Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 will play on the PS5

It's been confirmed PS5 will be backward compatible.

I was worried we wouldn't be able to play The Sims 4 if we upgraded to the PS5 which I believe is coming out next year.

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2019
    That's great I was worried about that, that we wont be able to finish the series, I'm glad we can play the sims 4 for great while after its done. The only thing that worries me now is what will happen , will they continue to make new DLC with the ps4 platform or will they just make new DLC for ps5 which means people that are staying on the ps4 for abit longer wont get anything new ,not everybody jumps straight into the newest console . When it comes to that. I hope they will keep it in the ps4 platform so no console player gets left behind 😊
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Maybe it will load in under 5 minutes with the ps5.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    If this is the case I hope they can optimise the game so it looks and performs better. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to have it identically match the pc in the next gen console.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I’m pretty sure it has the same graphic settings on PS4 pro? Which means it handles the game better than the regular PS4 I guess?

That’s one of the key improvements with the ps5. They announced loading times were a priority to fix, i read something about the newest Spider-Man having a cut in load time from 12 seconds to 0.8 I think it said!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'll believe it when it's for sale, since Sony sometimes makes promises before the product is launched. But if this is true, I'll buy one the first day it comes out. I'd have to give up this game plus a few others.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'll believe it when it's for sale, since Sony sometimes makes promises before the product is launched. But if this is true, I'll buy one the first day it comes out. I'd have to give up this game plus a few others.

Why would you have to give up this game for the PS5? The PS5 is backward compatible with all PS4 games meaning this game will play on it and probably faster since it's got a much faster processor.

Why would you have to give up this game for the PS5? The PS5 is backward compatible with all PS4 games meaning this game will play on it and probably faster since it's got a much faster processor.

I've seen in the past features were promised in the early stages but were not included in the final product. If I'm not mistaken, the PS4 was supposed to be backwards compatible when first details were announced and that didn't happen. That's why I'm waiting until we get closer to when it's available to celebrate this.

Also, my TV only has so many HDMI ports for things like PS4, Fire TV, etc.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    If I'm not mistaken, the PS4 was supposed to be backwards compatible when first details were announced and that didn't happen. That's why I'm waiting until we get closer to when it's available to celebrate this.

Actually, just as a matter of record, the PS4 was announced to not be backward-compatible right out of the gate, which initially frustrated would-be console upgraders, myself included. My strategy then became ‘refuse to upgrade until I finished playing games I was in the middle of or had in my queue,’ and consequently I waited a full year before converting to the PS4 (and a few months after that, to the Pro I have now). I was not alone in waiting; many took that approach, which affected console sales. It was also interesting Sony did later make several PS3 and PS2 titles available via its then-newly announced pay-to-play streaming service, proving the compatibility issues weren’t a technical limitation as they claimed but actually an attempt (and a pretty successful one) to generate more revenue via the service’s subscription costs (which remains the top gaming subscription service today, accounting for 52% of such subscriptions in Q3 2018).

Although nothing is official yet for the PS5, all signs point to Sony not trying this tactic a second time. I agree, wait-and-see is prudent, but I can also assure you no-backward-compatibility in the next generation would be a huge issue for many current PS4 and Pro players.

edited May 2019
    If this is the case I hope they can optimise the game so it looks and performs better. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to have it identically match the pc in the next gen console.

Edit: What i mean by this is when you compare the pc game to the console side by side the graphics on pc are sharper then console. I hope the ps5 will be able to play the game the way it looks on pc. Better, crisper textures, less jaggy edges and less blurriness
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    This is wonderful news, I am happy I will be able to continue playing if I get a PS5!
    I really hope this is true. I now officially own all the EPs, SPs and GPs for The Sims 4 on console as of yesterday.
    I really hope this is true. I now officially own all the EPs, SPs and GPs for The Sims 4 on console as of yesterday.

Woohoo! Congrats :smiley:
  • KutterHaulerNKutterHaulerN Posts: 4 New Member
    Nothing to worry about and Is this game compatible with PS4 Pro?

So do I and on PC as well.
    Nothing to worry about and Is this game compatible with PS4 Pro?

Yes its compatible with Pro and in fact it looks better on the Pro then it does on the regular PS4.
  • Damien555Damien555 Posts: 21 Member
    Glad Microsoft pushed them on this. Not being able to play my PS3 games on PS4 was weak.
    Damien555 wrote: »
    Glad Microsoft pushed them on this. Not being able to play my PS3 games on PS4 was weak.

You can play some PS3 games on PS4 now by downloading them from the Sony Store.
  • Cheyb0rgCheyb0rg Posts: 1 New Member
    Will our psplus saves be accessible on ps5?
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Xbox Series X will also be backwards compatable, except for kinect games as far as I know.
    So, that's great.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ElvisPlayLiveElvisPlayLive Posts: 9 New Member
    A twitter user named @ ErickGa57611478, informed us that he found on the page of The Sims 4 on PSN, a warning that The Sims 4 is compatible to run on PS5. Check the message in the image below:

Photo taken in HD by our team.
    Therefore, we have come to the conclusion that players who buy The Sims 4 on PS4 will be able to run the same game on PS5 without having to buy it again, as the backwards compatibility function will be compatible on The Sims 4 on PS4.

EA Games has not yet released the date that The Sims 4 will be available for Playstation 5. Let's wait, soon we will come back with more information.

Follow the Sims City Twitter, and stay on top of the news the moment they leave!

https://www.cidadedossims.com.br/2020/11/04/bomba-confirmado-the-sims-4-sera-retrocompativel-com-o-ps5/
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The PS5 is technically this holiday, but have the Sims made an official statement about support for PS5 v. PS4? Maybe a slightly upgraded version using the new tech like other games are getting via patches?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited November 2020
    They should make a statement on how well it will run... other game developers are reporting improvements with their games on the ps5 because of the better hardware.

And the ps5 releases in a week.
    elvisbelo wrote: »
    A twitter user named @ ErickGa57611478, informed us that he found on the page of The Sims 4 on PSN, a warning that The Sims 4 is compatible to run on PS5. Check the message in the image below:

Photo taken in HD by our team.
    Therefore, we have come to the conclusion that players who buy The Sims 4 on PS4 will be able to run the same game on PS5 without having to buy it again, as the backwards compatibility function will be compatible on The Sims 4 on PS4.

EA Games has not yet released the date that The Sims 4 will be available for Playstation 5. Let's wait, soon we will come back with more information.

Follow the Sims City Twitter, and stay on top of the news the moment they leave!

https://www.cidadedossims.com.br/2020/11/04/bomba-confirmado-the-sims-4-sera-retrocompativel-com-o-ps5/

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    That's amazing news that it's been confirmed that the sims 4 and all its packs soo far will play and even better and the sims team will continue too release the same content on the ps4 😊
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    That's amazing news that it's been confirmed that the sims 4 and all its packs soo far will play and even better and the sims team will continue too release the same content on the ps4 😊

Yeah I agree because I've never bought consoles on launch. Usually the 2nd or 3rd year after launch I'll purchase so that's great news.