Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Make Most Packs Better And More Enjoyable

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
So, I know a lot of you feel like these packs don't add up with the price- well, here's a pretty simple way to make them way more enjoyable. Acutually, more than one way. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find something that'll work. And if not, I'll try and edit this over time.

1. Mods This is the simplest way to make em more fun. Just find some free mods to expand on the pack you find lacking and install them. But I know not everybody uses mods, so this is just there.

2. Be Creative Get those creative juices flowing and think, hard. Try something you would normally never, ever do. Like, for example, collect all the aliens from Get To Work.

3. Try A Challenge Find a challenge that the works with the pack you're focusing on, start it, and try to finish it. Right now, I'm doing a Not So Berry challenge centered in Sulani. But it doesn't have to be a legacy challenge!I

4. Get Inspiration Look around on the gallery, here in the forums, social media, etc, to find some good ideas.
*Credit to @PreCiious for the idea
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2019
    simple. buy them on its 75% sale, the price which they deserve. lol
    Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on
    y'all got bread?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am just now looking at using a couple gameplay mods that look promising. My game needs a little boost these days. I am also doing a rags to riches challenge on Sulani that is interesting. Never done one of those before so it is proving to be a bit more difficult than I anticipated, but that's good. I needed a new challenge. Good ideas, @nerdfashion !
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    4. Get Inspiration. Look what other Simmers who have fun with their game do. Watch Lets Plays, read blogs, go to the Gallery or on social media etc.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    PreCiious wrote: »
    4. Get Inspiration. Look what other Simmers who have fun with their game do. Watch Lets Plays, read blogs, go to the Gallery or on social media etc.

Added. Great idea! I did rephrase it a bit, but I think you'll be happy to know that you have full credit for the idea.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I feel like people shouldn't have to resort to mods and manifesting their own 'creativity' for a pack to be enjoyable. They should be able to stand on their own with enough content to keep players entertained for a while, especially EPs. But that's just my opinion tho
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I feel like people shouldn't have to resort to mods and manifesting their own 'creativity' for a pack to be enjoyable. They should be able to stand on their own with enough content to keep players entertained for a while, especially EPs. But that's just my opinion tho

Not trying to be rude or anything, but isn't the entire Sims series based on using creativity?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member

Not trying to be rude or anything, but isn't the entire Sims series based on using creativity?

I agree with @ListentoToppDogg that EP's should be strong enough to stand on their own without having to instal mods to make them enjoyable.
    When it comes to TS4 not many packs are able to do that...
    I know many really creative people who have tried giving TS4 a chance but have given up on it because no amount of creativity can fix the lack of gameplay that TS4 has. So they went back to the previous The Sims games.

I only play TS4 when I want to build something because the build mode is great. You should add something about that to the list as well.

It's good that you are trying to give other players some ideas how to make TS4 more enjoyable. I hope it works.