Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you like/how are you using Strangerville after solving the mystery?

I am almost done with the mystery, but I was curious how others have used the world, stuff, career, etc. after they solved the mystery? How are you enjoying the pack after the main feature is done?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I've moved more Sims into the world, including into a Military barracks (from the Gallery, renovated). I like the world.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    One of my main Sims is kind of a collective image of James Bond, Indiana Jones and Agent Mulder so this GP is just perfect for him with the story and the new career.
    Another Sim who's is a huge baddie lives in that "how they got rich" neighborhood - it's very fitting too. And she has the surveillance station and the bugs to blackmail people around - beyond happy villain.
    Other than that I absolutely love that little trailer park lot!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I play the premades, they're my favorite premades since City Living.
    The world feels really nice, even after the storyline. There are always more conspiracy theories to uncover: aliens, vampires, mermaids, they walk among us, and a sim from Strangerville will prove it sooner or later.

I recently renovated George Cahill's bunker into, well, a smaller bunker I'd like playing better.
    Gq6MeN9l.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love Strangerville. My main family still lives in a (highly renovated and enlarged) premade house there. Strangerville also has the most user-friendly bar, in my opinion. It only takes a moment to get to the bathroom, for example.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • iNikkiBeariNikkiBear Posts: 25 Member
    I think it is a nice town. I really like the military job that the pack added!
  • FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    I love the aesthetics of the town. There is a really nice premade house that I love.
    I emptied it out so I can redesign it for Brindleton Bay.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Right now I'm doing a premade save that I started in Sulani... and I had to jump to the premades in Strangerville on my rotation right after. I'd been wanting to play the Roswell family in some depth. I really enjoy the way they made them. I like the house with all the beds and not enough sims for it.... had to make up a story for myself as to why that is. That town and the upper area is a real draw to me. I spent part of my childhood in a town that actually looked sort of like that architecture wise.. (small town).
    Before my current play through if I made any sim that I would end up making "shady" they usually were placed there to be in those surroundings. I've come up with more backstories this way.. usually involving running away from the law (klepto sims or other bad or paranoid traits) and ending up in Strangerville. I even made a bad cop that I had to place there.
    Still haven't gone the men in black route for a career...
    Lol... @Rouenpucelle mentioned the bar. I didn't use to send my sims to bars much. I did start sending them to the Strangerville one, now I use them more often in general.

egTcBMc.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Ignoring the place. Far too much of the area is taken up with useless art work and not enough lots to work with. Having been in the military I know what a military town is supposed to be like, and Strangerville doesn't even make an attempt. It is simply a setting for that wretched excuse of a story, not a town one can do simming in.
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I still really like the world for building! I think the CAS cosmetics and the building items are super cool and can fit in a lot of different house styles!

I don't play any households in the world though..
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    My Strangerville Hero is still living in Strangerville after she solved the mystery. She got married, moved away from the trailer park and had her first child. She created a club with the Sims that helped her beat the Mother and they meet regularly. I've planned her to have a lot of children and live in Strangerville for the rest of her life. I like the world a lot. I also love the CAS and build & buy items.
    On my other saves I've moved some of my households to Strangerville and I'm not going to solve the mystery with all of them. I don't have a problem with possessed Sims walking around, I don't care about too serious and realistic play style, so few wacky Sims in the neighborhood is just fun for me.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    To solve the mystery, I used the eclectic art friends that came with Strangerville, then moved them to Del Sol Valley after saving the town. Never been back since.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I have just restarted the adventure and am still surprised how great this world looks in the middle stages of the apocalypse. And that spooky sound (the birds, the music)! I wish IL had the same passion and quality.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    What does your world look like now that the mystery is solved? Do you still see that huge cloud over the science lab? Is my game bugged?
  • NintonenNintonen Posts: 2 New Member
    After the end, the dialogues for the quests are still present when chatting with Sims. This is supremely annoying to me. I bought a house there and moved in with sim-spouse, recruited sim-spouse for last quest. Now when I talk to him, there is forever a greyed out option to recruit. Does anyone have a solution to this that doesn't involve relocating to a different town?
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    > @Nintonen said:
    > After the end, the dialogues for the quests are still present when chatting with Sims. This is supremely annoying to me. I bought a house there and moved in with sim-spouse, recruited sim-spouse for last quest. Now when I talk to him, there is forever a greyed out option to recruit. Does anyone have a solution to this that doesn't involve relocating to a different town?

I have the same issue. I wasn't sure if it was a bug so I didn't think to report it but now I wonder if it is. I know it seems you can restart the whole storyline, but I feel like those dialogue options should disappear while the story is in a completed state.