Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are they rebranding ?

This makes zero sense to me . There is no point to this. I know sims 4 is going to have a longer lifespan. The loading screen is terrible. But we have lot of fixes,and stuff they can add . Why waste resources, and time on this?

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    that new loading screen is not a useless update you do not went this new screen its simple just disable in origin the game patch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The rebranding was probably a marketing thing -- so it's not like they took time away from making packs. If we still had physical packs (other than EPs) it might be a bigger difference. And I think some of the new design features, like the new loading screen, will be helpful for my aging eyes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    that new loading screen is not a useless update you do not went this new screen its simple just disable in origin the game patch

How i not useless, its just changed your game screen a different corlor?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It’s not really a wasted update it’s got more than the new screens (new CAS option, 1000 new debug world objects and hopefully some serious bug squashes) but I’ve said what I think the reason behind it is on a few posts. Now this is pure speculation but I’d say because the sims 4 is reaching its five year mark which no other game has kept going past that might be a reason for the change. Also considering how much the game has changed since launch this might me another reason behind it. Basically creating this 100 percent confirmation that yeah this game is going on for a while longer.

Also with the 32 bit drop maybe we will be getting some overhauls that made them want to change it. I’d love if this was the reason but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Now I don’t know the reasoning and I’d wish they kept it the same but if it was because of what I mentioned about I’d understand. I just wish it was a bit less in your face and the icons for packs weren’t being changed on the main menu but no where else (that’ll be very confusing for new players). I don’t mind the new cover just wish the sims were not all the same age group nor do I mind the new loading screen, but that main menu screen.....smh.

I guees they are planing five more years . All I have to say this the new stuff rather be good, and Sims 5 better be worth it.
    The rebranding was probably a marketing thing -- so it's not like they took time away from making packs. If we still had physical packs (other than EPs) it might be a bigger difference. And I think some of the new design features, like the new loading screen, will be helpful for my aging eyes.

I do wish players would understand this. Nothing in game has had time taken away from it to make this. It’s frustrating that this is actually a reason people are mad about it. I don’t like it either but I do understand that the game has multiple dev teams that work on many different things.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    They wasted money on this.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    They broke something that was fixed with this redesign - congratulations

Now Sims 4 looks ugly thank you for nothing
    a256aFi.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They wasted money on this.

This rebranding is really just frivolous at best. With that said, their marketing team and marketing efforts have never been worse than with The Sims 4.

The whole "Get -" naming scheme of expansions is used inconsistently, their release schedule is all over the place and random, and packs marketed/labeled as expansions feel like game packs, never consistently sticking to one method of unveiling future content, certain gurus making off-hand Tweets towards players, etc...

It just comes off as messy. Then you hop into the game, try to play live mode, and that's an even bigger mess.

THANK YOU!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Because someone at EA though it was worth it to spend money on this over improving the actual game.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    My thought process is as follows-

"They're rebranding? Ok...? So why does it still feel like the console version is an afterthought?"

Maybe I'm salty that My First Pet Stuff still hasn't been ported to console or that I keep finding bugs whenever I try a different play style.

At least it's a sign the game is going to keep being supported for a while yet.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    My thought process is as follows-

"They're rebranding? Ok...? So why does it still feel like the console version is an afterthought?"

Maybe I'm salty that My First Pet Stuff still hasn't been ported to console or that I keep finding bugs whenever I try a different play style.

At least it's a sign the game is going to keep being supported for a while yet.

My First Logo Stuff Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I literally eneded up uninstalling The Sims 4 now. I don't care anymore!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    They have said that the sims4 is going nowhere and that they are going to keep adding content.

The problem with that, as their higher-ups have probably told them, is that it is really difficult to sell a five year old game to people and claim that it is still new and relevant. So that's why they are rebranding their game to make it look like it was made in 2019. New logo and new sims with new clothes that they have added.

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    This makes zero sense to me . There is no point to this. I know sims 4 is going to have a longer lifespan. The loading screen is terrible. But we have lot of fixes,and stuff they can add . Why waste resources, and time on this?

Same reason Ivory Soap does, when it is literally the same product it was a hundred years ago. To maintain a contemporary appearance. Standard business practice.

Think of this next time you walk down a grocery store aisle and see something marked "Bright new package, same great taste" or what have you. Companies literally do this all the time.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    time and resource could be spent reworking game mechanics or fixing bug, oh well.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Sindocat wrote: »

Same reason Ivory Soap does, when it is literally the same product it was a hundred years ago. To maintain a contemporary appearance. Standard business practice.

Think of this next time you walk down a grocery store aisle and see something marked "Bright new package, same great taste" or what have you. Companies literally do this all the time.

But this is not some needed product ? Its a game
    logion wrote: »
    They have said that the sims4 is going nowhere and that they are going to keep adding content.

The problem with that, as their higher-ups have probably told them, is that it is really difficult to sell a five year old game to people and claim that it is still new and relevant. So that's why they are rebranding their game to make it look like it was made in 2019. New logo and new sims with new clothes that they have added.

This!! It’s literally a marketing strategy to keep it relevant since it’s getting a bit old. This was exactly my thoughts as well. Thank you @logion for explaining this much better than I did.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    time and resource could be spent reworking game mechanics or fixing bug, oh well.

Probably not part of the marketing budget though.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Just think, next month's survey will be awesome as we tell them how they can improve the game and the community LMAO. I know I have mentioned "wasted time and money" so many times on those surveys.