Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gay couple with genetic baby?

I have a gay couple and I want them to have a baby that's related to them. I don't want to adopt or make the men pregnant themselves.. is there a way for my sims to have some sort of surrogacy and to not have the mother show up in the family tree, and for the two men to be seen as the parents?

Comments

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    You can use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to make a child for them in CAS, but they will be a toddler and not a baby. IMO that's not a big loss, but it depends on how you play.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    CAS?.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Can you not allow one man to get pregnant, there is a setting for that if you 'change sim' on the dresser
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've used the cas-cheat that citysimmer mentioned to give my gay & lesbian couples genetically-related children. I believe you can also use MCCC to allow same-gender pregnancies*, but I think it works on a class-basis, not an individual basis. If it interests you, you can check out the details here - look under Documentation.

eta: corrected word (pregnancies, not babies!). Realized while doing so that you said you didn't want the men to go through pregnancy ( :lol: --not telling you my pregnancy-stories, no I'm not!), so the CAS cheat's probably what you want anyway. :smile:

I've never tried it, but you might be able to use aging cheats to age the CAS-toddler down to a baby. MCCC has aging cheats built-in, but I've not tried aging down.
    Post edited by Tiarella on
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited July 2019
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Can you not allow one man to get pregnant, there is a setting for that if you 'change sim' on the dresser

OP says they don't want to do that
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    You could make one of them transgender, so if necessary one of them could get Pregnant. Or just make one of them an alien.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    I'll just make it in CAS, i guess i dont mind skipping the baby stage. thanks for the suggestions
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    There is no in-game surrogacy program. The CAS method seems the closest to what you want.

Personally, I use the custom gender options to use Try For Baby, and story-wise simply told myself that Avery, the mom-dad, had been a trans man all along.

But do what suits you best.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Play With Genetics in CAS. I do that for straight couples too. Sims 4 genetics are meh.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    If you’re just looking for screenshots, you could get someone pregnant and say they’re the surrogate, then age that baby to young adult, remove their family connections, and make the baby-now-adult a townie. You could even move the baby in with your couple until it turns to toddler, then replace with your actual toddler you made in CAS. If you don’t mind playing like that.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    There is no in-game surrogacy program. The CAS method seems the closest to what you want.

Personally, I use the custom gender options to use Try For Baby, and story-wise simply told myself that Avery, the mom-dad, had been a trans man all along.

But do what suits you best.

I wish there was a way to make custom labels for relationships. It would be cool if you could have a gay couple decide they want to have a baby, then choose to have the baby with a woman as some gay couples do. Then you could edit the relationships to have both men marked as Dad. The. maybe have the woman marked as surrogate or birth mom, or just mom, depending on the game play.

Plus it’d be nice to mark characters as cousins or father-in-law. It bothers me when you have extended family living together, but they’re just labeled as “roommates”.

This would be a really cool feature to add later, since they’ve been updating CAS as it is. Maybe a mod could do this?

At this time, I have all my gay and lesbian couples “adopt” their kid. Usually I make the kid in CAS so it’s not an in-game adoption, but works for me.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2019
    There should be an option in friendly saying "Help with a Baby". Basically you can ask any random woman, not pregnant and if she'll accept, to go with one of your homosexual characters to the hospital for an hour or two and then they return with a 100% of pregnancy but only one baby will be born.

It should work the same way for a Lesbian couple as well, but with a random man, if he accepts, again it is to the hospital for a few game hours with the one women getting pregnant who went with the man.

Well maybe not completely a random male/female, maybe a checkpoint in the friendship relationship status needs to pass, say "Liked" which is about 35% into that bar? In any event the random woman who gives birth or the guy who passes the gift of life, they have no relationship with the baby.

I'd also go about restricting some men and women and give them a trait "Same Gender Romance", meaning they will only date and marry people of the same gender to themselves. i'm sure there is a way to allow other parts of the LGTBQ movement to have a role in the game as well. I mean you wouldn't want to see a girl hitting on a guy who has no interest in her and so someone who knows less wouldn't understand that and attempt to get them to enjoy themselves. by putting down such a restriction, it adds an extra mechanic to some of the sim population on who they wish to be with, rather than forcing a pair that shouldn't be.

Also the restriction should be an option when children reach their teenage years on age up, if they wish to be exclusive to SGR or the usual way.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Make a mom in CAS and then have your couple try for baby. Once you have your babies. Delete the mom. Your genealogy will still show them being related to their Dads.
    Or do the above but don't delete her. Have an alien or vampire wipe her memory. It sets the relationship bar to 0 and she will not contact them.
    If you like to use MCC, there is an option to "forget sim" that does the same thing. Thats what I do.
    I like MCC for that reason. Male pregnancies weird me out to no end, so my gay couples happily adopt or have surrogates. I also have it set so if a female sim is abducted she will possibly get pregnant, not males.
    Hoverael wrote: »
    There should be an option in friendly saying "Help with a Baby". Basically you can ask any random woman, not pregnant and if she'll accept, to go with one of your homosexual characters to the hospital for an hour or two and then they return with a 100% of pregnancy but only one baby will be born.

I'd also go about restricting some men and women and give them a trait "Same Gender Romance", meaning they will only date and marry people of the same gender to themselves. i'm sure there is a way to allow other parts of the LGTBQ movement to have a role in the game as well. I mean you wouldn't want to see a girl hitting on a guy who has no interest in her and so someone who knows less wouldn't understand that and attempt to get them to enjoy themselves....

As someone who has actually lived these scenarios in various permutations, I can assure you that some women will hit on men they know to be gay. Some can be really persistent about it. And don't get me started on how some straight guys fetishize lesbianism.

Also, asking someone to participate in baby-making, even in a mere biological-donor role, is intensely personal. It should be an Awkward Conversation, at best, for anyone who is not already a Good Friend.

I am of two minds over a queer toggle in CAS. On the one hand, we the player choose our in-game interactions, and I very seldom see same-sex relationships emerge spontaneously from non-directed Sims. The subject is kind of fraught, wherever one is on the topic personally. I think Maxis has balanced options fairly well, as is.

Surrogacy is a tricky issue. I understand why Maxis might steer clear of it.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »

I'd also go about restricting some men and women and give them a trait "Same Gender Romance", meaning they will only date and marry people of the same gender to themselves. i'm sure there is a way to allow other parts of the LGTBQ movement to have a role in the game as well. I mean you wouldn't want to see a girl hitting on a guy who has no interest in her and so someone who knows less wouldn't understand that and attempt to get them to enjoy themselves....

As someone who has actually lived these scenarios in various permutations, I can assure you that some women will hit on men they know to be gay. Some can be really persistent about it. And don't get me started on how some straight guys fetishize lesbianism.

Also, asking someone to participate in baby-making, even in a mere biological-donor role, is intensely personal. It should be an Awkward Conversation, at best, for anyone who is not already a Good Friend.

I am of two minds over a queer toggle in CAS. On the one hand, we the player choose our in-game interactions, and I very seldom see same-sex relationships emerge spontaneously from non-directed Sims. The subject is kind of fraught, wherever one is on the topic personally. I think Maxis has balanced options fairly well, as is.

Surrogacy is a tricky issue. I understand why Maxis might steer clear of it.

I don't have any problem with people getting into their own thing or who they fall in love with, everyone is entitled to find happiness. I'm just looking at it from a more practical point of view to avoid the issue that men themselves don't have the equipment to get pregnant and this game seems to encourage something nonsensical. As for the issue of a baby making machine? i can't really see it as a big issue to some women, that is why i mentioned if they accept to it. I'm not getting into the issue of feminism, but rather that if we are playing from a point of view a homosexual couple want children, the first stop is finding a suitable woman who could be a surrogate, that is one that is willing to get pregnant and then deliver the child and walk away.

I do agree that the conversation is going to be a delicate one, so a friendliness target will have to be reached first.

but then you also got programmes in the real world like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 banks and egg banks for women and men who wish to contribute without actually meeting and it allows those who are having trouble be able to have kids. It can be a very important thing for both men and women who dwell on their future to have a plan in the works for when the time comes.

All i'm offering right now are possibile alternatives.
    Trans men who have not undergone a surgical alteration of their reproductive parts can and do become pregnant. This is a bit tricky, and probably involves suspending or altering hormone therapy - I am not up on all the medical details - but it does in fact happen. The gender fluidity present in CAS was in part made possible to reflect that fact.

Clinics that handle matters as you say are a thing, too. I wish in-game Hospitals were available to provide the service, at whatever cost.
  • purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I had a lesbian couple in one of my saves and wanted them to have a genetic baby. To make it fair I had one sim have one baby each (though one had twins lol). I found a donor sim, in my case Don Lothario was a willing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 donor and he impregnated them. As the children never met him he never showed up in their relationships as their father. I cant remember if he did in the family tree though. But if you make your own family tree then it's not so much of a problem.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    I very seldom see same-sex relationships emerge spontaneously from non-directed Sims
    @Sindocat - This reminds me! I was playing the 2nd or 3rd HH I'd made myself in The Sims, soon after Living Large came out. The HH consisted of two female roommates, Kianga and Pilar. I left them alone in their LR for a few minutes while I was doing something else, and when I came back they were flirting and romancing each other! I hadn't planned on that, but of course I rolled with it. I don't remember now whether we could officially marry same-gender sims, but I certainly considered them married. They didn't cheat on each other, either, as another of my should-have-been-monogamous-sims did in that game. I was happy when--in TS2 or 3--they gave us the ability to make a sim monogamous if we wanted to. My sims come in all varieties, & I'd like them to act in character even when I've rotated to another HH & am not controlling them atm.

eta: agreed, in TS4 I haven't seen this happen spontaneously--but I sure saw it in TS1!