Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Prefer for a YouTube Profile Picture?

Something that struck me today about my new YouTube channel was that I had no idea what to replace my placeholder profile picture with. Currently, my profile picture is a simple pastel pattern, but I have a feeling that this makes it harder for viewers to engage with the channel. So what do you guys prefer to see for YouTube profile pictures?

1. A photograph of the YouTuber
2. A graphic design of an avatar or character
3. A stylized font of the channel name
4. Other (please comment)

Comments

• Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    whimreaper wrote: »
    Something that struck me today about my new YouTube channel was that I had no idea what to replace my placeholder profile picture with. Currently, my profile picture is a simple pastel pattern, but I have a feeling that this makes it harder for viewers to engage with the channel. So what do you guys prefer to see for YouTube profile pictures?

1. A photograph of the YouTuber
    3. A stylized font of the channel name
    4. Other (please comment)

The Youtuber, but maybe I'm biased because that's what I've chosen.
    I just feel like too many people go for the "self-sim" avatar. It's perfect for the forums, but it's a little boring on Youtube where you have more freedom with it.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    3. a stylized font....
    or a channel logo (which could also be a channel character etc.)
    I just like to instandly recognize the channel and I find that a whole lot easier with a logo/font that is only used by said channel, a pic of the youtuber just seems unprofessional meaning I wouldn't think of it as a channel to follow but rather a personal account (like I got which is just for following channels and not uploading content myself), but maybe that's just me.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    @RavenSpit Good point! I never thought about how a photo might drive away viewers from a smaller channel.