Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off The Grid Lot Trait; Missing Potential or Foundation for what’s to come?

With the announcement of the Island Living Pack, the sims team has released two new Lot traits one of which is the long awaited Off The Grid Lot Trait. However the new Lot Trait has little to nothing that coincides with it. The only packs that contribute are Laundry Day, and Outdoor Retreat (these two have items that make sense). It is still lacking though! Water can’t be replaced in the wash tub, and there is so much gameplay that can go into it.

So, that leaves us to ask: Is there more to come or did the sims team think this was enough?

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i think there will be more to come, whether in dlc or a free release i think we're gonna get some form of off the grid items like solar panels and windmills etc
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Off The Grid was part of the free update though, not a part of IL, which leads me to believe it was leftover from when they were putting together Laundry Day.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I think that its the foundation for more content in the future.
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Off The Grid was part of the free update though, not a part of IL, which leads me to believe it was leftover from when they were putting together Laundry Day.

I do believe that this is the case. Items released in Laundry Day go hand in hand with off the grid so I just hope they will do more with it, because right now it just doesn’t make sense.
  • GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    I think it was just leftover from the Laundry Day pack. But, it did come via Free Update for everybody. Which leads me to believe that there is more to come for it. Pretty much any pack they release now could potentially build upon that trait. Since it's not released via Island Living, only the base game is required with latest patch of course. So, I could see "Off The Grid" reaching new heights within the future. Wishful thinking maybe, because I love that idea of being off the grid.
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I've been thinking about Off the Grid living. There are plenty of remote parts of the world that already have to work this way. They have things like generators, two-way radios, turbines, all of these could be added to an OtG SP. There are also things like wind-up radios and satellite dishes to access the outside world / entertainment. Part of me wonders if these could be added to a farming pack, which would fit, but it would have to be an EP because I really want it to have its own world, new animals, plants, the ability to own fields/pastures/orchards in the way we can own business premises at present. I also want to see more rural and county activities and they just will not include all of these things, not and add new gameplay, occupation, skills, aspirations and traits. That seems like far too much considering how limited newer packs have been.

So an OtG SP with some key items and perhaps a small gameplay, like with laundry day, could really sort that out.