Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food Stalls

Just a small thread but I really enjoy the food stalls popping up everywhere, especially the local catch stall in Brindleton Bay...Even though City Living may not be everyone's favorites, I think the additions of food stalls are pretty neat!

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I do love they having patched them into old worlds like Oasis Springs.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • VenitiaVenitia Posts: 20 Member
    Are you talking about the seasons' stalls, Beardedgeek? I think those are the only stalls I have seen in the Base Game. Haven't actually played outside of Willow Creek yet.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Venitia wrote: »
    Are you talking about the seasons' stalls, Beardedgeek? I think those are the only stalls I have seen in the Base Game. Haven't actually played outside of Willow Creek yet.

There are stalls in the base game as well? I’ve never noticed?

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I do love they having patched them into old worlds like Oasis Springs.

Not patched. They are from Seasons. If you have Seasons stalls appear on BG worlds, as well as worlds like Del Sol Valley, Magnolia Promenade etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

There are stalls in the base game as well? I’ve never noticed?

No, but base game worlds have stalls if you have Seasons
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    They're from all sorts of packs. They're in City Living, Seasons, Island Living, and maybe more as those are the only EP's I've had much of a chance to play with.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    They're from all sorts of packs. They're in City Living, Seasons, Island Living, and maybe more as those are the only EP's I've had much of a chance to play with.

Didn't the stalls only come with City Living and the booths applied to other worlds? Or are there additional "types" of booths if you have City Living + another expansion?

• RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member

Didn't the stalls only come with City Living and the booths applied to other worlds? Or are there additional "types" of booths if you have City Living + another expansion?

No, the cultural food stalls, vegetable stand and festival stalls are exclusive to City Living.

Seasonal food stalls are from Seasons. They appear in Windenburg, Willow Creek...as well if you have Seasons.

Jungle food stalls are from Jungle Adventure.

Pet food stalls, Today’s Catch fish stall and seafood stall are from Cats and Dogs.

Curio Shop Stall is from Strangerville.

Island food stall and Fresh Seafood Stall is from Island Living.

Each of those stalls requires only the pack that it comes with, but City Living did introduced this first.

Well to be honest I didn't check what stall it was; Might have been a Seasonal stall. But yes, they are patched in, things just don't magically appear.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I also enjoy the food stalls. For some reason the fish stalls are my favorite.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Have they made it so that stalls will now be manned if we place them on community lots?
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I love the random food stalls BUT why on earth don't they work normally on community lots when we place them there ourselves? This annoys me :neutral:
    LiesSim wrote: »
    I love the random food stalls BUT why on earth don't they work normally on community lots when we place them there ourselves? This annoys me :neutral:

Yeah this should be reported as a bug if it's not already! Why have them placeable if they can't be used??
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    They can be used on Community Lots, but you have to hire a vendor (and the funds are deducted from the active household’s account). I have also found that these vendors also don’t stay long. Cinderellimouse used to have a useful mod that enabled them on Community lots, but it hasn’t been updated in ages and no longer works.