only one I have played more than once is the Doctor career. I also like to have my pregnant sims give birth at the hospitals for the birth certificate.

But I personal don’t like Aliens, the active careers get repetitive, retail system is half-baked, world is extremely small, and the Photography skills was released in a patch to all simmers.

I think if you like aliens, you would probably also like the scientist career. It might be worth it to you on a sale.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    For me it's Get Famous. I'm really becoming dis-enamored with Seasons. It rains way too much. My Sims might as well be living in Washington State for all of the rain.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Thanks @Evilyn_1007, that is good advice!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bandak wrote: »

Can't decide now!

I like GTW a lot. My top two packs, which are really tied for my favour, are Seasons and GT. In all honesty, though, I would really miss any of them and I especially do like the first one, Get to Work, for a host of reasons.

Depending on a given sim’s personality, I have played through all 3 of the active careers several times with different doctors, cops, & scientists, and I like all three of them a lot. I love using the hospital for all my births and I also like playing doctors (for specific sims). I also have quite a few mad scientists and appreciate the weird inventions that come with that skill.

The retail system is not as good as OFB’s, but there are two types of businesses I love to play and have played repeatedly: Bakeries and Art Galleries. The baking skill is fun and many of my holidays require baking as one of the elements. Mannequins are a worthwhile addition too, although I tend to use them most in museums, to show off historical clothing, more than in stores.

Sixam is fun to go to and explore for my scientists and astronauts. I don’t think aliens are quite as developed as those in TS3 (I miss the ability actively to abduct sims and fly saucers), but I have enjoyed playing with them on occasion. I like their mind-reading and mind-analysing abilities, their ability to empathize and feel another’s emotions, to use a probe to cause probe panic, to transmute metals, to resurrect dead alien creatures and to erase a sim’s memories. I also like their customizability, and the fact that their emotions cause them to emit a soft glow in the same colour.

So I would recommend the pack; try to get it on sale though (only because you should get everything EA sells on sale).

Post edited by simfriend1968 on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    City Living is my favorite, and since you have Cats and Dogs, I might as well add that it adds an extra challenge to pets that can be quite enjoyable.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Get Together for sure in terms of game play and the new world. I think its the best pack out there. Id go for Seasons as the second one. I love having the calendar, holidays and weather effects.