Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Thanks everyone! I've currently got two complete and working on a third, once I finish it I'll start releasing them slowly. My schedule is crazy being a mom during the day and then working at night, so I like the idea of having some saved up because I never know what the week may bring.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Question.

When beginning a new story, do you write up a few chapters before you start releasing them? What sort of posting schedule do you do in the beginning? Once a week? Or a few to grab the readers attention and then after a while once a week kind of thing?

I suggest write up and schedule a few chapters to start off with. That way you got a buffer and your readers won't have to wait too long.

As for a posting schedule, don't worry about one; just write and release when possible. Less pressure to meet a deadline that way.

I needed this answer, so thank you from me, too! :)

Hi all! I'm back. :lol: I think I'll have an easier time writing and being a SimLit community member this time. I hope that my motivation and state of being are sufficient for it to happen.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Question.

When beginning a new story, do you write up a few chapters before you start releasing them? What sort of posting schedule do you do in the beginning? Once a week? Or a few to grab the readers attention and then after a while once a week kind of thing?

I suggest write up and schedule a few chapters to start off with. That way you got a buffer and your readers won't have to wait too long.

As for a posting schedule, don't worry about one; just write and release when possible. Less pressure to meet a deadline that way.

I tried that when i first started the benders got to generation 2 and ayden somehow broke ll the rules withen 10 sim days so i gave up, and in aparently cause i lknow by now if i fight with him he wins.
    edited July 2019
    opps i f0orgot to write. tomorrow . i went in to eso i'm almost to the end of my current quest.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I'm glad mod exist, just changed my loading screen to a darker one!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    i'm here. my internet and cable both went wonky. whats weird is i was watching tv which means everything was working.
    alvins adorable. beverlys live in boyfriend. beverly went to the ciecus with rylan so alvin slept in abother bed til beverly came back and the pic of them sleeping is so cute aparently he has trouble sleeping without her.
    i promise this will all make sense later tonight . i'm hungry and need coffeee but it was so cute i had to share. oh i got pics of rveryone but not that part

the pic is in my newly posted update its so cute.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    hey guys? What could be my characters' various strengths to recuse Jay (whos been kidnapped?) Melissa is a bit of a flirt (but she's has a boyfriend), Leah's the magic person, Elliot's basically Jay from Descendant and then there's Selene (my main character at the moment) and Prince James (royalty but he's going to be in disguse to help recuse Jay)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Monday's the start of Bible camp and for all 5 days it's going to be different then all the years since Summer before Gr. 7.
    6adMCGP.gif
    alanas kids are definitley hers. somehow she has one or 2 that get sick right before school only to be better just in time for the weekend. she has 3 kids
    alanas kids are definitley hers. somehow she has one or 2 that get sick right before school only to be better just in time for the weekend. she has 3 kids

speaking of kids this year the girls who live next door are going to be a Shepard/Shepard in training at Bible Camp this year which also means that Monday-Friday they're going to be walking to the church with Mom and I.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited July 2019
    I don't like that I don't like my story's early chapter. It's pretty bad (I think) at least compared to the recent stuff. I'm just hoping new people who starts reading did not stop in the bad part of my stories. Especially that the first few chapters are just me trying new stuff.
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    I don't like that I don't like my story's early chapter. It's pretty bad (I think) at least compared to the recent stuff. I'm just hoping new people who starts reading did not stop in the bad part of my stories. Especially that the first few chapters are just me trying new stuff.

@AkramA THIS!I was also nervous about my first chapters, cuz they were kinda nasty compared to my most recent ones, to the point I just decided to change some things ont the earlier chapter insert more description, take out the billon times used''said'', among many things, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. :s

i held on to you by confusing you. :)
    Sourocha wrote: »

@AkramA THIS!I was also nervous about my first chapters, cuz they were kinda nasty compared to my most recent ones, to the point I just decided to change some things ont the earlier chapter insert more description, take out the billon times used''said'', among many things, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. :s

i had kind of the same issue. the benders went from sweet ans funny to serious . i blame ayden. we got in a argument a wwhile back and he cheated to win it. he threw up which i had nothing to do with.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    7OkLTZo.png
    Hey everyone! Here's a new chapter of Nightshade!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!

@Sourocha
    I wish I could change some of the words, hehehe. It's harder since I made them into comic already.

I actually don't mind the word "said" especially that I want to know who says what without infering to anything. It's sometimes hard to remember who says what. Although, I understand why some might think it's repetitive, but my mind is not working like others.
    edited July 2019
    Now that I'm not posting daily, i guess I can promote my stories here too!
    Sims 4 Legacy Comic : Gen 2 – Ep 4 : Growing Up
    24-1_01.jpg?w=616
    24-1_02.jpg?w=616
    24-1_03.jpg?w=616
    24-1_04.jpg?w=616
    continue reading on webtoon
    part1

part2
    edited July 2019
    new chapter
    HTNJLXU.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member

LOL i literally just came on here to ask this question!

I'm already two chapters into my new story and I feel like there's not much going on. I have so much planned for this story,but it takes a while to build up the story! I always worry that people will read and get bored :(. I tend to use the first few chapters to introduce characters and then get into the deeper stuff. I definitely did that with my other story so that gives me hope, since so many people kept reading :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Acarb90 wrote: »

LOL i literally just came on here to ask this question!

I'm already two chapters into my new story and I feel like there's not much going on. I have so much planned for this story,but it takes a while to build up the story! I always worry that people will read and get bored :(. I tend to use the first few chapters to introduce characters and then get into the deeper stuff. I definitely did that with my other story so that gives me hope, since so many people kept reading :)

Just be careful what you wish for the biggest argument i had with ayden was because he wanted more drama i said no then he threw up, no i'm not kidding. but he got his way he cheated to d it but i caved.

oh myabsence this afternoon is all sissy fault (cathtea) she dropped eso on mr a while back when i get stressed i play it.
    first day of Bible camp was today and the girls next door (counsellor/counsellor in training) seem to have a good day
    6adMCGP.gif
    new chapter

ni9MWru.png
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top