August 16 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 16 - Guru Garage day! SimGurus are ready to continue with the Guru Games - details here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Getting Island Living, what things do you like about it?

Island Living is coming out tomorrow for Xbox. I’ve been waiting since the news came out about it to get it, but I unfortunately had to wait for the Xbox release since I’m an Xbox player. People who already have it, what do you like most about it, and what things do you suggest I do during my gameplay with it? So excited.

Comments

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,334 Member
    edited July 16
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Island Living is coming out tomorrow for Xbox. I’ve been waiting since the news came out about it to get it, but I unfortunately had to wait for the Xbox release since I’m an Xbox player. People who already have it, what do you like most about it, and what things do you suggest I do during my gameplay with it? So excited.

    There is lots I like about it.

    You can swim in the ocean

    There is an interactive waterfall that will let you shower under it,woohoo,call frogs and play in it

    There is a new kiss in water interaction that can be done in the ocean and in swimming pools.

    I love the boats bot the jet ski and the canoes and you can soup them up with stuff eg jet skis can glow at night and you can listen to the radio while your driving them.

    Floaties are fun in the water.

    I like how you can place lots on water

    Mermaids are fun to play with

    Sims and Mermaids can interact with dolphins.

    I love the many buy and build tropical themed items

    I love the new outdoor shower.

    Love the many new hairstyles especially the female curly ones which also look good on males.

    The New Island Radio Station is a good one. It makes it seem like your on a tropical vacation and there is a good many of new tunes.

    And I love Sulani. The world is so beautiful.

    I recommend putting a seafood restaurent in Sulani if you have Dine Out.

  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 92 Member
    I'm on PS4, so I feel your pain. I'm really looking forward to it. I've watched a couple of Let's Plays and I'm really excited for the whole aesthetic and feel to the island, build/buy & CAS. I also love that they introduced the conservationist career, along with odd-jobs and part-time jobs.
  • KersiexxKersiexx Posts: 176 Member
    Conservation Career is ONE of my favorite things in this pack from what I’ve seen. There’s also a secret Abino dolphin you can call after your completely done cleaning the beach, and I’m pretty sure a mermaid hideout.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 2,972 Member
    I can tell you're a supernatural player by that avatar of yours, so I can feel good about mentioning mermaids. I love them! I've played them in San Myshuno, Sulani, and... well, that's it, but I'm going to try Brindleton Bay next. And their weather powers work anywhere, so if you wanted to ruin GeekCon you could! Hmm, that reminds me, I haven't done that yet...
    pridefi.jpg?resize=1000%2C400&ssl=1
    Support The LGBTQ Community
  • KersiexxKersiexx Posts: 176 Member
    Sounds amazing lol.
  • KersiexxKersiexx Posts: 176 Member
    I just bought it yesterday night <3
  • 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,541 Member
    edited July 24
    I recommend putting a seafood restaurent in Sulani if you have Dine Out.

    I'm going to steal that idea! Love it.
  • 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,541 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Conservation Career is ONE of my favorite things in this pack from what I’ve seen. There’s also a secret Abino dolphin you can call after your completely done cleaning the beach, and I’m pretty sure a mermaid hideout.

    A mermaid hideout!? How do you get to it?

  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,104 Member
    8Faith8 wrote: »
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Conservation Career is ONE of my favorite things in this pack from what I’ve seen. There’s also a secret Abino dolphin you can call after your completely done cleaning the beach, and I’m pretty sure a mermaid hideout.

    A mermaid hideout!? How do you get to it?

    It’s a rabbit hole.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,334 Member
    8Faith8 wrote: »
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Conservation Career is ONE of my favorite things in this pack from what I’ve seen. There’s also a secret Abino dolphin you can call after your completely done cleaning the beach, and I’m pretty sure a mermaid hideout.

    A mermaid hideout!? How do you get to it?

    It's a hidden hole near the volcano were mermaids spawn and swim out.

  • DaxDax Posts: 5 New Member
    Is there a lot of exploring to do on the island? I'm debating on whether I should purchase Island Living or Get to Work.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 308 Member
    edited July 25
    I'm really enjoying this pack me personally, the world is beautiful, a love the dolphins, I've always wanted to swim with them IRL, I'm making sure I one day do, so this feature made me excited ,love the premade sims I also love that they added a transgender sim into the game aswell, shes beautiful, I'm glad that the transgender community is getting recognized, they deserve it being soo brave in this world full of some small minded people ,the create a sim and hairstyles ooooh I will say again I love it and the build and buy objects :-)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,334 Member
    Dax wrote: »
    Is there a lot of exploring to do on the island? I'm debating on whether I should purchase Island Living or Get to Work.

    There are 2 beach lots,an interactive waterfall,3 main islands and several islands you can build on. I say go with Island Living.

  • DaxDax Posts: 5 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Dax wrote: »
    >
    > Is there a lot of exploring to do on the island? I'm debating on whether I should purchase Island Living or Get to Work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There are 2 beach lots,an interactive waterfall,3 main islands and several islands you can build on. I say go with Island Living.

    I had no idea that there were so many islands! Thanks a bunch for the info, Cat.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top