Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Normal, long or short life span? (no modded answers) please .

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Long span
    When I have aging on, it is always set to the long. Any shorter than that my sim's don't get to enjoy life very much.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Long span
    Long for me. There's just not enough time on Normal when you've got a ton of households you rotate with, especially if you don't want to miss birthdays or certain events. With mods, of course, I extend Long to be even longer hahaha
  • queenkillerxqueenkillerx Posts: 5 New Member
    Normal Span
    They all have their places, I prefer normal because I can get bored quickly and want to see some life progression, but I like the Long mode for playing a world I am constantly playing in and trying to get every achievement or a really hard goal.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Long span
    Long lifespan here, but I'll age up my Sims when I feel they're ready for the next chapter, for example if they've completed one or two aspirations or have reached the top of a career. I invite some of their friends (especially when they're teens) and age them up as well using LMS' Let Friends Age Up mod. (If I have a closet from GT on the lot I'll use that to adjust wardrobes if necessary, otherwise I'll go into Manage Households later and do it.)

I find that playing this way gives my Sims time to have some fun rather than just being the constant grind.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Long span
    'Long' is the only option available that allows me to play a decent lifespan, while also including aging. What they call "normal" is still way too short... and isn't much of a difference from the actual 'Short' lifespan option.

I wish they would allow us to customize the lengths (like in Sims 3).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • MollyDTheSimsMollyDTheSims Posts: 21 Member
    Long span
    I chose long, I also make sure my sims never age up without me doing it on purpose, I take a long time to get money and progress in my sims story so I don't like it when they age up too quickly, or at all.
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    Long span
    Normal for me. I want to be reminded that when playing a life simulation that life is also a fleeting and fragile thing. If people lived forever, then what’s the point of actually doing anything since you can just do it tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day, or the next day…
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    Long span
    I can’t edit anything when using a phone, but I did vote normal.
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Long span
    Because I play several households in the same save file, I have the aging set on long because I don't want my sims to age too much when I'm playing another household (I really dislike that life continues in the other households, even though I had aging of and all that, my sims gave birth when I were away, so now I don't trust the game to not age my sims when I'm not there, so I have it on long).
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Aging off so I guess my answer would be “Long... VERY VERY long”.

me tooooo
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Long span
    I play with the long life span. I like to achieve a lot with my sims and the long life span let's me achieve all these things. I dont play with aging off because I like the fact that my sims age up and have birthdays on their own accord, if that makes sense. Normal life span is just a little bit too short for me.
  • LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    Long span
    Long, because normal is too short for me. I miss TS3 option to set every stage at a different time span! 😫
  • HarleyQuinnGirlHarleyQuinnGirl Posts: 47 Member
    Long span
    I don't ever like my sims to age, so I always have aging off. But I guess I'd choose long since the rest are too short for me.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Normal Span
    Long lifespan is way too long for me. I get bored if time doesn't pass as far as aging. Short lifespan is too short so I use normal.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Family_Simmer158Family_Simmer158 Posts: 2 New Member
    Normal Span
    I used to use long life spans because I could never complete what I wanted to do with my sims life. For example: Having kids, Getting promoted to top. But then it got really boring when I got to an elder because there isn't that much for elders to do in sims. So i guess normal?
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Long span
    Long lifespan. I rarely just play one family, all the families in my game I've either made or tweaked myself, and for me it's more about the society of sims and their families more than each individual sim. So I rotate alot, and it's definitely good knowing that your sims won't grow up right away when you're on another family. I sometimes play with aging off too, but my goal is to have it as realistic as possible, so understandably, vampires are always deleted from my game.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Long span
    Long life span. In fact, I’d like the life span options from The Sims 3 brought back to the game please. :)

“Short / Normal / Long” isn’t good enough for me.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Normal Span
    I use normal in most saves. I like generational play and this keeps everything at a good pace to me. Long feels way too long and short feels too short so I feel like normal is the best option for me. I get just the right amount of time with my sims and I don’t get the chance to get bored of them.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Aging off. Does that count as "modded"? 😅
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    Long span
    I like long life spans. I like to have my sims get to the top of their careers and have a little time to enjoy their retirement.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Long span
    If I’m playing a challenge, it’s normal. But I tend to get bored with challenges and straight up grinds so I don’t do them often. My main save, all of the sims and lots are made by me on a wide rotation so anything shorter than long would feel like a huge waste of my time. I’d have to play with aging off.

I still want some progression though so I do use mods just to make it super slow and make it more hands off. As a point of reference, pregnancy alone lasts for about as long as the actual normal lifespan. Why? Seasons. To me, it doesn’t make sense for a sim to be born and die in what would be like, two years. I can make small changes to the world as I go without feeling too pressured.
  • CathreliaCathrelia Posts: 6 New Member
    Long span
    I usually have turned aging off and age them when I feel like it, but when I'll turn it back on I use long.
  • TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    Long span
    I'm glad to see so many people have aging turned off, I thought I was the odd one out for turning it off but I guess not. I just hate seeing sims die!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Normal Span
    I never played short, lol. Long is just... too long for my taste. I like my Sims to have to make hard life choices and the sense of urgency. I don't like them to max all skills and everything. Or they end up looking all the same. It works if you want to play complicated relationships. But I don't think the game was meant for that.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Long span
    Long, whenever I actually have it on. I prefer to age manually.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top