Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get famous vs island living?

I can get one right now, which is more fun?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Is price a factor in your decision?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Get Famous...I got bored after 30 minutes of IL, it should NOT be an expansion, feels nothing like one.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    No , just want the one that is more fun
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Is price a factor in your decision?

Get Famous...I got bored after 30 minutes of IL, it should NOT be an expansion, feels nothing like one.

Thank you!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I am enjoying IL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I am enjoying IL.

Thank you !
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Get Famous has more expansive gameplay due to the Fame system, but if you're not into being a celeb and like mermaids, Island Living is more for you but has less gameplay.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Get Famous has more expansive gameplay due to the Fame system, but if you're not into being a celeb and like mermaids, Island Living is more for you but has less gameplay.
    This is the problem, I would like both lol
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    This is the problem, I would like both lol

If price is not an issue, then get both! :)

However Get Famous is the only one on sale currently.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2019
    Get Famous has more robust gameplay and an active career that's pretty cool.The build/buy is split into two pretty distinct styles (a more opulent one and one that's a mashup of 50s'-70s. The world is smaller, with something like 11 lots.

I think Island Living is notably weaker in gameplay, but has a nice array of build/buy that I find goes with a pretty decent number of styles and packs. The world is gorgeous, with something like 14 lots.

So I guess it depends whether you do gameplay or build.
    Post edited by CommaSplice on
    Get Famous has more robust gameplay and an active career that's pretty cool.The build/buy is split into two pretty distinct styles (a more opulent one and one that's a mashup of 50s'-70s. The world is smaller, with something like 11 lots.

I think Island Living is notably weaker in gameplay, but has a nice array of build/buy that I find with a pretty decent number of styles and packs. The world is gorgeous, with something like 14 lots.

So I guess it depends whether you do gameplay or build.

I’m so torn lol thank you!
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    Get Famous is on sale at the moment so I'd get that. As someone who hated celebs in previous iterations of Sims, I'm loving the Fame system in GF. I was really pleasantly surprised by it. The fact that you can become famous from any of the existing careers, or from your hobbies adds so much to the game. Plus like others have mentioned, the acting active career is really fun. Also Venessa Jeong!, best premade since Bella Goth. I just love her.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I have both and I much prefer Get Famous.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    ImSands wrote: »
    Get Famous is on sale at the moment so I'd get that. As someone who hated celebs in previous iterations of Sims, I'm loving the Fame system in GF. I was really pleasantly surprised by it. The fact that you can become famous from any of the existing careers, or from your hobbies adds so much to the game. Plus like others have mentioned, the acting active career is really fun. Also Venessa Jeong!, best premade since Bella Goth. I just love her.
    I think I am convinced:) thank you!
    I have both and I much prefer Get Famous.

Thanks ! I think that’s gonna be the one
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Get Get Famous.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Get Famous has better gameplay but Island Living has a better world. Overall, I think I prefer Get Famous.
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    Get famous I really like but after seeing LGR on YouTube about it he made seem very convincing it's a waste of time due to the fact you can't advance your mermaids (I love my mermaids!) and it looks like it should of been more of a vacation spot if anything. Hopefully I didn't bump an old post I'm relatively new to this whole forum thing.
  • DeadInsid3_plur2EDMDeadInsid3_plur2EDM Posts: 44 Member
    I meant the review about island living sorry!
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Island living, get famous is very meh.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If you are eventually going to get both get the one on sale now. Personally for day to day I'll use the IL stuff more for my sims but I gotta have both.
    egTcBMc.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    I can get one right now, which is more fun?

I say go with Island Living. It adds ocean swimming,boats and so much more.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Again, IL seems to be the most divisive pack to date.

Personally I would pick IL. It is so much more fun than Get Famous to me; Get Famous gets old very quickly and quite frankly lacks replayability for me.
    The first thing I did starting a new game now was to disable Fame gain for all sims in settings.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Get Famous.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Get Famous is more interesting. However, I couldn't play without Sulani any more.