Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else wish 'follow' was an option?

Have you ever come across a poster who just had awesome ideas, and great posts? So much so, that you wish you could click follow, and check in from time to time, to see what they've done. Or even add them all friend for more Sim talk?

I haven't seen this as an option, which is a letdown. Because some people have ideas that are so amazing, but they get lost in the crush. And you don't see them again. Or not for awhile.

Anyone else wish they had that option?
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Anyone else wish 'follow' was an option? 47 votes

Yes, totally .
36%
Akl500PStrangerthanldmarkomadmadam59KathykinsDeKayScobreLiELFShadyLady89ChazzzyhappyopizefroncitysimmertriniwayPreCiiousCheetahAlyssaRouensims 17 votes
No, I'm okay with how it is.
36%
Bluegayleirishluck1986BabykittyjadeSindocat5782341b77vlannaliese39EnkiSchmidtCupidGrumpyGlowfishNorthDakotaGamerbirdonawireRae357Evie0602brenleedeeListentoToppDoggsofasimhermionia 17 votes
Maybe.
25%
HimRumiphantasmkissadduapinaFanPhoriaBlueR0sealyssa123afai1261JC1979QueenofMyshunoizecsonSharoniaBecka28 12 votes
This does exist, and you just don't know about it. I'll comment below to let you know.
2%
catmando830 1 vote

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am an old-school stalker. If someone has a post that really grabs me, I'll hop to their profile, and find their posts from there. ;)

I wouldn't mind it, but neither have I found myself wishing for the feature.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes, totally .
    Yea I was just wondering the other day how many people would have followed me by now if the option were available. They should for sure add it!
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Maybe.
    I did go looking for a follow button once, but when I didn't find it, I bookmarked a couple threads by the person and followed them on Tumblr instead. Like Sindocat, I wouldn't mind it, but I'm okay the way things are.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not really. If I did, I'd just PM them.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Yes, totally .
    Yep, I think it will be great.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes, totally .
    That would be kind of cool. I actually wish there was some sort of way to add friends on here like you can with Twitch and Discord.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Maybe.
    I think it would be good IF nobody could see who was following them and nobody could see how many followers anyone had. Because when that happens, it just turns into a competition and ego thing and changes the way people use the site and the way they post in many cases (like only posting at certain times when everyone is on, and only posting things that make them popular, etc.). That kind of thing could ruin the site for me.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Maybe.
    I do found some user in here post mostly meaningful posts and would like to follow them but I just want it to be more private like they didnt know who followed them or whom I follow.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Voted No because I personally don't need it. This forum is so big and has so many users that I can barely even keep track of who wrote what, let alone have favourite users. (As for the people I've blocked, though, I do remember why.) I wouldn't mind it being implemented, it's just not something I would use.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes, totally .
    There are a few posters in some of the gameplay threads that have some pretty fantastic story lines going, one's is especially hilarious, but there's also a lot of chatter going on in some of those threads these days. Not that that's a problem, I'm happy to see simmers enjoying each others efforts & complementing each other on their gameplay, but it does make for a lot of posts to comb through to find your favorite stories. If we could follow simmers, we could automatically get updates on their latest posts & go straight to them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I came in here expecting this to be about sims being able to follow each other since it's in the GD rather than forum feedback lol

But anyway, I just don't really see the need for it in a forum like this. It's a very small community and it's mostly the same people posting all the time. Even when I leave for months and return, it's still mostly the same people. It's quite easy to keep track of people and topics here as is.

More options never hurt though, I guess. I think the feature would go completely unused for me, though. If anyone was going to do work on the forum there are other things I'd rather see instead.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    As much as I wish we COULD have a "FOLLOW" button (or feature) on posts, I had to go with "NO" because, well, take a GOOD look at it for a minute. Notice what we have LEFT?

FLAG . QUOTE . INSIGHTFUL . LIKE . AWESOME .

We no longer have the LOL or the DISAGREE buttons. Kinda surprised that we have THAT many options left to be honest! The whole thing was that people were "abusing the LOL button" . The best example I can give was in the OFF TOPIC section - if someone type that their grandmother had died - someone would punch that LOL. As for the DISAGREE, I am guessing that disagreement started rage wars on various topics.

Without the DISAGREE button, the AGREE was merely converted into LIKE, and to make up for the loss of LOL, we got AWESOME.

I wish we could have a "FOLLOW", but it would be just one more thing that they would just take away from us.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Maybe.
    I don't think I care either way. I don't think I would use it myself but if others would like it then I don't see why not.