Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can there PLEASE be an official Pets Add-On Pack to make Dogs / Cats controllable again?

I have the mod, and the person who made the mod is awesome for doing so -- but I want the full thing! I want to be able to explore the town through my dog or cat's eyes! I want to be able to make them eat, not tell then 6 times to eat. Like I want to see them have feelings / moods, not a gray box that always shows me happy or bored with filler text. I want to be able to socialize with other pets with actual socialization options (not just Friendly Play, Friendly Chase, Play, Play, Nuzzle, " ," - it's hard to explain, but it's incomplete).

Please Maxis! Make us an official pack for this! We understand you had realism in your hearts when you all decided that pets won't be controllable, but you took the fun out of it for a lot of us!

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Not sure about seeing through a pets eye but the rest should not be a pack but a patch. This should have been part of C&D when it released, we should not be charged extra for these features.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Srsly. I get that to some extent the Sims is a life simulator, but plenty of people play it to escape life, for that little dose of silly fun that only the Sims can provide, and it's sad to see how much of it is missing in Sims 4. Playable pets could open up so much in the way of gameplay. Just imagine the challenges you could get out of it! Stray challenge: Find food, have a litter, see them survive to adulthood and find good homes. Even an in-game breed out the ugly (or strange or weird, idk what the "nice" way of saying that is) challenge with pets, I can see some players getting REALLY creative with the paint tool to that end.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I just want to see their stats man. I should be able to know when my pet ages up, their traits, the tricks they’ve learned, their feelings, and relationships. We should at least see that.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    I agree we shouldn't pay extra for anything of the sort, Realism is fun but for how long?...it kind of got to a point (for me) that i paid to just look at the pets rather than really interact and play with them, When my sim leaves they just sleep...they dont misbehave or go wild they just sleep. so at the least it would be fun to control them that way, when all the sims are at school/work we still have atleast that to do. But thats just me
  • Writer_InkWriter_Ink Posts: 19 Member
    I definitely agree! There's no fun if you can't control the pets, plus how to make great machinimas without that feature.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I would greatly prefer to control the pets... but if they can't or won't make that update, at the very least, pets should not be non-controllable AND still count against the household maximum.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I like the way they are now. Not having control over them adds realistic feel to it. I only want to be able to see their stats, and when they are going to age up.
  • mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    I'd be fine if we couldn't control them if they didn't take a spot in the household! That's one of my biggest grievances with the Sims 4 that I have to waste a slot in my household for something I can't even click on!
  • Katara11Katara11 Posts: 17 Member
    There is a MOD where you can control your pets. Just google it.
  • Katara11Katara11 Posts: 17 Member
    Ow, I see you have the MOD. I think the mod is the maximum you'll get. So.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I wish we could choose. There may be times you want to play them and times you want them there, but in a background way. I wish they didn't count in a Sim's household count. Wanted to play a large sim family with loads of pets, but can't in Sims 3 nor 4.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That should be done with a patch, not a pack. It would be nice to have the option to control them, but more than anything I want to see their needs.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Do we need an entire pack for it though? They should just patch it in for free.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I'd be more interested in EA doing something so that:
    we actually have dogs in B.Bay, not just cats
    you don't need to live there to see something other than seagulls
    cats and dogs exist in other 'worlds' besides B. Bay. I know it is possible as I get both in my TS2 game.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'd be more interested in EA doing something so that:
    we actually have dogs in B.Bay, not just cats
    you don't need to live there to see something other than seagulls
    cats and dogs exist in other 'worlds' besides B. Bay. I know it is possible as I get both in my TS2 game.

I see stray dogs in Brindleton Bay all the time.
    And while I don't often see cats or dogs in other worlds, I do see them occasionally, especially after I take a pet to the vet. Also, my "testing save" vampire wound up being adopted by Mayor Whiskers in Forgotten Hollow. (Seriously, I went to get a drink and forgot to pause, I came back and there's Mayor Whisker's icon next to my test vampire's, and he hadn't been anywhere near Brindleton Bay yet.)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I just want to see their stats man. I should be able to know when my pet ages up, their traits, the tricks they’ve learned, their feelings, and relationships. We should at least see that.

This.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Well, WaterRat, your game obviously works better than mine. My comments prompted by experience.