Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham showing off cars

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I know I know.. but come on. Showing off all these different cars we have never had before or even saw in the game. I mean.. where did this one come from? I love the fancy and expensive look of it.

123455.jpg

Just hope real game cars look better in detail and have see through windows like in TS2.
Do you think this is a hint towards vehicles? He also showed off some planes.

They cant be teasing us like this anymore if it is not nearing towards us any time soon. Almost a year ago it wasn't even in progress they said, so a lot could have changed till now.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited July 2019
    its debug items from the other packs thats all it is for now

but i think if cars ever come all of those should be usable ( i mean why throw away good designs)
    though still, we don't have world to drive them in
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    These are build items that Maxis world-creators have had all along, being unlocked for us in BuyDebug, is all.

There are already vehicles in the game (traffic on the roads, parked in lots, etc.) - I don't think they are hinting at having cars to drive.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Cars > Boats
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    We got garage doors in City Living, and now with these, we can make a real house!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Finally my sims are gonna have an actual car In their garage. Even if it’s Just decor.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I know I know.. but come on. Showing off all these different cars we have never had before or even saw in the game. I mean.. where did this one come from? I love the fancy and expensive look of it.

123455.jpg

Just hope real game cars look better in detail and have see through windows like in TS2.
    Do you think this is a hint towards vehicles? He also showed off some planes.

They cant be teasing us like this anymore if it is not nearing towards us any time soon. Almost a year ago it wasn't even in progress they said, so a lot could have changed till now.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    These are build items that Maxis world-creators have had all along, being unlocked for us in BuyDebug, is all.

There are already vehicles in the game (traffic on the roads, parked in lots, etc.) - I don't think they are hinting at having cars to drive.

Yeah. Doubtful it's a hint, because these vehicles are presented as "all neighborhood objects unlock" oppose to being something specific/exclusive.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Here's the SimsVIP article on it: 1000 debug-category build/buy items - decorative only.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Finally, those ugly sized up toy cars are going to be a thing of the past.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I skipped ahead while I was watching the stream and I about had a heart attack when I saw cars. :D
  • shoosha_4realshoosha_4real Posts: 17 Member
    Yay on the cars....wish we could get in and drive some of them. We see them go down the street, in Get Famous and others....so now....ya we can park it in our lot :)
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I’m pretty someone is going to mod them.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Isn't it sad we are happy and calm ourselves down with this non functional cars to put as decoration in our self made garage builds..? I mean, look what The sims 4 did to us.
    I will never give up on REAL TS2 style cars.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Isn't it sad we are happy and calm ourselves down with this non functional cars to put as decoration in our self made garage builds..? I mean, look what The sims 4 did to us.
    I’m just glad it hopefully brings an end to sized up toy cars. I’d love some TS2 style cars where you fixed it up. Yet there’s always people saying that “there’s loading screen, what the point of cars”. TS2 did it very well.
    I’m just glad it hopefully brings an end to sized up toy cars. I’d love some TS2 style cars where you fixed it up. Yet there’s always people saying that “there’s loading screen, what the point of cars”. TS2 did it very well.

Thats my point. The fact that we are glad for something so silly like decoration cars.. oh well.
    TS2 has been and will always be a great example of possibilities and creativity in a sims game. TS4 has more of an open world then TS2 ever had, so people who still do not get this whole car/closed world thing need to double check the 100 threads on this forum :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Meh. They aren't necessary TO ME because the sims just disappear off the lot. There's no carpool like in previous games, Sims just disappear at the edge of the lot. TS2 had carpools which made adding cars to the game make sense. Not to mention, some of the lots are so TINY in TS4 there'd be no room for a car/garage.
    edited July 2019

Thats my point. The fact that we are glad for something so silly like decoration cars.. oh well.
    TS2 has been and will always be a great example of possibilities and creativity in a sims game. TS4 has more of an open world then TS2 ever had, so people who still do not get this whole car/closed world thing need to double check the 100 threads on this forum :)

Cars in ts4 would be great but what would make them really great would be world to drive them around in
    up to now worlds are full of walkways and no much driving space so id love a car theme world where there is possibilities to race, take scenic drives, show off your cars after you built one... just world where it makes sense to have them

just like we now have world where it makes sense to boat around or swim around or ride aqua zips around
    I want something like that for cars if they ever come

whole world doesn't really need to be open like in ts3 but just enough area to see your sims drive around would be so cool

tbh they could make full ''get driving'' out of it if they wanted to adding
    motorcycles, building motorcycles,
    cars, racing, luxury cars, racing suits,
    car shows, building cars, active mechanic career, selling cars...
    there is so much they could do with it
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Cars in ts4 would be great but what would make them really great would be world to drive them around in
    up to now worlds are full of walkways and no much driving space so id love a car theme world where there is possibilities to race, take scenic drives, show off your cars after you built one... just world where it makes sense to have them

just like we now have world where it makes sense to boat around or swim around or ride aqua zips around
    I want something like that for cars if they ever come

whole world doesn't really need to be open like in ts3 but just enough area to see your sims drive around would be so cool

tbh they could make full ''get driving'' out of it if they wanted to adding
    motorcycles, building motorcycles,
    cars, racing, luxury cars, racing suits,
    car shows, building cars, active mechanic career, selling cars...
    there is so much they could do with it

I agree! I do hope they add cars.
    As for loading screen issue, it could work this way: you know how sims 3 had these "pick an item" puzzles while loading? Well here we can have a sim who is driving. Have like a 3rd view behind car that's driving (camera following) along the road past terrain that transitions from current neighborhood environment to new neighborhood environment (like green hindenburg to desert strangetown) and such, and if its within same world then it has same environment. Itll be cute and relaxing and show current car the sim owns and drives! And as for no road leading to sims house, well sim can just walk to closest road (which developers can designante) then car would appear, and they would climb into it TS2 style, start engine, and drive (not ts3 style cuz that's boring)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited July 2019
    I want them to add real cars. Come on, a life simulation without cars ?! We don't have open worlds but we could still have cars even with loading screens. We could have interactions like :
    -Driving,
    -Washing cars,
    -Fixing cars,
    -Take your cars to a garage to be fixed,
    -Teaching teens to drive,
    - Car Woohoo,
    Etc

I could also see a "Crazy about cars" trait and a race pilot career.
    I miss my sims going to work in their cars.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019

TS1 - has carpools with animations

TS2 - has carpools/ ownable cars with animations

TS3 - Simmers - "We need cars with animations instead of teleporting into and out of the car!"

TS4 - Simmers - "Yay decorational cars!"

WTH happened to simmers between TS3 and now?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I want them to add real cars. Come on, a life simulation without cars ?! We don't have open worlds but we could still have cars even with loading screens. We could have interactions like :
    -Driving,
    -Washing cars,
    -Fixing cars,
    - Car Woohoo,
    Etc

I could also see a "Crazy about cars" trait and a race pilot career.

cars are such a huge part of life to a lot of people and not to have them is ridiculous. i hate when people say "well theres no open world" yeah? and there wasn't open world in sims 1 or 2 and yet we still had cars there too.

i've seen a few videos where cars actually added to the story of the sims people were playing. like callmekevin's sims 1 video, where his kid just stood there in front of the bus. it ADDED to his gameplay and the humor of his video even though it was just something silly and small as his kid doing something like that.

and deligracy and thesimsupply recently did a video with cars too in the sims 4, it was hilarious. they had a whole family created around cars. its just something that is missing from the game and i don't think people realize how much it could add to the game even though theres no open world.
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

TS3 - Simmers - "We need cars with animations instead of teleporting into and out of the car!"

This made me laugh :D
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'd like them to have streetcars. 😊
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

We are desperate now. Imagine someone walking through a dry desert for 2 days without water and lifting up a canteen and one drop of water falls into our mouth. That one drop of water feels like it hydrated your whole body and when you walk a few more steps, you realize just how little it made a difference. That about sums it up..LOL
    edited July 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    -Driving,
    -Washing cars,
    -Fixing cars,
    - Car Woohoo,
    Etc

I could also see a "Crazy aboout cars" trait and a race pilot career.

also gas stations with functional gas pumps and charging cars (if you choose ecofriendly option)
    you should have to pay for gas/charging and it would run out after certain amount of drives

also i would really love old cool classic car models for cars not just modern ones
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I would absolutely love proper, useable cars to be introduced, but overshadowing that delight would be a huge scary concern as to how many bugs it would introduce... not just for the pack that included vehicles, but potentially all other non-related areas. Let's face it... how many packs have been brought out that haven't damaged game play in some major way or another?

I could only hope for the best, but would expect the worst...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree