Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 More Years is now a joke

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    This doesn't affect and change the way people play? Ahah... some people talk like theres no hundreds of loading screens during gameplay. PLEASE!

Oh gosh.... I'm a live game player and tend to have my sims visit many lots per sim day. That would be a NIGHTMARE!

Same here :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    pfff...I do not care about how the menu or the loading screens look, don't see what the big deal is.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    IMO the new design is beautiful. I don't understand the outrage. :| The Sims team is doing a great job. <3
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I don't understand the outrage. :|
    You may notice it (after getting into game if not from the screenshots) when your eyes get strained from getting in main menu and through loading screen sections, I. If not, I suspect this is a "varies between people" thing where not everyone is susceptible to the over saturated visual color difference or it just doesn't affect everybody eyesight health. Still, an toggling option (a system which gurus for some reasom seem always to oppose or not look into it) to switch between old and new screen-filter-thing would be welcome and win-win for everyone.

At times, when Im browsing the forum at night, the green does annoy my eyes even when I'm with prescribed glasses.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Just the first day of the announcement alone I was scrolling through their responses on Twitter and there are people who are leaving or don't know if they'll be able to continue playing because of the changes for health reasons. Some were actually hoping for a dark mode because the screen was already a bit much already for either people with eye problems or migraine suffers. This makes things worse for them, unfortunatley.

And Twitter, which they pay a lot of attention to had a ton of negative feedback. I don't usually see that much when it comes to this game. This is the same place where people squealed in excitement over a shelf recolor. Usually the negative people get drowned out but this was overwhelmingly unpopular even by people who are usually overwhelmingly positive about Sims 4, not to mention it's completely unnecessary because it already looked good. At that time they only responded to the 2 or 3 positive comments I saw.

If they want to show that they're committed to the Sims 4 they could've used the money spent on rebranding and put that towards fixing problems within the game. Besides the new covers for the packs I wouldn't mind all that much as a player but I get feeling like they aren't listening at all to more important concerns that can be gamebreaking depending on the player. If I went to any place of business with something I bought that was broken because of something they did or didn't do and after years of waiting on them to fix it they show me that so far they've barely fixed the problems but they did change the color of the label or wrapper it had on it, I'd probably be angry too.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    Lol, my prediction: the new design will be the new normal by next Saturday.

Exactly. It's a superficial change. People are already over it. I don't know of anyone who stopped playing a game because they didn't like the packaging, lol.

No, the following is not the only article that explains why companies pick a particular color, but all or any article you find will tell you blue as a choice is because it builds trustworthy feelings in buyers no matter what it is. There is a physological reason they pick particular colors. And always have been with this game.

https://smallbiztrends.com/2014/06/psychology-of-colors.html
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just found this article on color and headaches:

There's a section about blue light:

THE EFFECTS OF BLUE LIGHT
    Blue has been proven to be one of the most stressful colors of lights on the spectrum. Most electronics emit blue light. With the vast majority of the population using computers, tablets, laptops and cell phones on a regular basis, their exposure to blue light is astronomical.

Exposure to both blue and red forms of light can actually increase headache pain. If a person has a tendency to experience chronic headaches after working at their desk all day, the problem may not be their workload or stress from the day’s events. It may be the constant emission of blue light that they expose themselves to on a daily basis.

Learning to take frequent breaks and reduce the constant exposure to blue light emissions from your electronic devices may be a good start to reducing the frequency of chronic headaches.

You will constantly see bright blue loading screens if you play TS4 in live mode and want to utilize as many lots per sim day like I do. I get the feeling that the marketing team didn't do proper research when they redesigned the loading screen.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    With all this hate, and how ugly everything is now, the opposite will probably happen with everyone quitting the game. Why change things that are not broke, and not the 1000+ bugs. Eyeroll.

Oh oh! I know this one.

Because it wasn't the gurus that designed it, and therefore, they were still working on the bugs!

To be honest there is a team of tech (HQ) people that work on the bugs - Nick and his team - so generally it's not the devs doing that. The devs work on the game stuff to come. Players keep blaming the devs when bugs don't get fixed - unfairly - it's not their job technically. Nor does making new content interfere with bug fixing - most of the time. It is not an either/or choice but both can be done at the same time.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    edited July 2019
    For me the new loading screen and start sceen is fine. I don't mind how it looks but just the fact that they take time and money when they could use it a lot better. Like we get theses expansions that are truly lacking to the point that i don't even want them anymore and i don't even sometimes want to play this game or packs that i have already bought. Why? Because i feel so let down by these packs.
    Also those new sims feel a bit boring. They are (i guess) all young adult and look like kinda basic pretty sims. I would want gurus make unique, different and interesting sims. Not just basic sims. And i think sims is going to be even more to teen and kids. Whit everything sensured and kids humor.
    I think older sims versions were fun for young and also for adults.
    But as a age of 23 this game feel way too childish for me and i sometimes even cringe to my self if i watch new sims trailer or play. It's not the case whit older versions. But hey, atleast my 3 year old sister is super exited when she looks this game
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Maybe a bit dramatic for you but the thought goes a bit deeper than the issue at hand as there are bugs that have been in the game longer than time can tell and a rebranding happens no time at all and most want most of the bugs addressed and not depend on mods to fix what is the responsibility of the developer that is what some are posting about.

Bugs have nothing to do with the rebranding though. The graphic artists responsible for the rebrand probably don't know how to code (because they're graphic artists... not game developers.) Therefore the assumption that this rebrand came at the cost of bug fixes is bewildering to me.

I mean don't get me wrong. I think the rebrand is ugly and I don't think there's anybody that wants to see bug fixes more than I do. But yeah, I do think to say that active players will quit because the loading screens are ugly is dramatic.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    edited July 2019
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I don't understand the outrage. :|
    You may notice it (after getting into game if not from the screenshots) when your eyes get strained from getting in main menu and through loading screen sections, I. If not, I suspect this is a "varies between people" thing where not everyone is susceptible to the over saturated visual color difference or it just doesn't affect everybody eyesight health. Still, an toggling option (a system which gurus for some reasom seem always to oppose or not look into it) to switch between old and new screen-filter-thing would be welcome and win-win for everyone.

At times, when Im browsing the forum at night, the green does annoy my eyes even when I'm with prescribed glasses.
    lt's the bright white that bothered my eyes - I have Migraine with Aura caused by photo-phobia so white brightness is a problem - but loading is super fast in my pc so was never long there anyway. Neither was or is a big issue to me anyway. I care more what happens in the game itself....

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited July 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    Maybe a bit dramatic for you but the thought goes a bit deeper than the issue at hand as there are bugs that have been in the game longer than time can tell and a rebranding happens no time at all and most want most of the bugs addressed and not depend on mods to fix what is the responsibility of the developer that is what some are posting about.

Bugs have nothing to do with the rebranding though. The graphic artists responsible for the rebrand probably don't know how to code (because they're graphic artists... not game developers.) Therefore the assumption that this rebrand came at the cost of bug fixes is bewildering to me.

I mean don't get me wrong. I think the rebrand is ugly and I don't think there's anybody that wants to see bug fixes more than I do. But yeah, I do think to say that active players will quit because the loading screens are ugly is dramatic.

Not even the devs fix bugs nowadays - the HQ tech team fixes the bugs - so people just like complaining if you ask me or they'd know this. Always cracks me up when we get new stuff and people yell they want bug fixes at the devs - yet the devs and tech team are two different departments. Why yell at the devs anyway - or the artists - they don't fix bugs.... unless they happen when they are making something new for the pack.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

Not even the devs fix bugs nowadays - the HQ tech team fixes the bugs - so people just like complaining if you ask me or they'd know this. Always cracks me up when we get new stuff and people yell they want bug fixes at the devs - yet the devs and tech team are two different departments. Why yell at the devs anyway - or the artists - they don't fix bugs.... unless they happen when they are making something new for the pack.

Because gurus communicate whit players on twitter, twitch or here etc. It's much easier to say it to them so they can tell other teams who worked whit that feature.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Part of the problem may lie with the implications of the rebranding. If TS4 is in final stages to be replaced in a couple of years by TS5, why bother? However, if TS4 is going to be with us for many more years (as I've seen in some guru posts elsewhere), then some sort of rebranding makes sense. Like half-time break at at football game. Even if there are only 4 packs per year, that makes 20 new packs after 2019. That's a lot of space on hard drives, data for CPU's and video cards to wade through, and enough bugs for two swamps. We've already got the Everglades, so I guess it's on the the Great Dismal in Carolina.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Lol, my prediction: the new design will be the new normal by next Saturday.

Exactly. It's a superficial change. People are already over it. I don't know of anyone who stopped playing a game because they didn't like the packaging, lol.

No, the following is not the only article that explains why companies pick a particular color, but all or any article you find will tell you blue as a choice is because it builds trustworthy feelings in buyers no matter what it is. There is a physological reason they pick particular colors. And always have been with this game.

https://smallbiztrends.com/2014/06/psychology-of-colors.html

Lots of companies use particular colors this way and have for years, this is nothing new nor is it isolated to Sims 4. Therapists and mental health facilities and even preschools have used the color blue because it has been believed to have a calming effect on the brain. It's not a mind control conspiracy.
    I just found this article on color and headaches:

There's a section about blue light:

THE EFFECTS OF BLUE LIGHT
    Blue has been proven to be one of the most stressful colors of lights on the spectrum. Most electronics emit blue light. With the vast majority of the population using computers, tablets, laptops and cell phones on a regular basis, their exposure to blue light is astronomical.

Exposure to both blue and red forms of light can actually increase headache pain. If a person has a tendency to experience chronic headaches after working at their desk all day, the problem may not be their workload or stress from the day’s events. It may be the constant emission of blue light that they expose themselves to on a daily basis.

Learning to take frequent breaks and reduce the constant exposure to blue light emissions from your electronic devices may be a good start to reducing the frequency of chronic headaches.

You will constantly see bright blue loading screens if you play TS4 in live mode and want to utilize as many lots per sim day like I do. I get the feeling that the marketing team didn't do proper research when they redesigned the loading screen.

And oh my goodness, they are talking about blue light exposure, not the color blue itself. Blue light is an energizing light that is emitted from electronics (even your TV screen) and yes, can cause headaches and even insomnia from too much exposure. But this wouldn't be from a blue loading screen, it would be from spending too much time on your PC or laptop (or smart phone, or tablet, etc.) But guess what? Blue light is also emitted from the sun. And that old question of "why is the sky blue"?... Because blue light.

Please. Stop the madness. It's just marketing, people. It's just marketing.
    #Team Occult
    Salem witch hysteria, Salem, Ma 1692.

EA marketing hysteria, Sims 4 forums, 2019.
    #Team Occult
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Comparing a witch hunt to some outrage on a forum might be slightly hysterical in itself :D

There were no witches in Salem. The redesign exists and it's terrible. :lol:
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Comparing a witch hunt to some outrage on a forum might be slightly hysterical in itself :D

There were no witches in Salem. The redesign exists and it's terrible. :lol:

Agree on both counts.

I thought it was pretty hysterical. :D
    #Team Occult
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Fully agree. Even Henry Ford realized eventually that he couldn't make the Model T indefinitely. In his case it was because Chevrolet began eating his lunch. And this mess is from the same outfit that revolutionized gaming with TS1, and then pushed the envelpe even more with TS2. Time for someone to eat EA's lunch.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Keep the game going for 5 more years is a joke by itself, it doesn't matter if it's with the new or the old UI. Just imagine TS4 in 2024, when most games will be delivering mind blowing graphics, innovative game mechanics, and overall pushing the boundaries of video games, while The Sims 4 will stay with basic graphics, plum AI, shallow gameplay, and loading screens because they still would not know how to make an open world game in 2024.

A joke, a bad one.

At this point they should rebrand the entire game to call it MySims 2. I honestly can't fit this game in the main series. Its ridiculous now and in 5 year will be a joke! Thanks EA for destroying another good franchise. Honestly, TS4 maybe never die for newer players but this kinda of death for us simmers that dislike the game is more sad and hurts more than the death of SimCity because at least that game despite big problems it maintained simcity charm and the community was united till the end. Now I feel like The Sims have two different communities.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Fully agree. Even Henry Ford realized eventually that he couldn't make the Model T indefinitely. In his case it was because Chevrolet began eating his lunch. And this mess is from the same outfit that revolutionized gaming with TS1, and then pushed the envelpe even more with TS2. Time for someone to eat EA's lunch.

EA felt like a completely different company back then. Whether it was a change in values or skill set, I don't know.

I say it all the time, but it's worth reiterating.. There is an unmatched level of quality to The Sims 2. The game just works. Queues and actions move so smoothly with zero delay, the developers were keen on implementing gameplay that was fun and had very high replay value, it felt like an actual life simulator, the creative tools were very good for the time, and so on. I really don't know what changed from then to now, but the fact The Sims 4 can't even get the basics of actions, queuing, and time functions working is a problem.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    You'll all get used to it after 3 years or more has passed. :p

If anything needs a re-brand it's the forum colours. We need a darkscreen mode or choice of colour backgrounds. I'm surprised that Simmers complaining of migraines are still coming here. :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    You'll all get used to it after 3 years or more has passed. :p

If anything needs a re-brand it's the forum colours. We need a darkscreen mode or choice of colour backgrounds. I'm surprised that Simmers complaining of migraines are still coming here. :)

There's a white version :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top