Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Mods Not Working

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    ZiggyHiggy wrote: »
    Okay so, I have been trying to download mods for as long as i have had the game but none of my script mods have worked, none of their items show up in games but other cc does and it says they are in my mod file. Half of my cc has not worked as well. I have tried turning on and off my mods, tried removing then making a new folder. Help please you guys!

Many Mods were broken with the last patch. If you use MCCC or UI Cheats both of those Mods have been updated. Delete the Mod and the localthumbcache file then download the new version and install it.

Here is a list of all the Mods that have been reported broken/updated and some CC that is incompatible with Island Living:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch/p1
  • Options
    ZiggyHiggyZiggyHiggy Posts: 82 Member
    I’ll try, thanks.
  • Options
    XxEmoDreamerxXXxEmoDreamerxX Posts: 25 Member
    I recently got the hoe it up mod and everything seems to work ok but I don have the poles. Maybe I misunderstood and those are from another mod but idk
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited July 2019
    I recently got the hoe it up mod and everything seems to work ok but I don have the poles. Maybe I misunderstood and those are from another mod but idk

We aren't allowed to discuss that mod as the TOS requires a teen rating for the game. You can contact Superficial on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sacrificialmods?lang=en and on Discord: https://twitter.com/sacrificialmods?lang=en
  • Options
    LolliLolli Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! Can someone plz help me. I downloaded 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and some of its mods, i put the mods in the mods folder from electronics arts ,the sims 4 ,mods, i opened the game it told me that i have blahblah mods then i pressed ok i opened a saved game tried to use 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it didn’t work. What shall i do?please someone help me! And i have the scripts mod enabled and the mods are there when i open the options menu , game options , other, i press view custom content and all of them are there . Help me plz
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hello @lolli
    You are using an adult mod that we are unable to post about on the forums as it raises the rating level of the game.
    It would be best to post on the website of that mod.
  • Options
    @rosemow i have another mod that has the same problem can you help me
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Lolli wrote: »
    @rosemow i have another mod that has the same problem can you help me

Make sure you have the most recent versions of all your mods.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thank you but i have the most recent versions of all of them i just downloaded the mod today
  • Options
    Hi @luthienrising thank you but i have the most recent versions of all the mods i just downloaded it today
  • Options
    Thank you but i have the most recent versions of all of them i just downloaded the mod today

You would be best to post about your issues on the site of the mod.
  • Options
    @rosemow i want to ask here if you dont want to answer don’t answer
  • Options
    @rosemow i want to ask here if you dont want to answer don’t answer

It is not that I don’t want to help you. I want you to have your issues fixed, so I suggested posting directly on the download site of the mod as I thought they may be able you more as they were the creator of the mod.
  • Options
    @rosemow well thank you .sorry
  • Options
    lgbtsimmerlgbtsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a peculiar issue in which every time I enable script mods, and then restart the game as to activate them, the setting to enable them shows as disabled and the mods cannot be used due to this. Is this a common glitch, or does anyone have any idea of how to fix such a thing?
  • Options
    RoyaltybornRoyaltyborn Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi so I downloaded some mods like Life’s Drama and MC Command center and it looks like it’s on here but for some reason when I click on a computer in the game I can’t find the icon for mc command center and when I click on my sim to enable life’s drama the icon for that isn’t anywhere to be seen. Can someone please help. I keep having this issue with mods.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Hi so I downloaded some mods like Life’s Drama and MC Command center and it looks like it’s on here but for some reason when I click on a computer in the game I can’t find the icon for mc command center and when I click on my sim to enable life’s drama the icon for that isn’t anywhere to be seen. Can someone please help. I keep having this issue with mods.

Hello @Royaltyborn
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the MCCC mod appears then .

With script mods, they can’t be more than one folder level down in your mods folder. You need to place the script mods either directly into the mods folder, or only in one level/folder in the mods folder.
    For example, with the MCCC mod you can have
    Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods-MCCC
    But you can’t have Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods- Script mods- MCCC
  • Options
    PandaVlogsYTPandaVlogsYT Posts: 2 New Member
    rosemow I was looking for help but you answered other simmers and I’m trying it out but all I have to say is thank you so much! You have saved me in several occasions for this game!
  • Options
    chocohabanerochocohabanero Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi there,
    I really need some help with the script mods...all of my script mods are not showing up on the mod list and in the game (they never showed up since I installed them). Moreover, every time when I start a game, script mods are switched off (even if I enabled them just a moment ealier) I was trying to re-install my game, repair it on origin, keep my game uptaded, check if mod version is actual, move the Mods folder on the deskop and put all CC and scripts into the new one, delete caches, make sure that game is not on OneDrive and change the language to english (some people said it helped).
    I've never seen that problem to anyone else and I'm out of ideas ;/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi there,
    I really need some help with the script mods...all of my script mods are not showing up on the mod list and in the game (they never showed up since I installed them). Moreover, every time when I start a game, script mods are switched off (even if I enabled them just a moment ealier) I was trying to re-install my game, repair it on origin, keep my game uptaded, check if mod version is actual, move the Mods folder on the deskop and put all CC and scripts into the new one, delete caches, make sure that game is not on OneDrive and change the language to english (some people said it helped).
    I've never seen that problem to anyone else and I'm out of ideas ;/

Where are your script mods installed? They should be no more than one folder nested in the Mods folder. Make sure that all parts of the script mod are in the same folder.

When you clear cache, it's only the file called localthumbcache. If you delete Options.ini, you have reset your script mod setting in your options.

Re. OneDrive, make sure that NO Sims files -- including those in Documents -- are being synced to any online service, not just OneDrive. Otherwise, that service might be replacing your Options.ini file instead of keeping the changes.

Finally, when you enable enable script mods etc. in your options, exit Sims 4 then start it again. Don't delete things in between.

I would also advise testing all this with just *one* Script mod and no other mods or CC. Once it's working, start adding other mods and CC.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Zyanya987Zyanya987 Posts: 2 New Member
    My script mods are enabled I even tried restarting it, I took the time to pick out each bit of costume content I have and searched the web for hours. I uninstalled everything and added it on again, it still won't work.
  • Options
    Zyanya987Zyanya987 Posts: 2 New Member
    The weird thing is it has worked before.
  • Options
    rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    my script mods aren't working! (including multiplayer mod) can anyone fix this? (btw idk how to go down a page deeper in the mods folder btw i'm on windows 10)
  • Options
    rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    > @rosepicker said:
    > my script mods aren't working! (including multiplayer mod) can anyone fix this? (btw idk how to go down a page deeper in the mods folder btw i'm on windows 10)

please help
  • Options
    Mariah_02Mariah_02 Posts: 2 New Member
    My Career mod isnt working either. I tried the “Singer Career” mod and the “Hoe it up mod” and nothing is working. Any zip mod I downloaded wont work.