The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Very happy with learning about the features (not the new look) coming with the update!

13...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    While totally understanding why that’s a great addition (I agree), it is cheating ;) It’s just cheating in CAS instead of the game, but it is a form of cheating. It just makes cheating easier, faster.
    Why would it be cheating, it's at least more realistic than to play an adult sim arriving fresh into the world, innocent as a newborn babe.
    They don't become supersims, they just have a few pointers about a possible past. Level 3 in archaelogy is hardly gonna do much.

It's cheating. ;) Townies/Premades should be the only ones who have already aquired a job, some skills and some use to play them. I love sandbox and if they didn't add relationships such as boyfriend/girlfriend in CAS then it descriminates against those who want to play an already built up relationship. Daniel would say it's cheating, but I don't agree it's cheating but giving players more choices. However, it removes the need or purpose of playing a premade.

There really is no way that this game "should" be played at all and I really don't like that my thread is being derailed over a non-issue. Not everyone plays "rags" to riches. And this argument doesnt make any sense because sims never started off with $0 . And $20K , with no job history or skills actually makes less sense, so this is a move in the right direction :)@Cinebar

Did you not ask what we think about it? If you didn't then sorry I even posted in your thread. I said I didn't think it was cheating didn't I? I just made a point if players can do this in CAS (why not just add familyfunds) so they aren't so 'poor' etc. However, gurus like Daniel (who went to mobile) would have said it's cheating as that was the mind set of some devs about the never weary trait who felt to never be tired was cheating. I didn't say Sims is a game that anyone can cheat, it should be total sandbox in my opinion. Start with the money you want. 0 or billions. What I said is it defeats the purpose of playing a premade since they have skills and a job already. No need to ever play them if players can do this in CAS for all their own Sims. However, I never once said it was cheating. I said some gurus would consider it cheating because they are RPG developers and don't actually understaned open-ended sandbox.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Good Lord, it's already so easy to make money in this game. Adding those new features makes it even easier so that it even takes away the challenge of working your way up from nothing. I didn't know it was possible to make the game more boring but EAxis somehow managed to find a way. Smh....

These new features will help mobile gamers.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    While totally understanding why that’s a great addition (I agree), it is cheating ;) It’s just cheating in CAS instead of the game, but it is a form of cheating. It just makes cheating easier, faster.
    Why would it be cheating, it's at least more realistic than to play an adult sim arriving fresh into the world, innocent as a newborn babe.
    They don't become supersims, they just have a few pointers about a possible past. Level 3 in archaelogy is hardly gonna do much.

It's cheating. ;) Townies/Premades should be the only ones who have already aquired a job, some skills and some use to play them. I love sandbox and if they didn't add relationships such as boyfriend/girlfriend in CAS then it descriminates against those who want to play an already built up relationship. Daniel would say it's cheating, but I don't agree it's cheating but giving players more choices. However, it removes the need or purpose of playing a premade.

There really is no way that this game "should" be played at all and I really don't like that my thread is being derailed over a non-issue. Not everyone plays "rags" to riches. And this argument doesnt make any sense because sims never started off with $0 . And $20K , with no job history or skills actually makes less sense, so this is a move in the right direction :)@Cinebar

Did you not ask what we think about it? If you didn't then sorry I even posted in your thread. I said I didn't think it was cheating didn't I? I just made a point if players can do this in CAS (why not just add familyfunds) so they aren't so 'poor' etc. However, gurus like Daniel (who went to mobile) would have said it's cheating as that was the mind set of some devs about the never weary trait who felt to never be tired was cheating. I didn't say Sims is a game that anyone can cheat, it should be total sandbox in my opinion. Start with the money you want. 0 or billions. What I said is it defeats the purpose of playing a premade since they have skills and a job already. No need to ever play them if players can do this in CAS for all their own Sims. However, I never once said it was cheating. I said some gurus would consider it cheating because they are RPG developers and don't actually understaned open-ended sandbox.

No I actually didn't ask you. This was a thread for me to thank EA! Its clear by the title :) Wheres the question in the title??? Anyway, judging by the poll in general discussion and the responses to this ive seen elsewhere theres more who see this as useful than useless, so theres that @Cinebar
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

No I actually didn't ask you. This was a thread for me to thank EA! Its clear by the title :) Wheres the question in the title??? Anyway, judging by the poll in general discussion and the responses to this ive seen elsewhere theres more who see this as useful than useless, so theres that @Cinebar

O.K. sorry, I must have your thread mixed up with the tens of others going on right now. I hope you will ask those others who also made negative comments in your happy thread to leave, too, I don't like feeling singled out, and my mistake, I thought this was a different thread. Have a great simming day.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I actually kinda like the new look. The new stuff is what I'm truly excited for though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    So I learned that after the update, I will be able to create sims in CAS who start off at a certain career level and with more of a higher starting fund. As a strictly no cheats player that is amazing! Thank you!

It only works if you want to randomize a sim. The quiz is not ideal for those of us who have a specific idea of who the sim is that we want to create.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like the idea of the CAS stories also.

I started playing premades recently, and jumping from house to house and it's really nice to play a family that is already partially skilled. So I'm looking at this like that... only I get to make them, so they will feel like my sims. I wish they could be more skilled than I think they are going to allow for actually, but it's a start.

I'm also a mostly non-cheaty player for a variety of reasons. I like the developers building in different ways to play or approach something without feeling like you are "cheating".
    egTcBMc.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    it seems interesting to me, I like the idea of a sim starting with a backstory that is not a premade nor cheated in.
    I think I will use this to start a playthrough starting at the toddlerstage, so the parents will already start with careers and skills and I can focus on the kid. Before I always had to focus at least a bit on the parents to get them jobs and skills when I really only wanted to play the kid, this will make it easier I think.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    It's not cheating it is the same as playing with Maxis Sims that come with the game which makes a lot of them more fun to play. It's a devs tools for the masses - sort of..

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2019
    For me it is cheating as the Sim did not truly earn it by starting at ground zero but for whatever it is, it is each player choice. I make my Sims work for their money no matter how long it takes, they start at 20k and must go from there.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    For me it's not cheating. My Sims never work for money. They work to complete careers. No rags to riches for me. 😄 I just don't have the patience to make my Sims wait until they can afford a better bed or stove or go on vacation. Can't wait to play around with this and create some new Sims.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have mixed feelings about this feature. If anything, I'm a bit annoyed that they decided to add this but completely skipped over adding sim biographies.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    @Sigzy05 To each their own. Im about to go in game now and use it. Can't wait <3:)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."