Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Part-Time Jobs and Shifts.

_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
My Cassandra Goth has the part-time job of Barissta. I've always hated the job for being the early bird shift and was excited for the patch as it said to bring in shifts, but when I tried editing Cassandra's shift there is no time change option.

Am I missing something?
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Not all part-time jobs have shifts, and I think that you can only choose a shift if you joined the career after shifts were introduced.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I had Cassandra quit and rejoin after the patch. I wish they would have explained that not all part-time jobs have shifts. I can't see any that have shifts.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    I had Cassandra quit and rejoin after the patch. I wish they would have explained that not all part-time jobs have shifts. I can't see any that have shifts.

They do. :) I've had my Sims look for jobs and been able to choose.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Anyone know how to have more than one part time job at a time? I haven't been able to figure that out yet?
  • RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    Anyone know how to have more than one part time job at a time? I haven't been able to figure that out yet?

Once y ou pick one and and have picked the time for it you just go back to the phone and pick find a job and you should be able to find another part time job in the time bracket you arent using for the first one!
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Hmm. I thought I did that, but it didn't give the option... I was probably pretty tired and spacey; so I'll try again next time I play. Thanks @RevolverOcelots
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Also, I think the shifts only work for adults, not teens :)
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    It would be cool if they added martial arts instructor or classes as a part time or full time job as well as aspirations. Do you think we will see this added in TS4?
    edited September 2019
    @bruceleroy98 I'd like to see it implimented. I'd like to see more after school activities. I don't want every child sim in my game to be a scout and very few meld with the acting club. I'd like to see Science and Chess clubs for those who enjoy mental stimulation over physical. More variety of physical clubs i.e. Swimming, Karate, Dance and Ballet, Football and Basketball. I'd like Cadets. I'd like Art and Music clubs. I'd like a Book club. I'd like Young Adults and Adults to be able to teach/run these part-time activities and classes. I'd like if there were award ceremonies for these clubs and classes that families can attend if a child is taking part in a competition, presenting their work or about to 'graduate'. I'd like aspirations to Graduate from said activities and clubs for children and to run said activies and clubs successfully for Young Adults and Adults. I'd like a lot of things :D
    Post edited by _natalie on
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Oh, oh! Space Camp. I also would like Space Camp.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    > @_natalie said:
    > @bruceleroy98 I'd like to see it implimented. I'd like to see more after school activities. I don't want every child sim in my game to be a scout and very few meld with the acting club. I'd like to see Science and Chess clubs for those who enjoy mental stimulation over physical. More variety of physical clubs i.e. Swimming, Karate, Dance and Ballet, Football and Basketball. I'd like Cadets. I'd like Art and Music clubs. I'd like a Book club. I'd like Young Adults and Adults to be able to teach/run these part-time activities and classes. I'd like if there were award ceremonies for these clubs and classes that families can attend if a child is taking part in a competition, presenting their work or about to 'graduate'. I'd like aspirations to Graduate from said activities and clubs for children and to run said activies and clubs successfully for Young Adults and Adults. I'd like a lot of things :D

@_natalie I think these would be TREMENDOUS adds. These add ons I'd GLADLY pay for. I would also like to see a boxing club for kids to adults and possibly transition into a boxing career where you can attend and watch simulated bouts with sims. So many possibilities. I hope the devs are reading.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    They're not.
    edited September 2019
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    They're not.

They're not what? Oh, I got it.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    What about part time bin-man or Maths/English Tutor. The Tutor could even be part of the freelance class.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here