Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post your CAS story generated sims!

2...Next

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    My game generated the ultimate Hostess/Party Sim. :smiley:

I like her haha :blush:

v6n0c7.png

giphy.gif
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I played with the feature quite a bit yesterday and this was the Sim I thought I would most enjoy playing. Her name is Kelly Reeves. She has the "Friend of the World" aspiration and her traits are Music Lover, Foodie and Romantic. Her skills are developed in Charisma and Violin and she is in the Entertainer career. I imagine that she grew up in wealthy surroundings. Her parents had her take Violin lessons. Now that she is grown up she is more interested in temporary music, so will learn to play the guitar next. Since she grew up sheltered, she is a bit of a flirt. Ultimately she will settle down though with the right gal or guy. She moved to San Myshuno and I will have her max the career and then switch to the actor career and become a Global Superstar.

cBreT0L.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    On my first try, I got Friend of the World Aspiration/Gregarious with the **Loner** trait. That should make it nice and difficult - LOL.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    wamayeli wrote: »
    On my first try, I got Friend of the World Aspiration/Gregarious with the **Loner** trait. That should make it nice and difficult - LOL.

Haha... yeah that's funny. I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen an unflirty serial romantic or if the game even allows that combination.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @Netzspannung she’s beautiful...is she on the gallery by any chance? I really love your sims.
    @SelinaKyles Thank you, that is very kind. She is not on the gallery. I still have to make her outfits, she currently only has one in each category. Sorry. I can upload her tomorrow, if you are still interested then.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Can you add a new sim to an existing household and create a story on them?

If you get the highest level of wealth, are you able to move the sim directly into a better home than a starter?
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Can you add a new sim to an existing household and create a story on them?
    If you get the highest level of wealth, are you able to move the sim directly into a better home than a starter?

Yes you can create a story sim in an existing household, but you can't use genetics for them (still can assign family relation further on).

Quiz outcome money totally overrides existing family funds.

Have tried with two families, one had around 11000S, the other one over 400 000S.
    After adding the new sim with "Rich" quiz result it was:
    11 000S --> 32 000S
    400 000S --> 36 000S (the second family has more members)
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I love this thread, and I love this new feature.

I forgot to screenshot mine - I didn't end up playing them anyway, but I did film myself using the feature for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CEKopE4u3I&t=1s

After I made myself I went back in with a well-known character in mind to see how accurately the game could recreate it from my answers, and it worked better than I expected!
    @Netzspannung , your welcome, that would be awesome! Thank you!

@SelinaKyles I got around to uploading Kelly today after all. My gallery name is the same as my forum name. But I wanted to mention that I use Luumia's Smootish skin replacement, which she is wearing in the first pic I posted. Under the spoiler you will find some CC free pictures of her so you can decide if you still want to download her the way she will look in your game.
    ixm3A61.jpg

we all try ...
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2019
    o8irtDj.png

Name: Helen Brett
    Aspiration: Friend to the World
    Traits: Genius, Romantic, Good
    Adjustments: Only to the hips, they needed to be sized down considerably
    Goal: Astronaut.

lbdAf3N.png

Name: Brandy Everson
    Aspiration: Fabulousy Wealthy
    Traits: Genius, Cheerful, Goofball
    Adjustments: Changed her clothes to something more fitting of her personality, no other changes
    Goal: Business.

OPyCY5C.png

Name: Shae Baxley
    Aspiration: Successful Lineage
    Traits: Romantic, Family Oreintated, Neat
    Adjustments: The entire sim
    Goal: Family.

(I hope those images can be seen, i've always had trouble with imgur)
    @Netzspannung thank you! I will check her out!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2019
    Here's mine...

Marlene Maxwell
    Young Adult Female
    Aspiration: Freelance Botanist
    Traits: Snob, Active, Loves Outdoors
    Career: Convervationist - Level 3 Land Surveyor
    Starting Skills: Gardening - 3, Logic - 2, Charisma - 3
    Starting Funds: High 30000 simoleons

CGTATli.png

I decided to try Story Mode in hopes it would get me out of a rut always choosing the same few aspirations and traits. I almost always play my Sims Rags to Riches style. I'm usually a micromanager and turn off full autonomy. My first experiment with Story Mode I answered the questions without skipping any and chose an elder. I thought her results were a bit off since her aspiration was Big Happy Family. lol

This time I skipped over questions I thought would give obvious results for an occult, evil, mean Sims or the Criminal Career. I'd like to broaden my horizons, but I'm not ready yet to play a Sim with those things. I forgot to get a screenshot of her results too. Opps!

Anyway, Marlene emerged with dark hair and eyes, lighter skin, was a bit pudgy and had horrible clothes/jewelry (including the eyeball ring *D'oh*). She didn't look anything like I imagined she should with these survey results. I haven't played a blond, blue-eyed Sim in awhile, so I gave her those, a more svelte body style and darker skin. I figured an active Sim would be more fit and more stylish as a snob. I've never played a snob before, so this should be interesting.

My Sims have favorite colors for clothing and house design. Marlene's is red, black and white/creme. I placed her on the Key Point island lot in Mua Pel'am and built/furnished her house. Lastly, she needed a backstory using what the game gave me.

Here's what I quickly created for her. It's long, hence the spoiler for those who'd rather skip it:

Marlene was born into a wealthy, prominent family. Her Father was in politics and played the stock market where he earned most of the family's wealth. Her Mother was a former beauty Queen who was very active in environmental conservation efforts. Mom had a large garden, always recycled and attended multiple rallies and protests concerning climate change. She organized and hosted a well-known annual benefit ball to raise environmental awareness attended by celebrities, politicians and high society.

Marlene was groomed to be active and involved in her parents beliefs and interests. She often worked in the garden and stood alongside her Mom during protests, helped with Dad's campaigns and was encouraged to attend other political & conservation functions/rallies with both parents. Quite often only Marlene joined Dad when Mom said she was too busy with her garden or too tired to attend.

Marlene's Mother died of a massive stroke a few years ago. She was found by their housekeeper in her beloved garden amongst the Bird of Paradise she loved the most. Afterward, Marlene became even more active in her Father's political pursuits, but made sure Mom's treasured garden was never neglected.

She loves gardening and conservation more than politics, but never neglected to be there when Dad needed her. She was an only child and all he had left in the world. When Dad fired yet another of many campaign managers employed over the years, Marlene was given the position. He couldn't keep any employed longer than a few months for some reason.

A year ago, she was devastated and saddened to find out the reason why. Dad had been using insider trading tips on the stock market in exchange for favors and cooking the campaign account books for years. When former managers discovered this, he'd given them an obscene amount of hush money. It never failed to keep them quiet. Unfortunately for him, the most recently fired actually had morals.

Dad was investigated, found guilty and sent to prison. The family estate was seized and Marlene found herself homeless. Thankfully she wasn't penniless though. Although Marlene's bank account was seized as well, a judgement allowed her to keep a small inheritance from her Grandmother as it was deemed not a part of Dad's dirty dealings.

Marlene stayed with her best friend for a couple months until she could find a place of her own. She soon found a listing for a tiny, private island in the Mua Pel'am district of Sulani, a chain of tropical islands in the middle of the ocean, and perhaps unwisely, immediately purchased it. The ad said the island's sandy soil was rich with minerals from a nearby volcano thereby making it perfect for gardening.

What the ad conveniently neglected to say was decades worth of tourists, poachers and anti-environmentalists had taken it's toll on the area. Upon arrival Marlene was disappointed the envisioned tropical paradise wasn't real and the 'nearby' volcano was literally just across the lagoon from her lot.

She had nowhere else to go though having already paid contractors to build a modern but tropical themed house and paid for shipping & placement of chosen furnishings before her arrival. Marlene had a few simoleons left from the inheritance, but not enough to buy passage on a boat and flight tickets to go... where? Back 'home' to again mooch off her friend? No.

She could sell the property, but in the short time since coming there, Marlene had already fell in love with Sulani's culture and it's people. Most of all, she wanted to honor Mom's memory and do whatever she could to help restore Mua Pel'am's former glory. Marlene didn't know how long before the bills would arrive or the stocked refrigerator/pantry would last. She had plans to find a job or find other ways to get simoleons until a garden produced enough to harvest and sell.

Thankfully a conservation group was working to restore the area and had a job opening. It didn't pay much, but she was offered more than an entry level employee during the interview since they were impressed with Marlene's knowledge of conserving the environment. She didn't tell them about the work she'd done with her Mom or about the degree she held either. Marlene had also changed her last name and appearance in hopes to cover up any connection to Dad and the past.

Marlene is ready to start a new life in Sulani beginning with the first day of a new career tomorrow!

So, that's what I came up with for this Sim. I'm excited to properly start playing with her and see how it all pans out. Especially since I've given her full autonomy. o.O That might be a mistake, but we'll see! lol

Happy Simming! <3
  • arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Morkovka said:
    > These are not the first story-generated Sims technically.
    > Gosh, I did over a dozen tries before I got something I might consider playable! :)
    > Anyway, meet Mario and Dorothy:
    >
    >
    > I wanted them to be Elders because I currently don't have any played Elders in my rotation.
    > The quiz gave the guy Selvadoradan culture skill lvl 3, so I made him look like he has Selvadoradan origin.
    > He has 3 points in Logic and is in Acting career (which I will surely change because it requires way too much involvement).
    > Dorothy is his wife, she has Culinary, Mixing and Charisma skills and is in Culinary career.
    > They both have Flirty trait so I imagine they had some wild love story leading to their marriage :)
    >
    > I also gave them a teen nephew which is that cute guy from new cover art.
    > I don't know his "official" name yet, so i named him Isaac.

I love them!!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited July 2019
    Here's my second story-generated Sim (I don't have a screenshot of the first one)
    yCxvhBg.png
    After having rolled a young adult sim, I made this elder. I didn't change his outfit.
    Career: Actor
    skills: fishing
    and something else
    standard income
    I randomized his name.
    4kkjdXo.png

• CheiriPixieCheiriPixie Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2019
    Meet Priya Kumar.
    I randomized her looks too and tweaked here and there to add my own touch to it. She has some interesting things going on for her,

Hb9V8U0.png

1XeJgkJ.png

vwjCcdW.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I answered the questions as close as possible to what I would really do in the game in the same situation. Kept her genetics the way she spawned, only dressed and styled her:

tumblr_pux4gj8wKV1t1fm14o1_540.jpg

The game was spot-on with my career: I enjoy playing criminal sims a lot. But except for a single exception I never play evil sims (either delete sims with that trait or change it) It's like, you can ACT evil, but you must not BE evil. Not sure how I feel about Nadine having that trait. She might have gotten those notions from an ancestor (a vampire, maybe?) who has sealed a pact with dark powers. Therefore on Nadine's part it's not a conscious decisison, but a constant whisper in the back of her mind that she can choose to fight. something like that.
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member

pGOJEhW.png
    Adam Callaway
    Traits: Family-Oriented, Music Lover, Active
    Aspiration: Big Happy Family
    Career: Astronaut
    Skills: Logic, Photography, Rocket Science

rkSszJm.png
    Jordan Novak
    Adam's childhood friend
    Traits: Active, Dance Machine, Mean
    Aspiration: Musical Genius
    Career: Social Media
    Skills: Charisma, Dancing, Mischief

WuNmCRd.png
    Abigail Holmes
    Traits: Ambitious, Mean, Family-Oriented
    Aspiration: Angling Ace
    Career: Astronaut
    Skills: Fishing, Logic, Rocket Science

rrqI9Q8.png
    Ethan Holmes
    Abigail's brother
    Traits: Active, Cheerful, Self-Assured
    Aspiration: Nerd Brain
    Career: Actor
    Skills: Acting, Fitness

QKAt6Mf.png
    Anastasia Gordon
    Life State: Vampire
    Traits: Romantic, Foodie, Creative
    Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire
    Career: Painter
    Skills: Gardening, Mischief, Painting

EtU4OId.png
    Hunter Nguyen
    Traits: Evil, Famly-Oriented, Foodie
    Aspiration: Big Happy Family
    Career: Culinary
    Skills: Cooking, Gardening, Flower Arranging

PO8DIpS.png
    Antonio Romero
    Traits: Bro, Genius, Paranoid
    Aspiration: Bestselling Author
    Career: Secret Agent
    Skills: Charisma, Logic

tVx6L5E.png
    Evangelina Cross
    Life State: Alien
    Traits: Loves Outdoors, Good, Romantic
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Career: Conservationist
    Skills: Logic, Charisma, Fitness
    pw0213q.png?1
  • WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2019
    So last night I got around to trying out the CAS story feature and after answering the questions I generated this guy who I named - through the name randomizer - Finn:
    pLcH6cEm.png?2
    He generated with the 'party animal aspiration. He has the 'hates children', 'outgoing', and 'slob' traits, his starting funds were standard and he is a fisherman. Finn also has Charisma and Fishing (bonus from his career) skills. From this I pictured him as a party-going fisherman and then styled him up into this:
    ey4V2Czm.png?2

I've put him up in the gallery, btw. He is in the Hearn household :smile:

Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • daniellegarciadaniellegarcia Posts: 6 New Member
    These are awesome! I can't seem to find the story mode at all after updating my game. I am not sure if it's because I have custom content or have aging off maybe, but I hope to get to try this! On the plus side, when I went into CAS to find it, I ended up creating a Sim that I really love and sort of randomized haha. I needed something different and she was perfect.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    u03bf0z.png
    Harley King.
    Big happy family. Cheerful, self-assured and family-orientated.
    Oddly though he was given the criminal career with logic and mischief skills.
    I used a random number generator to choose the responses to the questions so that I didn't influence the outcome.
    I really like him. :)