Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Cure Issue

I just reverted one of my sims because he was trying to marry his Master. Unfortunately, even though he is now human again, the "master
-offspring" relationship is still in place. How do I change this?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Are you still having trouble with this? I looked for a bug-report on this here, but didn't see it. Did you try clearing your caches, temporarily removing mods, etc? If the problem is persisting, you could make a bug-report yourself.

My vampires' master-offspring relationships are mostly broken. I posted about it months ago, but the workaround I was offered didn't work for me. It didn't matter enough for me to pursue it further--I'm just letting you know you're not alone. There are a lot of issues w/the vampire pack these days, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    The only methods I can think of that might work are saving your household in your library and starting an entirely new save with them or in the same save removing your played household and then replacing them with the same household saved in your library. You might need to put them in separate households and then put them together again, but hopefully not. You should lose relationships that way (which are easy enough to get back with cheats if you wish), but still keep skills, aspirations, careers, etc. I remember a while back I was trying to maintain the master/offspring relationship, but if I tried to start a new save this relationship between the vampires was lost. I have read about other issues with cured vampires too though, e.g. lingering weaknesses. I don't know if this is still ongoing or happening for you? If so you might need to create a clone/twin of your cured sim in CAS using the play with genetics feature and start from scratch with him, but again hopefully not.

I personally don't mind vampire masters and offspring being married, in fact one of my vampires is about to turn his wife into a vampire in a special planned ceremony. I understand that you might not want this though, particularly now your sim isn't a vampire and therefore no longer has a 'master'. I hope you get it sorted. :)
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The relationship won't go. I think it may be because they're still somehow linked. Who knows!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Did you try any of the other troubleshooting-steps? Apparently sometimes traveling can fix things, or moving HHs to another lot & back.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    One of the townies I made playable was cured and he still has a withered stomach. He's now living on protein shakes. :o
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg