March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Coming To Consoles July 16th!!!!!! (Now Available)!!!!!!

Comments

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm a 'show-me-the-evidence' kinda gal. I'll wait till something has been said officially before complaining about it... I get where a few people have said an announcement may be made on MM, but this is cutting it a bit close.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    _natalie wrote: »
    I'm a 'show-me-the-evidence' kinda gal. I'll wait till something has been said officially before complaining about it... I get where a few people have said sn announcement may be made on MM, but this is cutting it a bit close.

I'm still going to continue with my countdown. If it changes I'll update. If it does get delayed most likely it will only be by a week.
    5 Days!!!!!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just preordered Island Living on the PlayStation store. It still has a 7/16 release date as of now.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I just preordered Island Living on the PlayStation store. It still has a 7/16 release date as of now.

And I just saw SimsVip is still confirming it for the 16th.

I'm trying to remember. EPs are released at midnight EST? If that's correct, I need to make sure I'm properly caffeinated on Monday night. :)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee

I'm trying to remember. EPs are released at midnight EST? If that's correct, I need to make sure I'm properly caffeinated on Monday night. :)

Not on consoles just on pc.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

For regular console releases yes.

For the Sims I think they still go with the crazy rule of 10 am PT

I wonder if they are having issues getting it by the certification stage with Sony and Microsoft. The console is going to launch with all the bugs pc has.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    It won't be delayed cause you can pre order it so I can't see it
    It won't be delayed cause you can pre order it so I can't see it

SimsVip still says its coming Tuesday so I'm happy.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Again, SimsVIP is not The Official Sims Team. When The Official Sims Team say something about the patch and pack is when I can stop holding my breath.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Again, SimsVIP is not The Official Sims Team. When The Official Sims Team say something about the patch and pack is when I can stop holding my breath.

Origin also still list the 16th as the date so it's legit. That means the update will be Tomorrow or Monday.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member

Reports of Sims not being able to drown are being widely discussed since the new PC patch, but asphyxiation is probably something you should still be worried about.
    4 Days Left!!!!!!
    3 Days!!!!
    I'm getting Rocket League out of my system this weekend, but I'm already working on a new home design for this EP. I can't wait!
    2 Days!!!!!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Although I'm happy that we know when the update is coming, I wish it wasnt on the same day as the pack, because we will need to install the update before we install the pack and plus the time it takes to install the pack, I probably wont be able to play it on Tuesday 😂
    I don't know if The Sims is the same, but I've noticed "midnight" patches for other games are ready for download after 9pm on the west coast. I doubt it will happen, but I can always hope.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    My expansion pack downloaded an hour ago (not unlocked, obviously), and the art in the preview is of the redesign, not the old design when it was announced. Every other expansion still looked the same, as far as I could tell (only looking at the expansions, so can't talk about GPs/SPs).
    edited July 2019
    I don't know if The Sims is the same, but I've noticed "midnight" patches for other games are ready for download after 9pm on the west coast. I doubt it will happen, but I can always hope.

That's for the PC. Consoles don't get EPS at Midnight. Normally they release at 10am Pacific 1pm Eastern. Sims 4 EPs on PC do come out at 9pm Pacific and Midnight on the East Coast.
    edited July 2019
    1 Day Left till Island Living hits the Consoles!!!!! If you don't have it be sure to watch LGRs review on the first post on Page 1.

That's for the PC. Consoles don't get EPS at Midnight. Normally they release at 10am Pacific 1pm Eastern. Sims 4 EPs on PC do come out at 9pm Pacific and Midnight on the East Coast.

Bummer. On the bright side, I have plenty of time tomorrow night to put the finishing touches on my latest build before Tuesday.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited July 2019
    I wish the update was today for both pc and console, then the game would be ready for tomorrow for us consoles players for island living. I've pre ordered my island living, I think I'm going to have to cancel the automatic download for island living, so I know the update is done first. Dont know what would happen if island living is downloaded first without the update, update for the pack and the pack hasn't happened on the same day before.
    I dont know if I should start installing island living.
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I wish the update was today for both pc and console, then the game would be ready for tomorrow for us consoles players for island living. I've pre ordered my island living, I think I'm going to have to cancel the automatic download for island living, so I know the update is done first. Dont know what would happen if island living is downloaded first without the update, update for the pack and the pack hasn't happened on the same day before.
    I dont know if I should start installing island living.

Didn't think about that... :/ I think that as long as you have both the EP and the patch installed before launching the game, there will be no problem.
    And it really depend on how big is the patch... Island Living is 1.2GB on ps4 (IIRC); if the patch is smaller, the download will still probably finish before the EP.
    But I can't tell for sure...
    I hope EA would have warned us if DLCs and patches had to be downloaded in a certain order...
    Is there a SimGuru we could ask about it? I don't have Twitter but maybe some of you may have a way to reach them and ask if it's okay for the patch and EP to be downloaded at the same time...
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.