Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    *facepalms* why are people so anti-disability in the sims?

If you mean the Gurus, they probably can't do it right and are afraid of offending people who are disabled.

@divanthesimmer no the Grus are or at least last year were pro-disabilities in the sims they want to hear from the "differently-abled". It's the some simmers who are anti-(real) disabilities in the game. But those same simmers are ok with either 1)fake disabilities or 2)temporary disabilities ie broken leg, or arm. Just not to offend anyone any respone to this might want to PM me instead
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Sourocha wrote: »
    Also, since I'm here, I gotta ask, what did you guys think of the new aestethic for the sims 4?

I think I like the old one better but shs I'll most likely get use to it after a while :D

I don't really like it, but I'll probably get used to it. The colours don't go well together and the new Sims in the main menu are all young adults and have the same body type - the previous ones had more variation in age, body type and personality. Just my two cents.

since i have no life i got used to it quicker than i thought i would. i didn't like it at first either. :)
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Also, since I'm here, I gotta ask, what did you guys think of the new aestethic for the sims 4?

I think I like the old one better but shs I'll most likely get use to it after a while :D

The new menu/load screen colors are easier on my eyes than the old white (I get frequent migraines and am light/color-sensitive) and they look decent enough.

Some disabled people play this game to escape real life and don't want real-life issues such as disabilities or long-term illnesses in the game. I play to help manage my depression/anxiety and other issues... I do not want them in my game, nor do I feel a need to be "included" in the game.

one of noel and laurens kids suffers from depression. its not something that came from a trait it was game generated somehow. but according to admandeve i write it with sensitiviy.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2019

If you mean the Gurus, they probably can't do it right and are afraid of offending people who are disabled.

@divanthesimmer no the Grus are or at least last year were pro-disabilities in the sims they want to hear from the "differently-abled". It's the some simmers who are anti-(real) disabilities in the game. But those same simmers are ok with either 1)fake disabilities or 2)temporary disabilities ie broken leg, or arm. Just not to offend anyone any respone to this might want to PM me instead

I don't want disabilities in my game, because I want The Sims to be a "perfect world", where no one gets hurt unless I torture them. 😈

Besides, Sims already take forever to get from one place to another. Adding wheelchairs will just annoy me more. Unless they add fast wheelchairs or make it possible to add an upgrade to make it faster, lol. I'll leave now.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

I don't really like it, but I'll probably get used to it. The colours don't go well together and the new Sims in the main menu are all young adults and have the same body type - the previous ones had more variation in age, body type and personality. Just my two cents.

since i have no life i got used to it quicker than i thought i would. i didn't like it at first either. :)

I also don't have one, so I'll probably be over it in a day or two. 😆
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer

I don't want disabilities in my game, because I want The Sims to be a "perfect world", where no one gets hurt unless I torture them. 😈

Besides, Sims already take forever to get from one place to another. Adding wheelchairs will just annoy me more.

btb i used to write a lot more happy posts. they took the game and my writing in a new direction.. btb is before the benders.
    i forgot i haven't actually introdced beverly and alvin yet, life got busy then i found channing and forgot about them. .opps.
    edited July 2019
    @NyteRose yes some people do play to escape life (I get to have a boyfriend or a husband in the game which I can't in real life I'm limited to where I go without a "body guard") but what about the other half of us who want sims to represent real life (ie for one thing I hate is when I'm playing with my simself if she's goes to work she no longer wear glasses yet except for the PJs all my simself's other outfits she wear glasses)? For those of us its not fair we can have sims of different colours (including purple) and optional gay/trans sims. I can respect our different view points of different uptoias. Since my version of a utopia is one which includes differently-abled people well yours don't.

so we can agree to disagree
    (No more discussion)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Once I get to doing a history challenge how could I deal with the "classes" (ie royalty, nobility, or peasants/slaves) since the challegne itself doesn't have any guidelines for it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Once I get to doing a history challenge how could I deal with the "classes" (ie royalty, nobility, or peasants/slaves) since the challegne itself doesn't have any guidelines for it

Ooo... cool idea.

I'd suggest limiting activities and locale for classes. For example, a member of the noble class can't go anywhere without staff or a bodyguard (I do this to an extent in Darkness May Dream). And peasants can't visit certain lots (i.e. cultural heritage - art galleries + museums). Nobility can only visit high class establishments and cannot visit local bars, watering holes, and taverns, but peasants can. A noble person couldn't do household chores and must hire staff to do so. Nobles can only marry other nobles, but peasants are free to marry for love. These are just a few suggestions.

You could always switch it up and reverse certain rules to make things interesting. Like nobles can marry for love but peasants have their marriage partner selected by their noble patron.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Ann88czAnn88cz Posts: 218 Member
    Ann88cz wrote: »
    Hi guys. I finally made a member so I'd like to share my sims 3 legacy with you. I'm not a writer like many of you here, just wanted to tell my sim's story.

I'd be happy if you visit my blog and let me know what you think in the comments :blush:

You can find the link in my signature.

Hey another Sims 3'er Sims 3 story teller (boy! that sounded awkward)! :grimace: Welcome @Ann88cz! :) I checked out your blog and added it to my read list. I write TS3 stories too. My primary one is my Kass series. Hope you feel welcome here.

Thank you for visiting my blog :smile: I checked out your story and I'll definitely read more when I have more time :smile:
    alvins adorable. beverlys live in boyfriend. beverly went to the ciecus with rylan so alvin slept in abother bed til beverly came back and the pic of them sleeping is so cute aparently he has trouble sleeping without her.
    i promise this will all make sense later tonight . i'm hungry and need coffeee but it was so cute i had to share. oh i got pics of rveryone but not that part

Ooo... cool idea.

I'd suggest limiting activities and locale for classes. For example, a member of the noble class can't go anywhere without staff or a bodyguard (I do this to an extent in Darkness May Dream). And peasants can't visit certain lots (i.e. cultural heritage - art galleries + museums). Nobility can only visit high class establishments and cannot visit local bars, watering holes, and taverns, but peasants can. A noble person couldn't do household chores and must hire staff to do so. Nobles can only marry other nobles, but peasants are free to marry for love. These are just a few suggestions.

You could always switch it up and reverse certain rules to make things interesting. Like nobles can marry for love but peasants have their marriage partner selected by their noble patron.

I'm going to take another look at the challenge again and I know that libaries get added in "Early Civilization" and Museums get added in "Renaissance".
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Happy (belated?) Birthday squirrel!

Ff- I'm sorry about dropping off out of reading your story xD I've dropped out of everyone's. including my own. I will catch up to everyone again one day *determined face*
    Probably in the long hours I won't be sleeping when the baby is born. Lol

On the subject of family members who play sims. I actually got my husband to play because the more he watched me the more he wanted to play as well. And we are planning to one day get the girls their own copy as well. Though during the free days we couldn't get it to work sadly :(

Besides that my mom sort of plays... Ish. I grew up with her playing SimCity 3000. She misses it and plays app games that are nostalgic of it for her now. (She's also starting to get Alzheimer's. :( )
    She also bought the Sims theme park when I was little and it was one our entire family played. But the actual "the Sims " games hasn't been wide spread with my family.
    My bro and I dabbled in the GameCube one years ago. Then I picked up Sims 2 in ... 2017? And been playing 2-3-4 since xD

AHHHHHHHHH!

I FORGOT ABOUT THE CONSOLE SIMS GAME!!!
    I actually really liked the way they sorta had a story mode. lmao
    Gen1Banner.png
    i agree reborn. Except my family. XD they're so darn critical and they want people to improve and be their best selves, so especially when it comes to art, my dad will point out the flaws and where I need to improve.

Still did the it looks amazing thing because what proud dad wouldn't. But we both knew that there was terrible things about it xD and he'd help me try to learn how to fix it.

But I agree, somehow strangers are easier to take criticism from, and seem to be more helpful in identifying flaws and how to improve.

That sounds really nice. :heart:

You're lucky to have a father like that. My own parents were either uninterested, dismissive, or combative about my writing...
    My parents are pretty old fashioned, and don't really give out praise except when they're trying to make a point.
    (IE : "You're so smart, why do you always do/say such stupid stuff!")

In my opinion the reasons it's easier to take criticism from a stranger is :
    1) Their qualifications are unqualified. So, if they say something mean it's easier to tell yourself "why should I care what some idiot thinks anyway".
    2) I think 98% of people expect, if only subconsciously, that their family has their best interests at heart - so any criticism intrinsically has that extra weight of intent or authority attached.
    Gen1Banner.png
    edited July 2019
    AkramA wrote: »
    @RebornMonster I really wish someone gave me criticism, people are too nice to me here, hehehe. Or maybe it's just the one the (critical?) one, the one that critique don't read mine hehehe.

As someone who tends to be preachy by nature -
    It can be difficult to know who both WANTS constructive advice, and also who will be welcoming to it. Keep advertising that you're open to it, and people will open up with praise and critique. :wink:
    Gen1Banner.png
    i agree reborn. Except my family. XD they're so darn critical and they want people to improve and be their best selves, so especially when it comes to art, my dad will point out the flaws and where I need to improve.

Still did the it looks amazing thing because what proud dad wouldn't. But we both knew that there was terrible things about it xD and he'd help me try to learn how to fix it.

But I agree, somehow strangers are easier to take criticism from, and seem to be more helpful in identifying flaws and how to improve.

@Shadami I'm definitely not giving my art to my family, I know I would get discourage from them, hehehe.

*huggs*
    Same, friend. Same. :heart:
    Gen1Banner.png
    edited July 2019

Besides, Sims already take forever to get from one place to another. Adding wheelchairs will just annoy me more. Unless they add fast wheelchairs or make it possible to add an upgrade to make it faster, lol. I'll leave now.

I've never understood why it couldn't be an optional setting. PLEANTY of people don't like playing with the alternate supernatural life-forms, and you can absolutely play with out it. Some people don't like pets, and you can play without them...

I don't know that it'd be worth it to create a whole expansion around it - since it IS a very delicate topic that would probably challenge the game's "E" rating. But, having a stuff pack with crutches or wheelchairs or other differently able-ed props/settings would be awesome. As much as this is an escape for my own real life problems, the game has also been a tool to cope with things in my life too... It's been really therapeutic when I'm frustrated with my house, to build it in the sims and have the ability to remodel it however I want. stuff like that. :sweat_smile:

Plus, I kinda look at it this way: What kind of kick in the teeth would it be if you couldn't make sims of other races in the sims? It is quite literally the same sort of thoughtlessly cruel thing to do to people that are differently able-ed - especially in a game like the Sims with SO MUCH CONTENT where you can just opt not to buy a pack with features you're not interested in personally... Although I know that nobody literally means they think the real world would be better without differently able-ed people - by suggesting that our game is better without them definitely sends that message... :cold_sweat:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Question.

When beginning a new story, do you write up a few chapters before you start releasing them? What sort of posting schedule do you do in the beginning? Once a week? Or a few to grab the readers attention and then after a while once a week kind of thing?
    interlude Chapter!
    g2hQPXg.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Question.

When beginning a new story, do you write up a few chapters before you start releasing them? What sort of posting schedule do you do in the beginning? Once a week? Or a few to grab the readers attention and then after a while once a week kind of thing?

I suggest write up and schedule a few chapters to start off with. That way you got a buffer and your readers won't have to wait too long.

As for a posting schedule, don't worry about one; just write and release when possible. Less pressure to meet a deadline that way.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Question.

I have zero posting schedule. I basically write as my creativity strikes. I don't really edit. I just let the thoughts flow and share it.
    XD
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Question.

@Luclylu I need 3 chapter to post right a way, since I usually forget if I only do one.

Although, I don't think that worked too. Now, I did mine once a week, I used to do it daily but after two week I'm exhausted.

So yeah, 3 first and then once a week.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    @RebornMonster I really wish someone gave me criticism, people are too nice to me here, hehehe. Or maybe it's just the one the (critical?) one, the one that critique don't read mine hehehe.

As someone who tends to be preachy by nature -
    It can be difficult to know who both WANTS constructive advice, and also who will be welcoming to it. Keep advertising that you're open to it, and people will open up with praise and critique. :wink:

@RebornMonster
    Yeah, I just wish people just default to constructive criticism, I wrote on wattpad and it's really amazing how many people correcting my grammar and stuff, and it's pretty convinient so I could easily change it easily. I guess their comment system made it so.

I'm actually even welcome a harsh critique. as long as it's not personal. I wish I didn't felt like this but I'm kind of tired of compliment because I can only get better with critique.
    edited July 2019

I've never understood why it couldn't be an optional setting. PLEANTY of people don't like playing with the alternate supernatural life-forms, and you can absolutely play with out it. Some people don't like pets, and you can play without them...

I don't know that it'd be worth it to create a whole expansion around it - since it IS a very delicate topic that would probably challenge the game's "E" rating. But, having a stuff pack with crutches or wheelchairs or other differently able-ed props/settings would be awesome. As much as this is an escape for my own real life problems, the game has also been a tool to cope with things in my life too... It's been really therapeutic when I'm frustrated with my house, to build it in the sims and have the ability to remodel it however I want. stuff like that. :sweat_smile:

Plus, I kinda look at it this way: What kind of kick in the teeth would it be if you couldn't make sims of other races in the sims? It is quite literally the same sort of thoughtlessly cruel thing to do to people that are differently able-ed - especially in a game like the Sims with SO MUCH CONTENT where you can just opt not to buy a pack with features you're not interested in personally... Although I know that nobody literally means they think the real world would be better without differently able-ed people - by suggesting that our game is better without them definitely sends that message... :cold_sweat:

@RebornMonster I think making stuff optional require more logistic. Also I think supply and demand also apply. If more people actually want the feature I think it would be worth it to include them in. Especially something that actually need more attention and resource so they do it justice, not just using the same sitting animation for wheelchair, or other things that might made the inclusion seems not worth the resource.

They already did the gender things and made it optional for those who don't use. At the end of the day they're still business and if they made stuff pack that not many buy, its going to be bad for them. But if the demands are there and it's on the top of their priority list of things that people demands, I think it could be a reality someday.

Hmm, the longer I talk I felt like I don't know what i'm talking hehehe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top