Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elders!

We need a stuff pack for them bad !!!

I feel like their forgotten about, and honestly they get boring to play!

It could include things like their own aspirations and skills, more clothes, rocking chair, cane, etc !!

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Definitely.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    Something like a "Retirement pack" of fun things for them to do
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    [quote="CIASimtridge;c-17150529"]Something like a "Retirement pack" of fun things for them to do [/quote]

Oooh that would be awesome, especially if it came with actual, functional retirement homes we could play with!! Just imagine all the drama, the romance, the bingo games!!

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes! With hula zombies when they die of old age!

Because in The Sims 2 when an Elder where granted a gilded gravestone there was a sence of fulfillement that is absent on the Sims 4. After all, what is the use of completing collections and aspirations is the Sims is just going to be deleted by the game in the end, with nothing special left behind?

It could come with a Hall of Fame for Sims (nothing too heavy or complicated) just a record with the Sims portrait and his/her/their achievements. And maybe a little text entry done by the player with perhaps a little Bio that will allows us to treasure our Sims without shortening the lives of the save files.
    Post edited by Alexciel on
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    You'd better move this thread to the The Sims 4 Ideas Corner. ;)
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yes!
    And once again: I want cane duels and fights! :D
    Life doesn't stop after adulthood, Elders shouldn't be discarded and forgotten, give them some fun and some safe way to stay in shape - that I need badly too.
    Give them nordic walking!
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited July 2019
    In previous games elders could:
    • Write a historical book
    • Reminisce about younger life
    • Boast about grandchildren
    • Walk with a walking cane
    • Throw a golden anniversary party

Trying to think of other things they could add for elders:
    • bingo
    • puzzles
    • knitting (maybe add wearable scarves to CAS)
    • more musical instruments? (clarinet, trumpet, saxophone)
    • audiobooks via stereo/headphones
    • active volunteering
    • birdwatching
    • tai chi
    • water aerobics
    • power walking

These are also things that sims of any age could do. But it would be fun to have more stereotypical senior activities, even if anyone can participate.

Post edited by jadonbakes on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Respectfully disagree
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I want this too. Walking canes, come back to me! (+ a thousand other things for elder activation!)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I think I'd prefer a Generations style expansion that added more for every lifestage. Something that made each stage feel unique and meaningful, with lots of milestone moments like going to [active] prom, getting your first car or having a mid-life crisis.

I think a lot of features need a polish-up and a Gen pack would be a great time to do it. Retirement could do with some work. As could weddings. And it would be a good time to handle death in a sympathetic way, adding features like funerals and maybe a more effective period of mourning.

So yeah... I think I'd like to get more elder focused features in an expansion pack like that rather than a specific elder pack. I think a stuff pack wouldn't go into enough depth and I don't think an elder gamepack would have a wide enough appeal to the general community.
  • tHe_silent_HtHe_silent_H Posts: 28 Member
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > I think I'd prefer a Generations style expansion that added more for every lifestage. Something that made each stage feel unique and meaningful, with lots of milestone moments like going to [active] prom, getting your first car or having a mid-life crisis.
    >
    > I think a lot of features need a polish-up and a Gen pack would be a great time to do it. Retirement could do with some work. As could weddings. And it would be a good time to handle death in a sympathetic way, adding features like funerals and maybe a more effective period of mourning.
    >
    > So yeah... I think I'd like to get more elder focused features in an expansion pack like that rather than a specific elder pack. I think a stuff pack wouldn't go into enough depth and I don't think an elder gamepack would have a wide enough appeal to the general community.

It looks like we're getting individual packs for life stages(except baby cus it's not really a life stage in the sims 4 atm) eg, toddler stuff, kids stuff, parenthood(mix of adults and kids/teens). I'd expect a university pack or expansion to come out at some stage to cover young adults. so a retirement gamepack might very well be in the (distant) pipeline
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I disagree with it being SP tho
    I'd definitely want it to be at least GP
    maybe include middle age crisis and middle age stuff too
    sims could get bald :joy: and there could be more age signs showing on them than now
    maybe elder aspiration? tasks could be like ''have 8 family members wear something you knitted'' ''win at bingo 5 times''
    and definitely ''old sim channels'' for tv and radio
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I disagree with it being SP tho
    I'd definitely want it to be at least GP
    maybe include middle age crisis and middle age stuff too
    sims could get bald :joy: and there could be more age signs showing on them than now
    maybe elder aspiration? tasks could be like ''have 8 family members wear something you knitted'' ''win at bingo 5 times''
    and definitely ''old sim channels'' for tv and radio

I love your ideas. Elders really do need something unique to them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Yes! Agreed
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I like the elder aspiration idea.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited July 2019
    We definitely should have their portrait added to the family inventory when they die. Then we could have a grand home "portrait gallery" of the family ancestors, for those who like the Legacy Challenge especially!

Full family portraits or group photographs of the whole living family should be made available too.

I'm thinking UK Royal Family baptisms here!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Somehow I have a feeling elders are not at the top of their list.

render.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: Β»

render.png

It's all about the lifestyle of partying young adults. Babies, toddlers, children, teens (don't be followed, their always a second thought to be put in an image), and elders: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 all.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I agree. My elders end up doing the cleaning and childcare once their aspirations are met and careers topped. Would be nice to have them have a bit more depth.
    I'd like to see them have conflicts with others about who has the best grandkids etc
    Things like scrapbooking could be new hobbies
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: Β»

render.png

I don't think they ever were

elders and newborns :*

15 stuff packs not one of them for newborns or elders
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• NightRevoltNightRevolt Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2019
    I agree completely. They need to be on the spotlight. I can see a lot of possibilities for that life stage !
    0mc8IBj.png
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    A game pack with a retirement community would be nice. I don't like elders being neglected either.
  • WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ideas to spice up elderly gameplay:

Heritage/Legacy hunting: When a Sim dies, his property should go to the people who had the best relation with him (bonus for family members). Obviously if there are several similarly strong candidates, the property can be split up.

"Wisdom of the old" / teaching skills: Some (non phyiscally exhausting, obviously) skills should be very hard to improve unless you are taught by a master (who is more likely to be old if skill progression is hard enough). A master will not accept pupils unless the relationship has a certain minimum quality.

Care and Retirement homes: There should be an increased selection of sicknesses and diseases. Elderly people should require "care". This would play similarly to caring for a newborn. The older a Sim grows, the more (often) he needs care. Sims might hire a caregiver service ($$$) or even deport their elderlies to a retirement home. In some instances (depending on the age of the elderly), this should lead to a loss of relationship (the younger the elderly, the more he prefers to stay at his home!). Players would need to pick the moment that feels right for their sims (moral and perhaps also financial implications, if "heritage" is a thing!).

Funeral events