Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Role-play - Castaway

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    girl: My name is Moana. And the whole "Isle of Death" thing was because that's what this island is called. Duh.

Julian: It's not... named that because people actually die here, right?

Moana: You just saw a person die. What do you think?
    girl: My name is Moana. And the whole "Isle of Death" thing was because that's what this island is called. Duh.

Marie: Like the Disney Moana? :smiley:
    Gema: Don't be a noob. Disney characters don't exist.
    Marie: Grandma was Esmeralda :p
    Gema: Says daddy Henry. You know he's joking right?
    Marie: :p:p

Moana: What's Disney?

*Julian frowns, thinking that Moana is taking Megan's death quite lightly.*
    Katrina: How do you know this place is called that anyway?

Moana: Well, see, that's a touchy subject...

Julian: *exasperated* We're a bit desperate for information here.

Moana: Well, if you're desperate for information, I suppose I can tell you... A couple of thousand years ago, the Hawaiian people were wayfinders. They found their way to this island, and as soon as they had built a settlement, things started to go wrong. In the night time, children went missing. Weeks later they would find parts of their bodies scattered around the island. Hunters and gatherers didn't come back. Buildings collapsed. They nicknamed this island Ka Mokupuni O Ka Make, Isle of Death. They left the island, but not before paying respects to those who died. Hidden deep in the jungle, there are three ancient burial grounds that are guarded by the spirits of those who lost their lives.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

Moana: Well, if you're desperate for information, I suppose I can tell you... A couple of thousand years ago, the Hawaiian people were wayfinders. They found their way to this island, and as soon as they had built a settlement, things started to go wrong. In the night time, children went missing. Weeks later they would find parts of their bodies scattered around the island. Hunters and gatherers didn't come back. Buildings collapsed. They nicknamed this island Ka Mokupuni O Ka Make, Isle of Death. They left the island, but not before paying respects to those who died. Hidden deep in the jungle, there are three ancient burial grounds that are guarded by the spirits of those who lost their lives.

Julian: Great, just great. *swears under his breath in Selvadoradan*
    Katrina: *pointed glance at Julian. She can't understand Selvadoradan but she knows all the curses because of him. She turns back to Moana.* Do you know how to get us out of here?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Katrina: *pointed glance at Julian. She can't understand Selvadoradan but she knows all the curses because of him. She turns back to Moana.* Do you know how to get us out of here?

Moana: Duh. All you need is to do is find this ancient book, I believe it's called 'O Ia Ka Harry Potter A Me Nā Meaʻala. Easy enough, as long as you know where to look. Oh, and you have to know how to banish demonic spirits.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2019

Moana: Duh. All you need is to do is find this ancient book, I believe it's called 'O Ia Ka Harry Potter A Me Nā Meaʻala. Easy enough, as long as you know where to look. Oh, and you have to know how to banish demonic spirits.

Leslie: *legs wobble like jelly* "D-demonic spirits?!?" :scream:
    Lyra: *babbles something incomprehensible*
    Lyoufln wrote: »

Moana: Yes, weren't you listening?
    funny-gifs20.gif

Leslie: *terrified* "Yes I...yes I...it's just a lot. I..."
    Lyra: *looks at Leslie*

Inside of Moana's Head: Ugh, humans.

Outside of Moana's Head: Well, you're going to have to get used to a lot if you want to get out of here. Or you'll end up like you're friend back there, who lied about the island. I've been watching you for some time now, and she said the island had a mind of its own! As if. No, she was one of the spirits, along with that friend of hers. Harper, or something like that. They were trying to fool you, to lead you in the wrong direction, so they could deliver the final act of... well, you know. Haven't you noticed that they're the only two people who have supposedly crossed the veil?
    funny-gifs20.gif

Outside of Moana's Head: Well, you're going to have to get used to a lot if you want to get out of here. Or you'll end up like you're friend back there, who lied about the island. I've been watching you for some time now, and she said the island had a mind of its own! As if. No, she was one of the spirits, along with that friend of hers. Harper, or something like that. They were trying to fool you, to lead you in the wrong direction, so they could deliver the final act of... well, you know. Haven't you noticed that they're the only two people who have supposedly crossed the veil?

Leslie: *looking more frightened by the second. He just arrived on the island!*
    Lyra: *seems to be getting agitated because her father is upset*

Katrina: Slow down. What 'veil'?
    Julian: Yeah, and what demonic spirits? How do you get rid of them? *thinking: I hope she knows, considering she’s being so patronizing about it…*
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Julian: Yeah, and what demonic spirits? How do you get rid of them? *thinking: I hope she knows, considering she’s being so patronizing about it…*

Moana: Like the veil between life and death. And didn't I mention earlier that the spirits of those who died haunt the Hawaiian graveyards? those are the demonic spirits you have to fight to get the book. Now, getting rid of them is a different matter. It's different depending on the culture and society that the spirit lived in before death, and in this case it's the way of the ancient Hawaiians. Their way is very simple, and all you have to do is find a coconut tree, harvest 15 coconuts from only that tree, engrave each of them with the word Holomua carved into them all 15 times. Them you have to spread the coconuts around wherever the demonic spirits are, then chant this:
    E waiho i kēia Honua Ma Mua 10 times. You have to do this procedure, no matter how many spirits are being banished, and it works for about a 1.8 square mile radius.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Moana: Like the veil between life and death. And didn't I mention earlier that the spirits of those who died haunt the Hawaiian graveyards? those are the demonic spirits you have to fight to get the book. Now, getting rid of them is a different matter. It's different depending on the culture and society that the spirit lived in before death, and in this case it's the way of the ancient Hawaiians. Their way is very simple, and all you have to do is find a coconut tree, harvest 15 coconuts from only that tree, engrave each of them with the word Holomua carved into them all 15 times. Them you have to spread the coconuts around wherever the demonic spirits are, then chant this:
    E waiho i kēia Honua Ma Mua 10 times. You have to do this procedure, no matter how many spirits are being banished, and it works for about a 1.8 square mile radius.

Julian: *sighs dejectedly* Might as well get on it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Moana: I'm going to go and find a map of the island for y'all. Bai.

Moana runs far, far away from them until she is out of sight.

Moana, to herself: These humans better not figure out my secret... I'll just get a map to them and then I'll just disappear in the middle of the night, with a note saying something like, "Gone Swimming, and Will Never Return" or something.

Moana wades into the water, and as soon as the water is waist-high, in place of her legs there is a sleek, shiny tail! She swims off into the distance and returns a few hours later with a map of the island. She begins the long trek back to where she first met the humans.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    Marx: *Continues trying to communicate frantically*

Nia: Hmm... A raft maybe? WAIT, THE RAFTS!
    Pandoop wrote: »
    Marx: *Continues trying to communicate frantically*

Nia: Hmm... A raft maybe? WAIT, THE RAFTS!

Moana does a facepalm.

Moana: You can't get off with JUST rafts. Without the book, you won't get past 5 feet.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Moana, to herself: These humans better not figure out my secret... I'll just get a map to them and then I'll just disappear in the middle of the night, with a note saying something like, "Gone Swimming, and Will Never Return" or something.

Moana wades into the water, and as soon as the water is waist-high, in place of her legs there is a sleek, shiny tail! She swims off into the distance and returns a few hours later with a map of the island. She begins the long trek back to where she first met the humans.

*While Moana is gone, Julian starts pacing, a habit of his that drives Katrina crazy. He keeps thinking that Megan's death is his fault.*
    Katrina: Would you stop that please?
    *Julian ignores her. Katrina groans. Hopefully Azure would have realized that Katrina was busy and picked the girls up from school, like she should have done. But instead, she's trapped on an island of death in some strange fever dream with monkeys and magic books. Maybe pacing isn't such a bad idea.*
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

*While Moana is gone, Julian starts pacing, a habit of his that drives Katrina crazy. He keeps thinking that Megan's death is his fault.*
    *Julian ignores her. Katrina groans. Hopefully Azure would have realized that Katrina was busy and picked the girls up from school, like she should have done. But instead, she's trapped on an island of death in some strange fever dream with monkeys and magic books. Maybe pacing isn't such a bad idea.*

Moana returns quickly and says that comment above (forgot she hadn't come back yet).

Moana: I found a map. The closest graveyard is only two miles west from here. I say we get a good nights sleep and start carving the coconuts I found on the way back first thing tomorrow. Lucky for us, I found 18.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Moana returns quickly and says that comment above (forgot she hadn't come back yet).

Moana: I found a map. The closest graveyard is only two miles west from here. I say we get a good nights sleep and start carving the coconuts I found on the way back first thing tomorrow. Lucky for us, I found 18.

*Julian nods in agreement. He hasn't slept since he got here, and he almost drifted off waiting for Moana to return. Katrina, on the other hand, is wide awake.*
    Katrina: I'm taking a walk. *pauses, remembering the spirits that are hanging around* I won't go very far.
    *If only she had something to paint with. But that obviously isn't happening, so she tries to clear her head as best she can as she strolls.*
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    Marx: *Grabs some leaves and makes a pile*

*Katrina returns from her walk and sees Marx*
    Katrina: What are you doing?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Leslie: *sits on the ground, not looking too well*
    Lyra: *sitting on Leslie's lap*

Katrina: Oh, hello. *realizes she doesn't know his name*
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Lyra: *turns head towards Katrina's voice and looks up at her*
    Leslie: *looks like he has spaced out, is starting to sweat*

Katrina: *walks over to him* Hey, are you okay?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Leslie: *hyperventilating*
    Lyra: *looks up at her father, then back at Katrina*

Leslie (in his head): We're stuck here we're stuck here we're stuck here! We're gonna die we're gonna die we're gonna die. My wife's all alone! She's gonna think I left her! She never cries but this'll break her heart*

Leslie: *is on the verge of tears*

Leslie: *hyperventilating*
    Lyra: *looks up at her father, then back at Katrina*

Leslie (in his head): We're stuck here we're stuck here we're stuck here! We're gonna die we're gonna die we're gonna die. My wife's all alone! She's gonna think I left her! She never cries but this'll break her heart*

Leslie: *is on the verge of tears*

*Katrina sits across from him. Is he having a panic attack? She knows a few people who have them, but what is she supposed to when one is happening?*
    Katrina: Hey... *pauses* I'm right here if you need anything.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg