Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making pre-made sims occult

I have a lot of sims in my gallery that I would love to make occult when the time comes, such as various Harry Potter characters. However, with the current system, the only way to create occult sims in CAS is from scratch. This means that when Realm of Magic comes out and hopefully introduces witches and wizards, I have to either make all the characters over again, or manually turn them in-game, in order for them to become occult at all. Neither of these paths are ideal. And I'm probably not alone, either - many people have probaby found some nice sims to play with in the gallery, but they are the wrong species.

My suggestion is that we should be able to costumize the species of the sim the same way we custumize the gender, voice, age etc: in the custumization panel. It's only a small change, but it would massively improve the CAS creation of occult sims.

Comments

• KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2019
    I was thinking the same way too

I made these occult stats and Motives out of photoshop of what they look like when custom occult

https://sims4occultccmod.tumblr.com/post/186274166426

@Lissmels
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I’d like this too.

In the meantime, you can quickly turn premade sims into occults in live mode (though not in CAS) with the following cheats (you need to have testingcheats on first):

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire
    traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien
    traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2019
    Can we fix the occults sims category for custom content @MaggieMarley

Are you good at mod or cc
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    @UndeadNinjabit I’m not sure if it would be possible to mod this in. I don’t think anyone’s done it yet. Sadly I’m not a modder so this lies outside my realm of expertise!
  • LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2019
    I’d like this too.

In the meantime, you can quickly turn premade sims into occults in live mode (though not in CAS) with the following cheats (you need to have testingcheats on first):

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire
    traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien
    traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid

Thank you for sharing :) I wish we didn't have to use cheats though, many of my harry potter sims are uploaded to the gallery, and after realm of magic comes out they're not going to be attractive anymore because they're not occults and the simmers can't make them occult without the fuss that follows :neutral: Another thing I wish we could do: edit our shared gallery items
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2019
    So you mean cas.fulleditmode to be always on essentially? But even with that cheat on you can change the life state... Perhaps it would be easier to swap life state traits in cas. Cause I'm sort of in the same boat.

I don't mind using cheats, Since the pre-made sims I created who are intended to be Magic/Supernatural already started living without magic. So I decided, why we wait for the Jordan family to get their Werewolf powers, and the Castor family to get their Magic. we just play them as humans, get their relationships built, their skills, and careers, cheat in traits, and other stuff so I can just focus on their actual storylines once I finally get all the pieces together. and then when that time finally comes I'll just do one final cheat:
    traits.equip_trait Mystic(Sorcerer/Witch/Wizard/Prophet/Enchanter/Summoner/Alchemist/etc)/Werewolf/Vampire.

But either way Either cheat in live mode or, Go back into CAS it's essentially the same result.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    @MasonGamer but you can't change the life state of a sim in CAS, and that's what I want to be able to do. I'm fine with cheats too but it would be nice if you didn't have to go through the whole cheat process in order to turn them. If you found a family in the gallery hou wanted go be mermaids, but it turns out they're vampires, it would be nice if you could just change it in CAS instead of going through all the fuss in live mode of first curing them one by one and then turn them afterwards :neutral:

And also there are many simmers who prefer not cheating, and this feature would be especially helpful to them :blush:
  • XerxesDrageXerxesDrage Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="MasonGamer;c-17160962"]So you mean cas.fulleditmode to be always on essentially? But even with that cheat on you can change the life state... Perhaps it would be easier to swap life state traits in cas. Cause I'm sort of in the same boat.

I don't mind using cheats, Since the pre-made sims I created who are intended to be Magic/Supernatural already started living without magic. So I decided, why we wait for the Jordan family to get their Werewolf powers, and the Castor family to get their Magic. we just play them as humans, get their relationships built, their skills, and careers, cheat in traits, and other stuff so I can just focus on their actual storylines once I finally get all the pieces together. and then when that time finally comes I'll just do one final cheat:
    traits.equip_trait Mystic(Sorcerer/Witch/Wizard/Prophet/Enchanter/Summoner/Alchemist/etc)/Werewolf/Vampire.

But either way Either cheat in live mode or, Go back into CAS it's essentially the same result.
    [/quote]

How do you know if it worked?