Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh goodness! This thread hasn't been active for quite a long time. Heck, *I* haven't been active in a while. Life has been most;y up, some down, and definitely VERY busy. I don't even know the last time I wrote a pen pal letter for one of my Sims.

I do hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some beautiful weather. This winter was a rough one where I live, so I'm stoked that Spring seems to finally be here. Now, let's hope I don't jinx it. :grin:

I wanted to let you all know that my blog has been going through some maintenance. I decided to change a self-hosted Wordpress blog for better customaization and more freedom. However, this means that the "new" site overrode my "old" one. My content is still there, but my followers/community, small as it was, is no longer there. This meas that those who were following my blog before need to resubscribe. You'll have to do it by typing your email address into the little box because apparently with self-hosted blogs, the follow button on the bottom doesn't show up. Once subbed, it should still show up in your reader.

Simming With Sweet Nightingale

So yeah...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL! Happy Simming!
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Oh goodness! This thread hasn't been active for quite a long time. Heck, *I* haven't been active in a while. Life has been most;y up, some down, and definitely VERY busy. I don't even know the last time I wrote a pen pal letter for one of my Sims.

I do hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some beautiful weather. This winter was a rough one where I live, so I'm stoked that Spring seems to finally be here. Now, let's hope I don't jinx it. :grin:

I wanted to let you all know that my blog has been going through some maintenance. I decided to change a self-hosted Wordpress blog for better customaization and more freedom. However, this means that the "new" site overrode my "old" one. My content is still there, but my followers/community, small as it was, is no longer there. This meas that those who were following my blog before need to resubscribe. You'll have to do it by typing your email address into the little box because apparently with self-hosted blogs, the follow button on the bottom doesn't show up. Once subbed, it should still show up in your reader.

Hi @sweetnightingale glad to see you back. :)

It's great to be back. :) I've missed everyone.

Just letting you know that Alex and Henry responded to your sims. I'm not sure if you knew.
    Below is the link. Also I'm behind on my pen pal letters so no pressure to respond soon. XD
    https://simscognito.weebly.com/latestchapteroffriendsoffoes/interlude-the-pen-pals

Just letting you know that Alex and Henry responded to your sims. I'm not sure if you knew.
    Below is the link. Also I'm behind on my pen pal letters so no pressure to respond soon. XD
    https://simscognito.weebly.com/latestchapteroffriendsoffoes/interlude-the-pen-pals

Ohhh yes! I know I owe a bunch of letters, and I remember Alex and Henry writing. :) I'll have to refresh my memory as to the contents of the letters, but I will knock something out this week, I'm hoping. Liam and Matilda just moved into a new house, and Ella definitely needs taken off the shelf.
  • ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member

Ummmmm... Y'know...
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I think that I replied with chance to everyone...?!? Not sure now and I'll have to double check xD

But welcome back!!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    I think that I replied with chance to everyone...?!? Not sure now and I'll have to double check xD

But welcome back!!

well your writing for 2 it can be hard to keep track. :)

But welcome back!!

Alex still needs to reply to Chance.
    My brain is also fuddled cause baby brain xD
    But yay! Glad I at least have it correct that I replied to Alex!
    My brain is also fuddled cause baby brain xD
    But yay! Glad I at least have it correct that I replied to Alex!

thats what i said. :)
    @Shadami It’s nice to be back. I think all of my Wims owe letters. That’s how behind I am. LOL.
    Ooooooh that's what you meant FF. XD I thought you meant because I was writing replies for two characters xD
  • QueeniePieQueeniePie Posts: 52 Member
    I just came across this thread. The Pen Pal project sounds like some fun! I might have to join in one of these days.
    QueeniePie wrote: »
    I just came across this thread. The Pen Pal project sounds like some fun! I might have to join in one of these days.

It really is a lot of fun. You get to know other people‘s Sims in a very unique way.

Ooooooh that's what you meant FF. XD I thought you meant because I was writing replies for two characters xD

i didn't know you writing for 2 characters.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi, @sweetnightingale ! I'm sorry I haven't been very active either, and my responses are just sitting in my files, half-finished. :( I'm using a lot of writing energy for getting a of mine novel edited and stuff, but I'll try to get my mind into pen palling again too. It has been fun... though I still need to figure out what's going to happen in my story in such a far future, where the letters are set.

Anyway, it's good to hear from you. All the best!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    edited April 2019
    Hi, @RipuAncestor ! :grin: It's great to hear from you as well. No need to apologize. Believe me, I understand. RL has been completely insane. I'm just now getting back into writing, in general, and I have a lot to do. I've got a novel that needs a lot of work, but mostly, I've been trying to get my SimLit stuff totally off Blogger and onto Wordpress. I'm doing the self-hosted sites, so it's a bit more work to put together.

Yeah - you've got some thinking to do since Emily is a lot older in the project than she is in your story. I'm planning to take some time this week and really dive into your story. I've read a few posts but still need to start from the beginning.

You might want to resub to my blog. Since I went to self-hosted, it's like it's a brand new site and any followers I had have been overwritten, for lack of a better word. The link is in my signature under the banner. (Smiing With Sweet Nightingale). The other link is another site I set up where legacy stories will go.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    edited July 2019
    If this project is still open, I'd love to join with my sim Evelyn Redmond. She's a part of the Alien Adoption Challenge. Her story will be found here (I'm working on the first chapter right now. It should be out soon). When her little alien child Himala (means "miracle" in Filipino) grows into a teenager, I'm going to put her in this project as well, but that won't be for a while.
    Post edited by Pinmat135 on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    If this project is still open, I'd love to join with my sim Evelyn Redmond. She's a part of the Alien Adoption Challenge. Her story will be found here (I'm working on the first chapter right now. It should be out soon). When her little alien child Himala (means "miracle" in Filipino) grows into a teenager, I'm going to put her in this project as well, but that won't be for a while.

Sounds great, @Pinmat135 ! You might need to do some recruiting to find a pen pal, but if you ask here and at the lounge, you might be able to find one! Maybe I could figure out a way to have my ESO characters take part!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

Sounds great, @Pinmat135 ! You might need to do some recruiting to find a pen pal, but if you ask here and at the lounge, you might be able to find one! Maybe I could figure out a way to have my ESO characters take part!

I looked through the list of participating simmers and found Edith Walsh, who seems like a decent match for Evelyn. She has an open slot (at least according to the list). It would be nice if I could write to her, if she's still doing this. If that works, I won't start writing for a bit - the first chapter isn't even out yet - and there will be decent-sized in-game (and probably real life) chunks of time between the letters, since Evelyn will be a bit busy taking care of little Himala.
    Chance is always available as well. I think yes waiting for replies from his others right now. But life continues for him while he waits. :)
    @Shadami @Shadyboop here are Alex's replies to Len and Chance. Also, Henry has said a quick 'hello' to Chance.

Interlude: Pen Pals
    penpals_orig.png
    That really was a quick hello. Loved this while post it was super cute. T.t I need to get better at the screenshots like you are. But :D I'm not and I still have fun so that'll have to do.
    I have to see if I have any screenshots left from Chance's story. I haven't been playing Sims much this pregnancy and so I can barely remember where I left off.

But he'll get out a reply to both as soon as he gets a chance. :3
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    @CathyTea I'd love to participate and get assigned a pen pal! (I, however, don't have a story blog...)

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀