Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 More Years is now a joke

With all this hate, and how ugly everything is now, the opposite will probably happen with everyone quitting the game. Why change things that are not broke, and not the 1000+ bugs. Eyeroll.

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't see anyone leaving the game just because they think the main page is ugly. Companies rebrand sometimes, and with this much of a negative reaction to it (though I do like the new main menu), it might not even be released anymore.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    I like the way the new menu looks, though... I would of preferred a darker blue for the backdrop. The one they used is a rather bright. Nice color, but bright. But, other than that. I like the way it looks, and the new features coming is nice too. Though, not sure I'd use the quiz in CAS. I'm very picky about how I like my sim. :)
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    With all this hate, and how ugly everything is now, the opposite will probably happen with everyone quitting the game. Why change things that are not broke, and not the 1000+ bugs. Eyeroll.

Oh oh! I know this one.

Because it wasn't the gurus that designed it, and therefore, they were still working on the bugs!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't see anyone leaving the game just because they think the main page is ugly. Companies rebrand sometimes, and with this much of a negative reaction to it (though I do like the new main menu), it might not even be released anymore.

The question is why did marketing think TS4 needed 'rebranded'. Yes, games change their load screens but usually it's for the next pack they offered, they change the music the things we see on screen to reflect new packs added, but they don't go chaning a background color unless it's something to do with whatever is going on over in silicon valley who has decided the color of things to hide more messaging is the way to go.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    I dont really care how the menu and illustrations look.
    As long as it doesnt affect my gameplay Im good.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2019
    a bit dramatic
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    I dont really care how the menu and illustrations look.
    As long as it doesnt affect my gameplay Im good.

Same.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    new look new image do not change the way the game is played
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member

how unfortunate, oops, i just lost a little more hope.

Cupid wrote: »
    a bit dramatic

Actually it's not. First impressions are lasting ones. The messaging of the new screen is more than just a color change.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

You seem to think most people are dissatisfied, simply from the volume of toxic, hateful posts on these forums. Most people aren't. Sure, there is room for improvement. Sure, bugs need to be fixed. But I am confident that they will be. And Maxis has the numbers on how many people are buying packs and playing the game. It is in fact successful.

Maybe stop projecting your bitterness on others. If you aren't enjoying the game, for goodness sake, play something you do enjoy. That's what games are for.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    a bit dramatic

Actually it's not.

oh okay
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »

how unfortunate, oops, i just lost a little more hope.

:D:D ahahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sindocat wrote: »

You seem to think most people are dissatisfied, simply from the volume of toxic, hateful posts on these forums. Most people aren't. Sure, there is room for improvement. Sure, bugs need to be fixed. But I am confident that they will be. And Maxis has the numbers on how many people are buying packs and playing the game. It is in fact successful.

Maybe stop projecting your bitterness on others. If you aren't enjoying the game, for goodness sake, play something you do enjoy. That's what games are for.

There is no accounting for taste. If somone is unhappy of how their game looks when it loads, they are more unlikely to buy more or play for any amount of time. Those are just game facts. If someone is unhappy with how a game saves their work, they are more unlikely to buy more or play any amount of time. If someone becomes very frustrated with flaws in design and bugs that go unfixed for longer than a month, they are more unlikely to buy more and or play any amount of time. TS4's reputation is starting to slide down hill from bottom, and no one can say it's not a buggy mess anymore, because all day long and every day there is a request to find a mod to fix it's problems.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Lol, my prediction: the new design will be the new normal by next Saturday.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member

Somehow I doubt that. :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Lol, my prediction: the new design will be the new normal by next Saturday.

Exactly. It's a superficial change. People are already over it. I don't know of anyone who stopped playing a game because they didn't like the packaging, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Hopefully they see the dissatisfaction with the rebrand and give those of us unpleased with it the option to revert to the old look.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Oh oh! I know this one.

Because it wasn't the gurus that designed it, and therefore, they were still working on the bugs!

It's still time and resources going towards things that barely any players asked for. The gurus may not have designed it but people would have still had to implement these changes within the game, all for an outcome the majority of players dislike or are indifferent to. When they make something like this the focus instead of discussing problems or opinions it's easy to see why a lot of people are annoyed.

But... not by the team that works on the bugs. The SimGurus were not the ones that designed this and I doubt it took a lot of time to put it into the game. This is just like the Alexa or the First Person Camera thing where NOTHING was "wasted" in terms of creating the game or fixing the bugs.

People need to just take a deep breath and chill. I understand that there are light-sensitive people out there who could genuinely be affected by this but my god, the amount of toxicity toward this is unnecessary. At the end of the day, it's just an ugly loading screen - just like the ugly white ones we've had in the past.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2019
    a bit dramatic

Actually it's not.

oh okay

Maybe a bit dramatic for you but the thought goes a bit deeper than the issue at hand as there are bugs that have been in the game longer than time can tell and a rebranding happens no time at all and most want most of the bugs addressed and not depend on mods to fix what is the responsibility of the developer that is what some are posting about.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    This doesn't affect and change the way people play? Ahah... some people talk like theres no hundreds of loading screens during gameplay. PLEASE!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    This doesn't affect and change the way people play? Ahah... some people talk like theres no hundreds of loading screens during gameplay. PLEASE!

Oh gosh.... I'm a live game player and tend to have my sims visit many lots per sim day. That would be a NIGHTMARE!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019

The question is why did marketing think TS4 needed 'rebranded'. Yes, games change their load screens but usually it's for the next pack they offered, they change the music the things we see on screen to reflect new packs added, but they don't go chaning a background color unless it's something to do with whatever is going on over in silicon valley who has decided the color of things to hide more messaging is the way to go.
    Yes, this. Actually the earlier games had some changes like this as well, but never this drastic.
    ( https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_games_with_different_covers ) Nobody ever cared, because it never mattered. I have a feeling people realize it matters this time.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top