Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favourite active career?

13...Next

Comments

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Self-employment (specify in comments)
    My sims are often unemployed though they have unofficial titles like professional gambler, tomb raider, or miner. I have a mechanic in my current game that fixes up and resells the classically cool fixer-upper car which is bringing a good amount of simoleons into the household.

If I'm going with an active career it's usually magician.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Would've said Paranormal, but sadly, I did not take care of poor Sam and Dean well enough back then, so...

I still liked the careers in this version, they had a better sense of creativity, but being self-employed is best because you get more flexible hours and time with the family to explore what 3 had to offer. My sims made a pretty decent living by simply Writing, Painting, and collecting on weekends. I suppose another good way is to buy venues, but I found this to be a little bland. Sometimes I wonder why some people like cheats to add money, lol.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Self-employment because you have open hours and it gives your Sim time to do other things besides just working.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Firefighter
    Wow I thought more people would've voted for Firefighter. :p

But yeah the Self-employed way really is the way to go for the most part. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Stylist
    Although I love making my Sims artists, Stylist ended up being my go-to career, especially a couple generations into play. It makes beautifying the town easy!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • blueamberblueamber Posts: 32 Member
    Stylist
    Stylist for sureeee, I hate the default outfits that NPC's are given aha
  • AwkwardElfAwkwardElf Posts: 18 Member
    Architect
    I love the architect career, I usually freshen up the whole house a little on the job to make those ugly starter homes more beautiful !
    AnxiousPeacefulBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Stylist
    I always have fun with the Stylist career.
  • PlayerRayLeePlayerRayLee Posts: 5 New Member
    I voted for self employment because I love my sims being painters and as their skill increased their paintings were better quality and they sell for more coins. I like the gardening because they can sell the produce and make coins that way too. I like they make their own schedule and my sims can get more things done that I want them to do.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2019
    Self employment, My sims have never worked in a career since sims 1, except for 1 who was adopted and was a Detective. My sims make money by painting, writing, fishing, collecting etc.
    By the way how do you get that little colored box before your name after you vote and post.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Ghost Hunter
    I really enjoy the self employed careers but my fav is still Ghost Hunter! Love the music, the awesome gadgets and just talking to the dead. Firefighter is a close second for an already laid out career but for some reason I keep getting fired around the 5th level! Need to play the Stylist and Architect a bit more.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Ghost Hunter
    Ghost hunter, followed by daycare. I've never been a fan of the paranormal, but I love the ghost hunter profession! I used it a lot when I first got ambitions (in 2011, not 2010).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • PricklyTrashPricklyTrash Posts: 7 New Member
    Ghost Hunter
    Silly me didn't read all the way though and chose Ghost Hunter, before realizing the Self-Employed option, lmao!

I typically go the Self-Employed route for my Sims, typically the Alchemist career, because I love the Supernatural expansion and playing with a witch is one of my favorite things to do in games.

However, the Ghost Hunter career is a lot of fun! Anytime a call comes in, I just want to play the Ghostbusters theme on loop until the job is finished. (I don't really do that, otherwise it'd be trapped in my head ALL DAY.) Plus, the ghosts look so pretty trapped in their little jars!!

I haven't really played much of the others... Stylist I did a bit of, but got annoyed when they'd ask for certain things that made no sense, then got mad because I didn't understand them. Though, it's quite hilarious purposefully making a certain victi- I mean, Sim look horrendous and they actually like it. XD
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited July 2019
    Architect
    This was a tough one because I love most of these. I went with the Architect but it's a close call between that and the Singer.
    I do believe the active careers were well done and well chosen.
    1. The Architect career is a lovely way of redesigning some of the houses, one small step at a time. I also enjoy the ability to put self-made sculptures or pictures in the houses.
    2. The Stylist career, similar to the Architect, allows you to gradually make over some of the residents bit by bit but also caters for the slightly wackier side of the game.
    3. I've never really played the Ghost Buster or Firefighter careers, so I can't really comment on them.
    4. The changes made to the Medical career are wonderful and I've enjoyed making use of some of them in careers of my own later on. I like that this is a part-rabbithole, part-active career and helps it to feel less dull.
    5. The Showtime careers are great fun. I love the Simfests and being able to create some showbiz sims is great, especially when used with the celebrity system from Late Night. Really fun stuff.
    6. The introduction of skill-based self-employed careers was brilliant and much needed. I love being able to have some sims break away from the rigidity of the workforce and work around their families in a job suited to their traits and skills. Really good idea.
    7. The Daycare is another lovely addition, although I must admit to not having played this one as much. I do intend to play this again soon, since I did really enjoy it the first time around.
    8. The Private Investigator is another favourite. Some of the cases really crack me up with their silliness but others are very detailed and well-made. An excellent addition to the careers.
    9. The Lifeguard one is also enjoyable. I've only played this one once or twice but I did really enjoy it. Like the medical career, it's nice to think these sims can help others on a daily basis.

All in all, love most of them but the Architect would have to be my all-time favourite <3 Loved reading some of the other responses :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    I really enjoy the firefighting career. I had a sim called Madison Lennox who mastered the firefighting career. I love that once they get to a high enough level they can install the fire alarm at home so they can spend time with family whilst still saving lives in between, I also love the firefighting lot.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I like most of the self-employment options, it's hard to decide, but maybe Horseman is my favorite.

Also, although this is not a career officially in the game, running my own bakery with the Delicious Indulgent Bakery set from the store was very fun, but it's a lot of work to run a decent bakery and make decent money.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited July 2019
    Stylist
    I probably use the self-employed most because I love legacy play so much and having at least one sim with a “stay-at-home” job makes raising kids easier. However, I voted for Stylist because I have the most fun playing that Career because playing with CASt is one of my favorite things about Sims 3 and most towns need a little sim Beautifying .
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Stylist
    You know Coach Boone's daughter in Remember the Titans? How she wasn't playing with her dolls, she was accessorizing? Well, she and I are kindred spirits. :lol: I love the stylist career because I love putting together outfits for my sims and playing around with patterns. The townies are always so unique as well, which makes it fun to try to leave my comfort zone and try to make them look better while still maintaining the aspects that make them unique. :smiley:
  • MollyDTheSimsMollyDTheSims Posts: 21 Member
    Private Investigator
    I think the Private Investigator career is the most interesting, you get to collect clues and stuff.
  • AliceAngelisAliceAngelis Posts: 17 Member
    Ghost Hunter
    I like how in ghost hunter you can either talk spirits down or just zap them with science lasers. Having the option to do one makes it feel like my sims are more expressive when they instead do the other.

Also, acrobat/singer/magician can make like a bazillion dollars a week, which makes it easy to build a huge house and buy up every property in the city.