Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 More Years is now a joke

Comments

• tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    a bit dramatic

Yea but I've noticed lately there are quite being dramatic over minor details.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    And oh my goodness, they are talking about blue light exposure, not the color blue itself. Blue light is an energizing light that is emitted from electronics (even your TV screen) and yes, can cause headaches and even insomnia from too much exposure. But this wouldn't be from a blue loading screen, it would be from spending too much time on your PC or laptop (or smart phone, or tablet, etc.) But guess what? Blue light is also emitted from the sun. And that old question of "why is the sky blue"?... Because blue light.

Please. Stop the madness. It's just marketing, people. It's just marketing.

When we're outside exposed to the sun or looking up at the blue sky, it doesn't give us headaches right?

But on a computer screen it's a lot more concentrated. Flashing a bright blue loading screen every time your sims go to another lot would add to the strain. If they were going to waste money on changing the color and design to rebrand TS4, they should just change the color to something less straining and not so bright. TS2 and TS3 had good loading screens because the colors weren't so glaring. Why can't TS4 do that as well?

It's just maddening that they don't listen and tell us we have to accept changes we never asked for.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    a bit dramatic

Yea but I've noticed lately there are quite being dramatic over minor details.

I mean...when you are in the middle of your play session and this hits you in the face:

1whxl0xeeca31.jpg

You are going to think twice about it ahaha. It's pretty strong especially if you are playing on a poorly lit room at night. Maybe they could have kept the plumbob pattern in the background but instead of gray as a darker shade of blue.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    here is how i would lovingly accept a rebranding... A game gets a huge major update, almost like an overhaul. something that says hey! look, we know you didnt think so, but we heard you, and we are excited. we know you guys have gone without some major features that you loved in previous games and though we couldnt tell you about it until now,

you will finally be getting your customization, your create a world, your story progression... etc etc etc. this one is so good we changed it all, even down to the looks. this is just the beginning, we will continue this trend beyond this update in the spirit of make it your own, not just play with life.

making a game look different to milk it for more money when you do nothing to improve it but give away free items doesnt make the game any better. so why should we do anything but express our opinions on whether we love or hate the colors. yes 1000 new items are nice but what do they do? nothing. they are just decorative. why were they even locked to begin with? oh right, so you'd have a lack of items to get you to spend more money.

sorry to only show up here when im disappointed, but im always disappointed, and sometimes (such as this) im even more disappointed than normal, i dont like the new look, i always liked what we already had. so here i am... again... frustrated.

i know i know. if you dont like it, dont play. believe me, i pretty much dont. but what else should i play? i want to play the sims. what makes you so special that you can have a new sims game that you like and those of us who dont cant. it's not like there is any competition out there. believe me, if there was, i'd be banging on there door.

i'd be more than happy to go back to the sims 3 if it was even playable. another great move... here's our final sims 3 update. the option to turn off the packs that you paid for to use in your game. we suggest you turn them off. pfft.. gee thanks, you tell me to buy this and that and then when i do, you count my money and tell me dont use it. i'm done
    edited July 2019
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    here is how i would lovingly accept a rebranding... A game gets a huge major update, almost like an overhaul. something that says hey! look, we know you didnt think so, but we heard you, and we are excited. we know you guys have gone without some major features that you loved in previous games and though we couldnt tell you about it until now,

you will finally be getting your customization, your create a world, your story progression... etc etc etc. this one is so good we changed it all, even down to the looks. this is just the beginning, we will continue this trend beyond this update in the spirit of make it your own, not just play with life.

making a game look different to milk it for more money when you do nothing to improve it but give away free items doesnt make the game any better. so why should we do anything but express our opinions on whether we love or hate the colors. yes 1000 new items are nice but what do they do? nothing. they are just decorative. why were they even locked to begin with? oh right, so you'd have a lack of items to get you to spend more money.

sorry to only show up here when im disappointed, but im always disappointed, and sometimes (such as this) im even more disappointed than normal, i dont like the new look, i always liked what we already had. so here i am... again... frustrated.

i know i know. if you dont like it, dont play. believe me, i pretty much dont. but what else should i play? i want to play the sims. what makes you so special that you can have a new sims game that you like and those of us who dont cant. it's not like there is any competition out there. believe me, if there was, i'd be banging on there door.

i'd be more than happy to go back to the sims 3 if it was even playable. another great move... here's our final sims 3 update. the option to turn off the packs that you paid for to use in your game. we suggest you turn them off. pfft.. gee thanks, you tell me to buy this and that and then when i do, you count my money and tell me dont use it. i'm done

They are recolours of what we already have and paid for in DLC's.....plus a new hair. It's just one new hair.....And yeah I totally agree.

If it's a rebrand why not change or add certain things in the game itself? Add more depth to it. How about improving traits and AI? How about changing the default emotion to fine or add a fear emotion?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

My Sims 3 game runs just fine with everything installed. And I skipped that last patch.
    5JZ57S6.png

I don't see what's wrong with the option to turn off certain packs in TS3? Sometimes for certain stories, challenges and scenarios, you don't need all the packs. And you can still have all of them on if you choose. I wish that TS4 had that option as well because if a pack is causing problems, if you can turn that off, then you can still play the game and not have those bugs prevent you from continuing on.
    edited July 2019

I don't see what's wrong with the option to turn off certain packs in TS3? Sometimes for certain stories, challenges and scenarios, you don't need all the packs. And you can still have all of them on if you choose. I wish that TS4 had that option as well because if a pack is causing problems, if you can turn that off, then you can still play the game and not have those bugs prevent you from continuing on.

There is such an option. You can use the "advanced launch options" on your Origin to disable certain packs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There is such an option. You canto use the "advanced launch options" on your Origin to disable certain packs.

That's good to know!
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    What about allowing players to choose from different menu and load screen options themselves? Sort of like how different browsers have themes or light/dark modes. That would be awesome.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    Keep the game going for 5 more years is a joke by itself, it doesn't matter if it's with the new or the old UI. Just imagine TS4 in 2024, when most games will be delivering mind blowing graphics, innovative game mechanics, and overall pushing the boundaries of video games, while The Sims 4 will stay with basic graphics, plum AI, shallow gameplay, and loading screens because they still would not know how to make an open world game in 2024.

A joke, a bad one.

except when I suggested that sims 5 should have modern graphics and be more advanced than sims 4 AND Sims 3 i was met with pushback from people saying that they want a cartoony sims 5 , and that they actually dont care if it has open world or not. So not all sims players want the same thing I guess @touchmygaga
    edited July 2019
    What about allowing players to choose from different menu and load screen options themselves? Sort of like how different browsers have themes or light/dark modes. That would be awesome.
    Yes, like here (we can choose what colour we want this forum to have).
    Keep the game going for 5 more years is a joke by itself, it doesn't matter if it's with the new or the old UI. Just imagine TS4 in 2024, when most games will be delivering mind blowing graphics, innovative game mechanics, and overall pushing the boundaries of video games, while The Sims 4 will stay with basic graphics, plum AI, shallow gameplay, and loading screens because they still would not know how to make an open world game in 2024.

A joke, a bad one.

except when I suggested that sims 5 should have modern graphics and be more advanced than sims 4 AND Sims 3 i was met with pushback from people saying that they want a cartoony sims 5 , and that they actually dont care if it has open world or not. So not all sims players want the same thing I guess @touchmygaga
    Graphics have nothing to do with cartoony or not cartoony. And even when not everybody wants open world (often based on experiences with Sims 3’s problemetic version), most people do want seamless neighborhoods.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

A joke, a bad one.

Graphics have nothing to do with cartoony or not cartoony. And even when not everybody wants open world (often based on experiences with Sims 3’s problemetic version), most people do want seamless neighborhoods.

Except when most players say they want better graphics they mean non-cartoony ones.

JoAnne65 wrote: »

A joke, a bad one.

Except when most players say they want better graphics they mean non-cartoony ones.
    Can’t speak for @touchmygaga obviously. Sims 4’s graphics have its shortcomings.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    With all this hate, and how ugly everything is now, the opposite will probably happen with everyone quitting the game. Why change things that are not broke, and not the 1000+ bugs. Eyeroll.

You seem to think most people are dissatisfied, simply from the volume of toxic, hateful posts on these forums. Most people aren't. Sure, there is room for improvement. Sure, bugs need to be fixed. But I am confident that they will be. And Maxis has the numbers on how many people are buying packs and playing the game. It is in fact successful.

Maybe stop projecting your bitterness on others. If you aren't enjoying the game, for goodness sake, play something you do enjoy. That's what games are for.

I'm personally apathetic about the new look, with the exception of the loading screen; I hope the blue is easier on my eyes than the current white (then again, I ususally use loading screens to go refill my water bottle so I don't see it that much anyway). And I'm expecting plenty of bug fixes along with the new look on Tuesday so the arguement that "they should have been working on bug fixes instead of this" won't really wash.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    a bit dramatic

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, several people have already said this, but different groups of people are responsible for branding than bug fixes and new content. It's a bit (but not entirely) like when first person mode came out and it was explicity stated that one of the devs worked on it as a passion project in their free time and people still complained that time and resources were being wasted.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

You seem to think most people are dissatisfied, simply from the volume of toxic, hateful posts on these forums. Most people aren't.

Actually, if you look at all the other forums and discussion threads out there where EA can't control appearances, the dissatisfaction is quite prevalent. TS4 is actually not doing as well as its portrayed here.

You seem to think most people are dissatisfied, simply from the volume of toxic, hateful posts on these forums. Most people aren't.

Actually, if you look at all the other forums and discussion threads out there where EA can't control appearances, the dissatisfaction is quite prevalent. TS4 is actually not doing as well as its portrayed here.

And even still I'd have to say that there are still many happy players. I myself was quite unhappy with lacking features in IL, but am I unhappy with Sims 4 as a whole? No.

And even still I'd have to say that there are still many happy players. I myself was quite unhappy with lacking features in IL, but am I unhappy with Sims 4 as a whole? No.

Oh I take it you're not offended at me anymore since you read my post? I can take you off unignore if you like.

Yes, even if some people are happy with the game, there's still quite a lot of dissatisfaction with it. More and more people are voicing that they wish EA would just move on to TS5 already.

• Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Lol, my prediction: the new design will be the new normal by next Saturday.

probably. thanks to the players taht are fine with everything no matter what...

Oh I take it you're not offended at me anymore since you read my post? I can take you off unignore if you like.

Yes, even if some people are happy with the game, there's still quite a lot of dissatisfaction with it. More and more people are voicing that they wish EA would just move on to TS5 already.

Lol, you can do whatever you'd like. Im just saying what I think. Theres lots of unhappy people sure, but many more are enjoying the game as is and excited for more content. Ive had moments where I was feeling negative but overall i am looking forward to the future of this game.

Lol, you can do whatever you'd like. Im just saying what I think. Theres lots of unhappy people sure, but many more are enjoying the game as is and excited for more content. Ive had moments where I was feeling negative but overall i am looking forward to the future of this game.

That's cool. If they're going to rebrand this TS4, I'm thinking that it is quite possible that they will also develop and release TS5 even while they are still producing packs for TS4 in order to recapture the rest of the veteran simmers who either rejected this game from the beginning or have given up on it entirely. It's not impossible for EA to fund both games and have them run at the same time. They have the money to do this. TS4 already feels like a spin-off of The Sims with its rebranding and new designs!

I hope that this is the way it will be because if they keep their other simmers who don't want TS4 waiting for TS5 for more years, they're just going to go with the competition which hasn't been idle. If they release TS5 while still making packs for TS4, then everybody would be happy.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    And oh my goodness, they are talking about blue light exposure, not the color blue itself. Blue light is an energizing light that is emitted from electronics (even your TV screen) and yes, can cause headaches and even insomnia from too much exposure. But this wouldn't be from a blue loading screen, it would be from spending too much time on your PC or laptop (or smart phone, or tablet, etc.) But guess what? Blue light is also emitted from the sun. And that old question of "why is the sky blue"?... Because blue light.

When we're outside exposed to the sun or looking up at the blue sky, it doesn't give us headaches right?

But on a computer screen it's a lot more concentrated. Flashing a bright blue loading screen every time your sims go to another lot would add to the strain. If they were going to waste money on changing the color and design to rebrand TS4, they should just change the color to something less straining and not so bright. TS2 and TS3 had good loading screens because the colors weren't so glaring. Why can't TS4 do that as well?

It's just maddening that they don't listen and tell us we have to accept changes we never asked for.

Blue light is not more concentrated from electronic devices. It's more powerful from the sun. If you were to look at the sun, you'd have problems, lol. But blue light does somewhat effect energy and "awakeness", which is why it is recommended that people don't use screened electronics an hour before going to bed. I guess it can actually disrupt melatonin levels. Spending excessive amounts of time at your computer or on your phone is what exposes people to too much blue light. But making the loading screen blue does no harm except be annoying and ugly. I mean, Windows has used the same blue for longer than the Sims has existed. No one was straining or fainting or grabbing their heads every time they booted their computers, lol.

I agree that the blue loading screen is obnoxious. Having it be generic Windows-blue-screen-of-death blue is almost comical in how bad that decision was. It's like people are going to wonder if their game is crashing every time they change lots, lol. I'd say that the current "unfinished white" look is still better than that blue screen.

#Team Occult

Blue light is not more concentrated from electronic devices. It's more powerful from the sun. If you were to look at the sun, you'd have problems, lol. But blue light does somewhat effect energy and "awakeness", which is why it is recommended that people don't use screened electronics an hour before going to bed. I guess it can actually disrupt melatonin levels. Spending excessive amounts of time at your computer or on your phone is what exposes people to too much blue light. But making the loading screen blue does no harm except be annoying and ugly. I mean, Windows has used the same blue for longer than the Sims has existed. No one was straining or fainting or grabbing their heads every time they booted their computers, lol.

I agree that the blue loading screen is obnoxious. Having it be generic Windows-blue-screen-of-death blue is almost comical in how bad that decision was. It's like people are going to wonder if their game is crashing every time they change lots, lol. I'd say that the current "unfinished white" look is still better than that blue screen.

It's just a solid block of bright blue. I think that's what makes people's eyes hurt. They need to break it up with a pattern like a plumbob or something.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

It's just a solid block of bright blue. I think that's what makes people's eyes hurt. They need to break it up with a pattern like a plumbob or something.

I totally agree. I'm kind of baffled that they had an opportunity to actually put something on the loading screen - something that could have worked as more of a buffer while we wait to load lots, like a picture or animation or something or even a snapshot of the current Sim traveling, like Sims 2 did - but they went with the most generic option possible. I mean, not even a nice, tranquil, pastel gradient blue, or a deep indigo. Nope. PC death blue. :s
    #Team Occult
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top