Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Free Pack On The Way?

The title says it all! Now, look at the bottom left corner of this picture, under free stuff.
main-menu.png

Now, look at this picture, in the same spot, also under free stuff.
MainMenuVersion-1024x644.jpg

Do you notice something different? Because I do! Looks like there's going to be a new free pack!
funny-gifs20.gif

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It looks like the family portrait though. But that would be nice.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    It's funny cause the family portrait icon for some reason disappeared in our game. With this redesign they're finally bringing it back?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    It's just the family portrait from TS Mobile. They said a while ago they'd put it up for download once again for the players that weren't able to get it for their games and put an icon on the menu.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's just the family portrait from TS Mobile. They said a while ago they'd put it up for download once again for the players that weren't able to get it for their games and put an icon on the menu.

I wonder when console users are going to get it.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2019
    So is nobody going to mention the new free pack appearing in the screenshots released of the reboot?
    If you look up "sims 4 rebrand", you will find a photo of the main menu. If you look at the "free stuff" section in the corner, you will find, next to Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, a small portrait (it looks like) of 2 people.

Link:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=sims+4+rebrand&rlz=1C1CHBD_enQA798QA798&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyqKf4tbTjAhUd6aYKHR2qDPsQ_AUIECgB&cshid=1563107894190382&biw=1920&bih=970#imgrc=qBxgyop8U4wQJM:

Is this something new or is it something that everyone knows about? Because the same icon doesn't appear in the game currently. If anyone knows what it is, could someone please explain?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I clicked your link but couldn't figure out which picture you are talking about as there are hunderds of renders of the rebrand and people's own art work etc. Which one in that link?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    hermionia wrote: »
    So is nobody going to mention the new free pack appearing in the screenshots released of the reboot?
    If you look up "sims 4 rebrand", you will find a photo of the main menu. If you look at the "free stuff" section in the corner, you will find, next to Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, a small portrait (it looks like) of 2 people.

Link:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=sims+4+rebrand&rlz=1C1CHBD_enQA798QA798&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyqKf4tbTjAhUd6aYKHR2qDPsQ_AUIECgB&cshid=1563107894190382&biw=1920&bih=970#imgrc=qBxgyop8U4wQJM:

Is this something new or is it something that everyone knows about? Because the same icon doesn't appear in the game currently. If anyone knows what it is, could someone please explain?

Edited to see. Edit didn't work so I have no idea which one you mean.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    It's just the family portrait!

sims-mobile-free.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

sims-mobile-free.png

Oh, thank you! Is it only for people with Sims Mobile, or??? Because when I pulled up my game the icon wasn't there.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I clicked your link but couldn't figure out which picture you are talking about as there are hunderds of renders of the rebrand and people's own art work etc. Which one in that link?

just the 2nd result when you search up "sims 4 reboot". It's a picture of the main menu, like I said.
    edited July 2019
    hermionia wrote: »

sims-mobile-free.png

Oh, thank you! Is it only for people with Sims Mobile, or??? Because when I pulled up my game the icon wasn't there.

It was. (they actually removed the icon from the game for some reason in a patch but the object is still part of my account/game)

A lot of people didn't catch that promotion. They may set it up again for newer players.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey - heads up that I merged a couple discussions into one as the topic was the same ;)
  • PerPaniczPerPanicz Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > It's just the family portrait from TS Mobile. They said a while ago they'd put it up for download once again for the players that weren't able to get it for their games and put an icon on the menu.

Oh man! That's great news. Could you post a link to the official message or could you point me to the site, so I could search for myself?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It would be a good addition if playing the new photographic career enabled you to take family photos and frame or sell them and enabling everyone to get their own family photo now.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    With the new look I don't have an icon for the family portrait. Its weird cause I checked and I still have it in game, and it was definitely seen on the maxis monthly screenshot I took when they showed us the new main page. Do you have one?

My screen
    6r9GOmz.png

My portrait is still in game
    BTkpjvk.png

Maxis monthly screen
    bTcQeDM.png
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    No I don’t have it on my screen nor did I do the event to actually get that frame😔
    Nope. Maybe they forgot? o.O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    No I don’t have it on my screen nor did I do the event to actually get that frame😔

I see, I downloaded the mobile game and played it for a wee while, but then it got super repetitive and I deleted it. but I managed to play it during the time they offered the frame. I do believe a modder made it available if you would like it in game. I always size mine down the original size is HUGE lol :D
    Nope. Maybe they forgot? o.O

Its weird, they had it on their screen, perhaps a guru could shed some light on this for us ;)
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I don't have it either but I still have it in game. In fact, I think I only had the icon for a brief time during the event window and then it disappeared. Is it because I uninstalled the sims mobile? Or maybe because it's not available anymore?
    I don't have it either but I still have it in game. In fact, I think I only had the icon for a brief time during the event window and then it disappeared. Is it because I uninstalled the sims mobile? Or maybe because it's not available anymore?

Yeah mine did that too, I just thought since they had one on their screens that we would too. I guess not LOL, at least its still in game. If you size it down then its something nice to have in a house :)
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I didn't get that icon when I uploaded the patch.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i did not get that since i would not give my cell number just for an item
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I did not get the icon as well
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I wouldn't mind having the family portrait but not enough to give out my cell phone number. Hard pass on that. Especially when there are mods out there to add it to the game without giving out private info.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have the family portrait but the icon is missing from the main menu. It still shows up in game, though. I did unlock it by giving my phone number but I never downloaded or installed the app. I wonder if that's why the icon is not there, but I do still have the family portrait.