Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What we like to see in The sims 5 [LONG THREAD+PICS!]

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial Having for sale signs outside of empty houses would be awesome. Maybe Sims could view an empty house before moving in?

Yes I have mentioned the tour. Would we great! I think these moments are big in real life and they should be in our sims life too. I don't like how everything has no meaning now and can be done by one simple click. Things should have more debt. I did like that when adopting a pet for example in TS4, you get a few pets over to interact with and see if you match along with and an adult NPC that works for the adopting office to maybe impress, befriend and someone who makes sure you are the right fit. These things should happen more often. Adopting a pet (or baby) are big decisions, so is moving out and opening a store, new job, new school etc.
    We need to have more party options like:

- Opening celebration - for any type of (re)opening of any type. I have tried it many times with my store in the sims, but I miss the opportunity where sims and friends show up to buy items that might be in sale, hang around, congratulate my sims and maybe eat some small bites and drinks I have set out. It is always one of another in the sims and that should change. Give us these multiple chooses!
    - New job/school - When sims go off to uni or got a new job (maybe even their dream career or their first real job after uni) THIS should be celebrated! Friends come over, bring gifts (should be an option on bdays as well!), take pictures for memories and be maybe a little sad at the end of the party. Now every party feels the same and sims do not even behave proper at themed parties like a dinner party for example: THEY SIT ON THE COUCH!
    - House warming - Sims and friend (or neighbours) come over and bring little house gifts. Maybe that coffee machine from a great friend that you couldn't afford. Gifts should also be more appropriate and their value should depend on the relationship you have with them. A sims that has a crush on you, might give a romantic gift and a neighbour you have just met in the hallway that doesn't have a special friendly trait or anything, could just give you something simple as a plant or candle.

Sorry, got carried away again :p
  • oneloveSims3oneloveSims3 Posts: 3 New Member
    love this! hope its still relevant!

The only idea I have for Sims 5 that hasn't already been mentioned would be for CLOTHING to have to be shopped..thus shopping malls. Wouldn't it be fun to shop for baby clothes? Prom dress? Wedding dress? All the other clothing one would need.

...maybe Sims 5 should be more like the real world, have to work for everything and SHOP for everything. Loved the idea for a interactive grocery store..what about a furniture store? Maybe it would get too stressful..but I think shopping would be fun.
  • Che1vzChe1vz Posts: 7 New Member
    Love your ideas! I especially agree with the different house/lot types and open neighborhoods. In addition, I think they really should focus on the sims themselves, their personalities. Some of these might be pretty far-fetched or already suggested, but I'll post this long list of ideas anyway :smiley:

TRAITS: I want traits to affect sims' actions and reactions much more than they do today. Mean sims should actually be mean, at least towards those with conflicting traits, shy sims should be shy dancers and performers, unless they find confidence in a course or juice, and so on.
    > > To make things even better, traits could complement each other in different ways. Examples:
    - An athletic sim who loves the outdoors? Obviously they love hiking and jogging in the nature! An athletic gamer? Their most favorite games are sports-related!
    - A shy sim who's a hopeless romantic(/flirty)? They get crushes easily but are hesitant to make the first move, or they are awkward at it. They may daydream about their crush or ask a friend to talk to their crush.
    - A shy/perfectionist and clumsy sim will get embarrassed of blunders. An arrogant/hot-headed but clumsy sim will obviously blame others for his/her mistakes!
    - Or how about a sim who's evil/selfish and a good actor? They can pretend to be nice to achieve something.
    - There are so many possibilities!

INTERESTS:
    Sims could have specific interests, which would define their personality even more. I loved the hobbies and interests in TS2 Free Time. It was awesome to find out your sims' special talents and/or interests!
    >> This idea could be expanded: Perhaps they have a weakness, too. Examples:
    - A sim turns out to hate arts, so they hate art galleries, their fun decreases when painting/drawing, and they look bored and frustrated doing it.
    - A sim turns out to be a complete tone-deaf, and they will never become as good singers as others. Depending on their traits, they will avoid/hate singing in front of people, or LOVE it anyway!
    >> Sims who get along extremely well: Culinarists/Food lovers and good cooks; Music lovers and dancers; Dancers and fitness enthusiasts...

EMOTIONS and REACTIONS:
    If they are planning to keep the emotions system, I think emotions should have much more consequences. I find things like "hit the punching bag furiously" (whatever it was) or "pee like a champion" a funny idea, but what bugs me is that in TS4, they are just texts. I wish you could actually *see* them furiously BEAT the punching bag !
    >> A furious sim would not become happy from a nicely decorated room.
    >> Happiness could have more stages. The first stage of happiness could include stuff like "nice meal", the second things like "a new house!"/"my son graduated!". The third stage could be overjoyed, things like being madly in love, fulfilling your biggest dream, preventing your loved one's death, or similar.. These are just examples, though! :)
    >> I also think that "afraid" should definitely be an individual emotion. Traits like brave/daredevil or fearful/paranoid would affect its prominence.
    >> A sim seeing a ghost or anything paranormal for the first time should react and feel accordingly, unless they love such things or unless paranormal is considered as "everyday phenomena" in the world.

RELATIONSHIPS/CONVERSATION:
    This is pretty obvious, but I think the sims who've just had a serious fight should *not* be talking about the weather the next day (or at the worst, a minute after!). A sim who's in love like *crazy, should not be romantically interested in other sims. If my sim spreads fake rumors about someone and they hear about it, they should not be too eager to talk to my sim.
    >> Mildly related: I had a police officer in The Sims 4 who received invites to a party from a criminal they had arrested. Things like this should not happen in the possible next Sims game!

ONE MORE IDEA: There's been a lot of talk that some want The Sims to be an easy and "positive vibes only" -game (e.g. no burglars) and some want more drama. I believe this would be best settled with one or several toggle options.
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    I basically want the sims 3 back but everything is improved. The sims 4 was so hyped up about the emotions being this huge and intricate part of gameplay, but it falls waaaaay short of doing anything but being annoying. Sims get emotions from literally everything and anything no matter what their traits are. I miss the way the traits truly effected the sims and their wishes. If they were bookworm sims or genius, they wished to do their homework, but if they were rebellious or something, they wished to skip class. I feel like in the sims 4 right now, a sims desires are based almost entirely on what expansion packs and things you have installed. my sim who hates outdoors for some reason still wants a bee keeping thing just bc it's spring even though they'll never use it for anything bc they hate being outside. Or how all sims want to know about vampires for some reason. there's just no actual personality to the sims anymore.

For example, a thing I really liked that was part of the Sims 3 was how depending on what traits your sims had, it directly effected what Lifetime Wishes they could choose from. This would be GREAT to have back in the sims games. It would be an absolute must for the Sims 5. Right from launch. This really added some depth to my sims and I felt like their traits actually had an impact on what they wanted to do with their life. In the Sims 4 now, you can have a commitment phobic sim that hates children but wants to have a big family. Which, yes, on the one hand could create some interesting stories (always assuming of course that you actually got to see this conflict played out in the game, which it doesn't). It just doesn't make sense and it makes it feel like the traits are useless.

The open world from the Sims 3 would be another absolute must for the Sims 5 in my opinion. It is by far one of the most annoying things about the sims 4 and one of the most disappointing to have seen taken out. Idec if it slowed the game a bit, I'd still rather have it in than not.

The sims 3 world adventures was great as well and I feel like similar packs in the sims 4 are hugely lacking. It actually took a bit of skill and thinking to get through all of the obstacles in the sims 3 and in the sims 4, all you have to do is keep clicking the same options and eventually stuff will happen. That's very lame.

Fears being brought back from the sims 2 would be great also. But make them more intuitive and again truly reflect the sims' personalities.
    Has been a while for me, but looking forward to read all the new comments :) So move along. What would you like to see in TS5?

REMEMBER: NO negativity here!
  • ChloeCat2015ChloeCat2015 Posts: 2 New Member
    Seeing as I have only ever played the Sims 4 I really don't know what the other games were like and what features they had but this is just my personal opinion.

Okay first things first CC AND MODS FOR CONSOLE. I play Sims 4 on console and the only way to get a new hair or clothing item or an addition to your gameplay is to buy a pack that I do not have enough money to buy. I am stuck with base game and no CC or mods. I swear if they can find a way to have CC and mods available for console in the Sims 5 they are magical and will make me happy.
    Second of all, a color wheel, patterns and choosing individual colors for individual parts of an item. For example, in Xbox Avatars, the more recent version is really good with that. You can change the individual colors and create your own color for hair clothes, etc. and it all is customized. Though they should also add patterns and designs so you can choose a polka dot design for a chair but then choose say, pink dots on a primarily yellow surface. Also there should be intricate designs that you can not color customize because it would be tricky too actually recolor every part. Possibly even making your own design like how in cats and dogs you can spray random stuff on your pet.
    Realistic looking hair rather than the clay hair would be a big deal for me, as well as some Alpha cc items in the game. From pictures I see, Sims 3 had sims that looked more realistic and just generally better designed than Sims 4 sims without cc. Some things like skin details, real eyes, better eyebrows INDIVIDUAL EYELASHES nails, etc.
    I dont feel like explaining my whole wish list so I'm just gonna write them.
    Height slider that works realistically
    Tween life stage
    More personality traits
    Handicapped options, cancer (sorry just some of my family members died from it and I want to make them and redo their lives in a scenario that they lived)or medical issues
    Neighborhoods you can travel throughout without a loading screen
    Cars
    Out of ground pools
    Trampolines
    Yeah I'm just gonna stop here I cant write all of them on my tiny ipod.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited April 2019
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    CASt or a color wheel
    Less cartoony art style
    Open world or truly open neighborhoods
    If not open world, please handle time like Sims 2 so we do not lose part of the life of the sims we leave at home when we take another one out on the town
    cars/bikes
    If emotions are included, please make them meaningful
    Basic NPCs like police, fireman, and burglars
    Traits that matter and impact the sim's personality
    Teens that are a different height
    Grocery stores where we can shop for groceries
    Free babies
    Terrain tools/water tool
    Fishing anywhere in water, not just at specific points
    Landline phones
    Newspapers
    Interests and magazines that can encourage their interests
    Attractions system
    Favorites (food/color/music/tv stations/etc.) that have an effect on sim's mood

I like everything you listed here except the color wheel, open worlds/neighborhoods and fishing anywhere. I like the world system and the customization that we have in "The Sims 4". I don't want a color wheel when it comes to "The Sims 5". I want werewolves, vampires, werevamps (werewolf/vampire hybrids), fairies and elves in "The Sims 5" as well as witches and wizards.

Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited April 2019
    I like the cas.fulleditmode cheat and would like celebrity sims in "The Sims 5". I'd like to see the dishwashers as well as fire alarms. And I'd like to see Izzy Fabulous, Diego Lobo, Yuki and Candy Behr return to "The Sims 5" and be playable in "The Sims 5". I'd also like the bubble blower, karaoke machine, robot maids, dance floor and dartboard to return to "The Sims 5" s well as the DJ Booth and Foosball game to return. I would like Izzy's sister, Mo, to be playable and in "The Sims 5".
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I would like to see districts of up to 10 or even 12 lots. I agree with multiple units per lot in some cases.

I strongly believe we need an optional new timing system, this would be an optional thing. For example Instead of one in-game minute being 1 real-life second, it would be 2 or 3 or 5 or 10. Now, instead of 1 part of a conversation lasting 10 or more in-game minutes, it would last 2 or 3 or 5. If you are cooking a meal, it wouldn't take 30 or more to cook in most cases, but only anywhere between 5 and 15. This would also apply to bigger moments, this would allow people who want a slightly slower pace to have it, this would also allow us to enjoy some of the good moments, and also if for example, a couple has 3-4 children but the children don't get along or do get along but have their own families and it's Winterfest, the parents could go all of the houses in one day. Walking pace would stay the same.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - All life stages none locked to objects or burritos and Preteens
    - Height Slider
    - Body Hair
    - Eyelashes
    - Facial hair and stubble separated so your Sims can have a mustache without a baby face
    - Piercings for nose lip eyebrows and ears
    - Color wheel for hair and eyes
    - Cars
    - Newspapers and Landlines
    - CAW with all the tools we need to create customize and name our own worlds.
    - Sims have awareness to the world and Sims around them, such as if a they catch a Sim cheating they cry or slap them (depending on personality) or if its snowing they stick out their tongue to catch it.
    - Pools
    - Water and ground tools
    - Wants/Fears
    - Favorites/Dislikes that would be updated with expansions like loves celebrities with the dislike being hates celebrities
    - Open neighborhoods with at least 10 lots and worlds with at least 40 lots if not more if you make your own
    - Basic animations such as making the bed or opening a kitchen cabinet
    - Cops burglars and firemen
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    create a world
    story progression
    open world
    create a pattern,color wheel
    full life stages, including proper newborns, and preteens and proper teenagers
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Bumping this thread as it gone too far in the speculation section. Will update on ideas soon :) I think I will need to re-read everything again, cause it has been so long.
    Ok, I am trying to think of little things in real life that get you excited besides the standard events that we already have in Sims games.
    Certain things in real life can mean a lot, but in the game it does not add much. Like a walk in the park. In the reality of a game, it would just be a sim walking around and you will ask yourself: 'What is the point of this?' 'What does it add to my gameplay?' In real life you switch emotions with a useful meaning for later, re-think about certain events, refresh your mind which can be useful for personal growth and soak up some of that nature that you need to get going. In the sims this would have a total different effect, cause these reality aspects are left out. Sims do not need fresh air, a change of mind or analyze their life. I think more focus on these things will give sims more of a personality and it adds a touch of realism that is needed for a game called The sims 5.

Let's talk about sims individuality, personal growth and it's effect on their life!
    This is something that has been ignored too much and it needs a fresh core from scratch. Something that will define the game.
    For starters sims in The sims 5 will need:

- Memories
    - Fears/wants
    - Opposite traits or setting levels of traits
    - Set skills, career, family tree and funds in CAS (yes I took this from the latest S4 update)
    - hobbies or activity interests
    - Attraction/repulse system
    - Emotions and moods
    - Manners

And in the end, it is nice to set up all these personalities, but they have to have:

Consequences, meaning and special unlocked outcomes

Cause traits have opposites and can be set as levels, you can create already a 25 different sims by choosing the same 5 traits, cause every trait has an opposite and can be set in 5 degrees. Not to mention the whole list of realistic and basic traits the game would offer you. This system goes back to TS1/TS2 style, so it should be more than possible to implant this in a Sims 5 game. Instead of the basic 5 or 6 'traits' we had back then, we should now start with a whole lot more of course.

Some traits could be (you can set levels to max. 10 traits):
    * You set each trait in between 5 levels.
    Spiritual - Materialistic wealth (Spiritual sims care less about money, good jobs, materials, expensive houses and living a life of consumerism. While materialistic wealthy sims live to get a good diploma, meet other wealthy sims, get a good job,make promotions and buy that dream house)
    Settler - Heart breaker (Settlers just want to find their dream partner, settle down and go on as less dates as possible. Heart breakers live to date as much sims as possible and are always hungry for someone new)
    Chairwarmer - Workaholic (Chairwarmers do not care to find a job. They prefer staying at home or doing little side jobs once in a while to bring in the bucks. Workaholics live for their job. They prefer to work on their free days and choose their job as their main priority. Even over family/friends sometimes)
    Untrustworthy - Loyal (Untrustworthy sims lie a lot. They lie about their job, who they are, who they date and you often find them doing things or be in places they should not do or be at. Loyal sims prefer to stick with their partner, job, arrive on time and they keep their promises. They do not cheat anyone. They visit the same café's and keep their friends forever)
    Open book - Mysterious (Sims who are open books tell you everything! you will learn a lot about them and their family/friends once you meet them for the first time. They also have a hard time holding secrets of gossip. Mysterious sims on the other hand require a lot of trust and long period of time before they reveal something to you. It could be their traits, jobs, relationship, interests etc.)
    Unmotivated - Enthusiastic (Unmotivated sims are never excited for anything. They do not want to participate in activities and they get a negative mood let/emotion from doing something out of their routine. Enthusiastic sims are excited for every new happening in their life. They often get new ideas, get inspired and then bloom when they use this in their advantage. They always say yes, even if you call them in the middle of the night for a crazy idea)
    Selfish - Caring (Selfish sims never do anything for others. They do not help around in the house, they don't come to birthday parties and they can choose a promotion over a friendship. Caring sims make great parents. They love to nurse others and it gives them pleasure. They rarely get annoyed by cleaning up, taking care of kids or helping friends out)
    Bitter - Sympathetic (Bitter sims always look grumpy and never smile. They complain about everything, talk about their misery and do not want their surroundings to have joy either. Sims get a uncomfortable mood let/emotion from being around them. Sympathetic sims are fun to be around. They can do a little extra by bringing cake/cookies to the new neighbors or giving/loaning out money to sims in need. They also have an option to ask what is wrong or if they need help with something.
    Dramaqueen - Drama-free (Dramaqueens always over-react to happenings. They love gossip and when they see a fight, fire or when someone breaks up with them, they react very loud and hysterical and attract a lot of crowd. They love to watch drama movies and tell exuberant stories. Modest sims stay out of trouble and do not interfere with fights and loud people. They do not like to show much to the outside world and keep themselves away from trouble. They do not excessively drink, go crazy over famous sims or pass out in public.

* More traits will follow later

I tried to keep the meaning of traits as neutral as possible, cause otherwise it could interfere with other chosen traits. For example if you take a family oriented workaholic where family oriented has level 5 and workaholic 4, the focus will be on the family oriented trait when it comes to choosing family over work.
    Traits that are not chosen are always neutral. So, you choose traits that you are interested in for your sims.

Let's say i will create the following sim:
    Traits (set by levels)
    * a little interested in materialistic wealth
    * more of a settler than a Casanova
    * cares about his career, but not workaholic
    * a responsible sim
    * loyal enough to stick around

Skills/career/family tree ad funds in CAS

* He has a good amount of social and photography skills
    * I set his career to be a lawyer (you can choose any career level in CAS)
    * I have made his parents and his sister in cas. His parents are just added to the family tree and are not alive anymore. His sister will be placed in the list of non-homed sims. This way I can create a sim that actually looks like his parents and also has their given traits.
    * He starts off with a good amount of money to buy a modern house in the starters/small family district and then to furnish with some luxurious items. there is still some money left to enjoy his life and hobbies.

Hobbies or activity interests (max. 10)
    * I have set his hobbies and interests in CAS as well. Some of his hobbies and interests are: photography, meeting new sims (he will need this after he moved to his new home), watching movies, reading, drinking drinks and being outside and exploring the city, buying new items etc.
    You can change these hobbies and interests at any time! They have influence on daily life goals like his fears and wants.

Attraction/repulse system (max. 5 attractions & 5 repulses)
    * His attractions are: Brown hair, female, 4+ materialistic wealth trait, YA stage, interested in travel
    * His repulses are: 2- Spiritual trait, jobless sims, sims who are interested in going to nightclubs

Manners
    They work a little like traits, but they are only manner oriented and work the same as TS4. They can be set in CAS, but also be adjusted throughout life choices. Toddlers, children and teens stages have the most influence on them. Manner settings to choose from are:
    Responsible - Irresponsible
    Calm - Violent
    Clean - Messy
    etc.

The following personality creators from the list are available and influenced throughout game play.

- Memories
    - Fears/wants
    - Emotions and moods

* Will come later to write these out :)
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    Wouldn't this thread be better off moved to feedback? "What we like to see" is not speculation... it's wishful thinking / suggestions.

Ah alright, moderator/admin put it here.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited July 2019
    Wouldn't this thread be better off moved to feedback? "What we like to see" is not speculation... it's wishful thinking / suggestions.

Ah alright, moderator/admin put it here.

Yeah, it was discussed a while back already. Still think its weird to be secretive about The sims 5. I mean, who are we fooling here? :D It's all a bit too cooperative for me sometimes.
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    If I can be a little out of left-field: If we bring back anything akin to open worlds, then I think it's time for the end of households.

Or, specifically, the sims you control shouldn't be household-locked. They shouldn't have to live in the same place for you to control them, and you shouldn't be forced to manage everyone who lives in the same place. You should be able to keep track of/control up to 8 (or more, but for example purposes we'll stick with tradition) sims who live anywhere within the opened area. If I want to control only a single sim, but they live in a house with a bunch of other people, I should get to do that. If I want to control two couples, but not their kids, who are next door neighbors, I should get to do that. If I want to control two kids who live in the same cul-de-sac but not their families, I should get to do that. If you open up the world (not even full open world, but any level of open), then you should also open up the idea of "households", and not lock players and their sims down geographically.

You tag the sims you want to manage, they get added to your little UI bar. If you travel with some of them past a loading screen, just like currently the other ones stay in your UI but you don't directly interact. But otherwise, all sims in the playable area on your playable roster are playable, and they don't have to share a home to be added to your roster.

This should also add the functionality to be really truly homeless. If play isn't locked to a home lot, then characters shouldn't be either.

After Sims 3 I really thought this was going to be the next step. And I understand the many reasons it didn't go that direction, but it's what I would do now. Even if you only have open "neighborhoods" and not worlds, which honestly might be a better way to go both for optimization and just manageable play, it would still open up gameplay options a TON.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial I love your ideas! Traits that really play a role in how your sims interact and react to their world is something I miss. The Sims 5 base game should really focus on fleshing out the basics like personalities and systems that can be expanded upon with each new pack (like the club or calendar system in SM4).

@Ivyeyed I think this is a great idea, and if someone wanted to play with just one family they could still do so. I'm up for anything that gives us more choices and customization.
    edited July 2019
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    If I can be a little out of left-field: If we bring back anything akin to open worlds, then I think it's time for the end of households.

Or, specifically, the sims you control shouldn't be household-locked. They shouldn't have to live in the same place for you to control them, and you shouldn't be forced to manage everyone who lives in the same place. You should be able to keep track of/control up to 8 (or more, but for example purposes we'll stick with tradition) sims who live anywhere within the opened area. If I want to control only a single sim, but they live in a house with a bunch of other people, I should get to do that. If I want to control two couples, but not their kids, who are next door neighbors, I should get to do that. If I want to control two kids who live in the same cul-de-sac but not their families, I should get to do that. If you open up the world (not even full open world, but any level of open), then you should also open up the idea of "households", and not lock players and their sims down geographically.

You tag the sims you want to manage, they get added to your little UI bar. If you travel with some of them past a loading screen, just like currently the other ones stay in your UI but you don't directly interact. But otherwise, all sims in the playable area on your playable roster are playable, and they don't have to share a home to be added to your roster.

This should also add the functionality to be really truly homeless. If play isn't locked to a home lot, then characters shouldn't be either.

After Sims 3 I really thought this was going to be the next step. And I understand the many reasons it didn't go that direction, but it's what I would do now. Even if you only have open "neighborhoods" and not worlds, which honestly might be a better way to go both for optimization and just manageable play, it would still open up gameplay options a TON.

I kind of like this! It is a totally new feature and it would truly bring out a NEW game feeling to me. We need some big improvements and changes when we move from one series to the next. Just multitasking and not fleshed out emotions are just not enough. In The sims 5 I expect BIG changes like how previous games jumped from one to the next and even more.
    This idea of yours is actually great. I would not mind if we still have households though, cause I still want to decide who lives in a certain house or apartment, but I love the idea of deciding which sims you want to control and even the option to control multiple sims from different households at the same time. This would be great for rotational players and there are a LOT of them in the community. And besides, if you still prefer to just stick with the household you click on, that is fine too. It should just be a extra option and an improvement at the same time. LOVE IT!

It will be be like creating a faux 'household' just for the time being. You see your sims in the screen and you can switch between them and the camera brings you to wherever that sim is.
    It also immediately opens up the option for roommates. You can create any sim in your household into an NPC for the time being by just not adding him/her into your faux household.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Not sure if i posted that already, but there is something lacking in the nostalgia aspect of the Sims series. Most huge franchises have a min theme that play throughout the franchise. Everyone knows the Harry Potter jingles, super heroes themes, or Daernerys family theme. Every new iterations scraps all the music from the pior Sims game and start from scratch, but i think that they should go back to the Sims 1 main theme and reuse it in the future games. Maybe improving it like they did with Sims 3 themes with each new EP.
  • NakkihevariNakkihevari Posts: 22 Member
    Almost all of these have been said, but this is my personal list of things I'd want to see:

- Personality traits that actually matter and affect preferences (in careers, attraction etc.)
    - Open world
    - CAW
    - Create a pattern tool and color wheel
    _ All age groups in the base game
    - Cars and bikes
    - Terrain tools
    - Pools in the base game
    - Atrraction system
    - Favorites and dislikes
    - Wishes/fears
    - Optional story progression
    - A good family tree system
    - Memories
    - Firefighters, police officers and burglars
    - Keep the building system from The Sims 4 with lot traits (or make it even better)
    - Height slider in CAS
    - Different beard and stubble options
    - Body hair
    - Body piercing options
    - Create a tattoo tool
    - Optional gradual aging
    - Row houses and semi-detached houses (also apartment buildings if there isn't going to be an expansion for those)
    - Poor neighborhoods

Basically I'd like a better version of The Sims 3.
    edited September 2019
    Oh and how can I not add this one here: Just look at Paralives and you will learn what we want to see in TS5:

It's main feature should be 'dragging and adjusting ANY objects to ANY size.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEHtQcbAmAQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnf1m0H4vkc&t=0s
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Paralives build mechanic seems great so far, but am I alone in thinking it quite a low poly count? It all looks very faded and low-definition to me. I look forward to seeing more from it though. At some point if it is going to go anywhere as a simulation game rather than a house building game it has to show us the people and how they use and interact with the buildings, environs and furniture.
    LMcGE wrote: »
    Paralives build mechanic seems great so far, but am I alone in thinking it quite a low poly count? It all looks very faded and low-definition to me. I look forward to seeing more from it though. At some point if it is going to go anywhere as a simulation game rather than a house building game it has to show us the people and how they use and interact with the buildings, environs and furniture.

I feel that sometimes too, but it could also be cause the game is still in development and testing modus. The sims 4 looked very different in the early leaks as well. Another thing that I have doubts about is the name and the name of the citizens of Paralives. I mean, I hope for something more quirky and short like The sims though. He surely does an amazing job and actually makes what the players ask for. Super guy!
    I hope he doesn't get death threats from EA, cause it ruins their plans :D
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »

It’s only one guy that’s making it, not a whole team. So it’s gonna take some time for him to create all the different features. He probably only has the rough draft of the ParaFolk mapped out.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    An updated Sims 1 and 2 but with newer graphics, customization, etc...basically going back to their roots in terms of game play but also add new things.

If it can't offer anything new or updated, what's the point? Other games still exist and it would be cheaper than starting all over again and having to wait for years to get things you want in the game. Done that already.