Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a glitch or something new?

roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
I wasn’t sure of where to put this but I’m sure that this only just happened recently so I am assuming it was because of island living. Occasionally sims will come into my home (because I invited them in) and then strangely they continue to stay there for about 2 days? They will also sleep in my sim’s bed and take showers, eat food from the fridge and etc. I am able to ask them to leave or at least most of the guests but as of right now, I don’t see the option. Is there a new aspect to this game where this happens or is this definitely a glitch? I don’t think my house has any lot traits either, at least I don’t think? Oh and don’t say I should just not invite them in since my sims love company but this specifically is rather strange... :D

Sorry in advance of this thread has to be moved.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2019
    It is a glitch. I had that happen in my game, but it was a few months ago when I had it happen to me. In my case, my sim was living across the street from the BFF Household in Willow Creek. Summer Holiday came over and did exactly what you mentioned in your post. I even sent my sim to another lot causing a loading screen. When my sim got back she was still there. I managed to get her out of the house and off of the lot, and I locked the doors so she couldn't get back in. She just stood there for several days. What I ended up doing in that case was I went to manage world, and I merged Summer Holiday in with another household, in a completely different neighborhood and town. That caused her to finally leave.
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    I had that happen with the maid. He just stayed and stayed. I was this close to killing him, lol. Had to make him an active Sim and make him leave. After that, he never returned as a maid, so I had to cancel the service, wait a day, and hire a new maid. So annoying.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Sorry I can't contribute anything to the solution of this problem, I just wanted to say that the title of this topic made me laugh. :D

"Is this a glitch or a feature?" - Yeah, exactly the question I ask myself a lot regarding TS4. :D Still love the game, though!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes, this is annoying. I’ve mostly noticed it in Sulani. Can’t find “ask to leave” nor “goodbye” in socials.
  • ParallelSimsParallelSims Posts: 5 New Member
    This is partly because of the new community feeling in Sulani. Sims are supposed to come over more and bring spare food. But I think them staying over night and into the next day is a glitch.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I got this bug after installing Island Living. While I appreciate having helpful neighbors, the way they raid fridges, sleep in the only bed on the lot and move in for days on end, isn't exactly my idea of friendly neighbors. Sulani might be an island but there is still the expectation that personal privacy should be respected. Unfortunately, the worst offenders have simply vanished, never to be seen again. Personally, I think the sharks are responsible for these disappearances. >:)
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yes, I've had to lock the door to keep them from coming in.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've seen this in Sulani too. I use MCC and generally make them leave through the cheat option on it plus I lock my sims doors for everyone but household members. It still happens to me in San Myshuno too.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Glad to learn it's a glitch because my Global Superstar's mother is Erratic and she showed up one day and she just keeps hanging around. Took a shower in the rain outside of his home, but inside the fence. Weird, since he's usually got his Stan and a few Paparazzi hanging around, too. But his Mama is a strange bird, but funny as all get out! I worry about her spending so many days in the rain, however.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    There's a bug report here for unwanted house guests/npcs who won't go home. Please hit the 'me-too' button if you have this in your game; it helps QA prioritize bug-fixes. :smile: