Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

are hints always in wall art?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Well there's a calendar in Island Living. That cupboard has university vibes to me (the stickers etc) but I'm not sure you could call that a hint.

ejhovl.png

Hi, I'm reaching here but the calendar "wording" looks like October and has a circle on the Thursday of the last week which could be Oct. 31st and could be the release of a university pack ok bye
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    That looks like a snowy mountain on the calendar to me. :)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    There's a wreath that came with Laundry Day that mentioned something about spells, iirc? That was a HUGE hint that magic was coming.

Very, very, slowly.

Also, there's a decor item of a row of flags that came with Strangerville that reminded me a LOT of college flags that you see hanging in high schools, etc. Maybe that was a hint for university?
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I agree with @domina89, if it's not clouds then it looks much more like snowy mountains. Perhaps a colder world to come? Winter holidays / resort as many people have also requested?
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2019
    I totally believe that they leave hints. ;) But I think some of it is stuff they know is coming and some of it is stuff even they are only hoping is going to be added.
    For instance, in Sims 3 they put some dinosaur stuff in Generations and the town of Appaloosa Plains. Your dog could dig up dino bones! There was even some survey circulating about future packs and whether we would like to go on a dino hunt. Never came to pass, however. :'( Oh well.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    iBrow wrote: »
    Well there's a calendar in Island Living. That cupboard has university vibes to me (the stickers etc) but I'm not sure you could call that a hint.

ejhovl.png

Hi, I'm reaching here but the calendar "wording" looks like October and has a circle on the Thursday of the last week which could be Oct. 31st and could be the release of a university pack ok bye

If it really would be Oct 31st I think it would hint on Magical Realm, that is Halloween, isn't it?

But I think the hints are everywhere. I think I've found some on toddler books:

- Dog on a Log, obviously Cats&Dogs
    - Baby Bill & the Bobcat, Outdoor Retreat (there's mention of traveling to woods in description)
    - When is Winter, obviously Seasons
    - Like You for the Time Being, obviously Toddler Stuff, Parenthood etc. (in description the last lines are something like "toddlers are little similarities. At least for now.")

Then to the interesting ones:

- Charlotte's Pig, there is farming mentioned... Farming pack?
    - Squares and You, there's "educational" and "geometry" mentioned... University?

Maxis Man and Driving to Mars and others not mentioned I dunno if there's anything there. I couldn't figure it out at least.
    Post edited by adduapina on
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    oops. accidental double post, sorry :flushed:
    Post edited by adduapina on
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I hope not, because there's something from Island Living that I'm personally hoping is a hint to something new and it isn't wall art.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited July 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    There are very few hints in the game. Just because a pack is announced does not retrospectively make anything remotely related to its theme a hint. Most of the time it’s merely a coincidence.

It seems to me that you just go into each discussion about hints to act like you know for a fact hints don't exist :D

I strongly disagree. Coincidence is not a thing in a video game where everything is done because somebody planned it and drew it out and made it. Everything in this game is intentional .

I never said hints don't exist. Spa Day for example was 100% hinted in Perfect Patio (the hot tub's description says it's commissioned by the Perfect Balance Spa, the exact same name of a spa in Spa Day). I just find it funny when people think everything vaguely related is a hint. Some of the pack themes are extremely general and they literally need to intentionally avoid using them, or else people would think they are hints.

Get Togther's DJ booth for example sometimes displays a dog. Was it added as a hint to pets?

petsconfirmed_zpswty5f8lg.png

Maxis Artist: "Let's add a cute dog to the DJ booth! It would go really well with this track!"

Maxis Manager: "No!! You can't add a dog! We're releasing pets in two years and it would be a hint!!!"

Maxis Artist: "Oh okay..."

And there are sheep in Windenburg. Was that a farming hint?

CRuDCm_UwAAO02V.jpg

Maxis Artist: "We're making a rural neighborhood! Let's add some sheep in the background to make players feel like they're in the countryside!"

Maxis Manager: "No you can't!! We're going to release a farming pack in 4 years and those sheep would be a hint!!! We can't have hints!!!"

Maxis Artist: "Oh sorry my bad..."

Do you realize just how ridiculous it sounds? Things like animals, cities, tropical islands are commonly used everywhere and they are not going to deliberately avoid using them just because they happen to be the theme of a future pack.

You can view this your way and I will view them my way. Theres nothing to say that these packs don't start being developed long before they are ever released. So I don't think its far fetched at all if they put a dog animation in the booth as a hint.

For something to be a hint, it has to be put in “purposely, with the intention to suggest” meaning developers have to consciously put something in with the intention to suggest something by it.

There’s was several tropical wall arts in the base game which was developed in 2008 - 2014. Do you think they were honestly hinting Island Livinv with this? They didn’t even know how Oceans would work in 2017.

A lot of these “hints” are simply just real world content. And fans drive themselves crazy looking for hints. The only hints developers do put in are basically non-negotiable and can’t be anything other than a hint. Like the Calander in Cats & Dogs, or the Seasons references in Jungle Adventure. Or the Tropical Island Calander in Strangerville. They are easily hints because the items or descriptions are so out of place and so obvious.

Developers keep saying “they don’t do hints” because people just take it too far and ruin the fun, over analysing everything and making people question everything they say incase someone takes it as a hint.

I have to agree with @elelunicy

Hints in 4 are painfully obviously but most things are just coincidence or referencing the real world.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    There are very few hints in the game. Just because a pack is announced does not retrospectively make anything remotely related to its theme a hint. Most of the time it’s merely a coincidence.

It seems to me that you just go into each discussion about hints to act like you know for a fact hints don't exist :D

I strongly disagree. Coincidence is not a thing in a video game where everything is done because somebody planned it and drew it out and made it. Everything in this game is intentional .

I never said hints don't exist. Spa Day for example was 100% hinted in Perfect Patio (the hot tub's description says it's commissioned by the Perfect Balance Spa, the exact same name of a spa in Spa Day). I just find it funny when people think everything vaguely related is a hint. Some of the pack themes are extremely general and they literally need to intentionally avoid using them, or else people would think they are hints.

Get Togther's DJ booth for example sometimes displays a dog. Was it added as a hint to pets?

petsconfirmed_zpswty5f8lg.png

Maxis Artist: "Let's add a cute dog to the DJ booth! It would go really well with this track!"

Maxis Manager: "No!! You can't add a dog! We're releasing pets in two years and it would be a hint!!!"

Maxis Artist: "Oh okay..."

And there are sheep in Windenburg. Was that a farming hint?

CRuDCm_UwAAO02V.jpg

Maxis Artist: "We're making a rural neighborhood! Let's add some sheep in the background to make players feel like they're in the countryside!"

Maxis Manager: "No you can't!! We're going to release a farming pack in 4 years and those sheep would be a hint!!! We can't have hints!!!"

Maxis Artist: "Oh sorry my bad..."

Do you realize just how ridiculous it sounds? Things like animals, cities, tropical islands are commonly used everywhere and they are not going to deliberately avoid using them just because they happen to be the theme of a future pack.

You can view this your way and I will view them my way. Theres nothing to say that these packs don't start being developed long before they are ever released. So I don't think its far fetched at all if they put a dog animation in the booth as a hint.

For something to be a hint, it has to be put in “purposely, with the intention to suggest” meaning developers have to consciously put something in with the intention to suggest something by it.

There’s was several tropical wall arts in the base game which was developed in 2008 - 2014. Do you think they were honestly hinting Island Livinv with this? They didn’t even know how Oceans would work in 2017.

A lot of these “hints” are simply just real world content. And fans drive themselves crazy looking for hints. The only hints developers do put in are basically non-negotiable and can’t be anything other than a hint. Like the Calander in Cats & Dogs, or the Seasons references in Jungle Adventure. Or the Tropical Island Calander in Strangerville. They are easily hints because the items or descriptions are so out of place and so obvious.

Developers keep saying “they don’t do hints” because people just take it too far and ruin the fun, over analysing everything and making people question everything they say incase someone takes it as a hint.

I have to agree with @elelunicy

Hints in 4 are painfully obviously but most things are just coincidence or referencing the real world.

@jackjack_k And I would repeat the same thing to you that I did to the other guy. Not sure why an old conversation was bumped up anyhow.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited July 2019

ejhovl.png

if calendar is hint that is definitely snowy mountains though
    my guess is it is later than october because why would there be picture of snowy mountains for october
    october is autumn month

I am guessing winter vacation pack if that is hint
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited July 2019
    one of those base game ''paintings of mars'' also looks really much like Mua Pel' Am
    2drzbep.png

and the description for that set paintings is really vague too like ''it might be mars or not be mars'' or something??
    idk if there is more to these paintings than we think? or maybe just coincidence?
    other one looks lowkey strangerville but not sure since I don't actually have that pack
    early concepts maybe?
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    It's not always just wall art. There are mermaid scale paints that came with Get Famous.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Using those decks from Parenthood and notice one that had a cute little pineapple on it! I still wouldn't call these hints but moreso like easter eggs or teasers.
  • Options
    MarioCoxMarioCox Posts: 15 New Member
    Seeing all the car references in the Strangler pack made me very happy! I hope they are hinting in the wall art
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

ejhovl.png

This honestly doesn't seem like reaching to me, considering how they did the exact same thing for Island Living back in StrangerVille.

(Sorry if this was already mentioned. :sweat_smile:)

vEqrJui.png

This fits perfectly with the actual delease date for Island Living, June 21 (on a non-US calendar).

ctHoXae.png
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png