Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion on the rebrand?

hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I mean the colors. In my opinion, the story thing is really really cool and sounds really fun, but the LAYOUT... really EA, really? It is so obnoxious and ugly, the EP colors are gone (I loved those!) and just... UGH!
People that said keep it: EXPLAIN! That PATTERN makes me want to CLAW MY EYEBALLS OUT!

Vote if you would like to keep it or get rid of it.

Opinion on the rebrand? 340 votes

Keep it! I like it!
20%
BluegaylestoryyBlkBarbiegalaelias24danacnbrettBloosmooshellbemeDarkSlayer1331simgirl1010friendlysimmersgot2gameAjaGioloubylouloumommy19959699alanmichael1MiaSkywalkerJoseffbluelightingPlumbobCrossingFoxrox77 71 votes
I want it GONE! It's horrible!
79%
auroraael14CK213Stdlr9nickibitswardGoldmoldaricmnfrshLeGardePourprerudy8292julienrob2004IdontrcallIcewolfJaseIceyJHowGreatThouArtAyradyssAllearslisamwittBreeNillaIllandryaAlrynn 269 votes

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Horrible...absolutely HORRIBLE!
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member

EXACTLY. I beg of you EA listen to your community FOR ONCE and STOP IT!!!
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    Absolutely terrible. And I just can't imagine how this affects the sims wiki.... The new logo is pure white and guess what? The wiki's background is pure white! Ugh. And none of the content packs seem to no longer have unique logos which screws up the infoboxes... terrible.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    hermionia wrote: »

You know good and darn well they won't.
    hermionia wrote: »

You know good and darn well they won't.

Unfortunately :(
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    reminds me of the BLuescreen of Death. It makes my skin crawl and the blue they choose I think is more retina-burning than the original white.
    Techbilt wrote: »
    reminds me of the BLuescreen of Death. It makes my skin crawl and the blue they choose I think is more retina-burning than the original white.

ikr! That blue is heart-wrenching, eyeball-clawing, skin crawling-ly obnoxious! It BURNS your retinas alive!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    OMG changes! I want everything to look like 2014 for the rest of my life!
    People that said keep it: WHY, oh WHY do you like it? EXPLAIN
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    You know what I like most about it? They wouldn't have done this if this iteration isn't going to be around for a long while. Makes me grin so very wide.
    I do like the new sims, with things that have been added with patches there is better hair and variety to show off.
    egTcBMc.png
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    I really hope they change the blue, because it actually hurts my eyes.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited July 2019
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    It feels fresh and shows how fun the sims 4 can be, the things you can do... Like when I look at the basegame render it feels dull compared to the new one. I love how colorful it is now. Yeah a few things I might not agree with like them changing the overall look of packs, mostly keeping them in one color, which makes it easy to see at once what kind of pack it is, but like the different colors were also fun and they kind of helped me out in build mode a lot when I'm scrolling through objects and can identify what pack this item comes from just by seeing the colored icon.
    But overall I think it's a great look.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    No thank you!
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited July 2019
    Worst update to any Sims game by far. What were they even thinking?!? The colors hurt my eyes. I see why some people prefer Sims 3 over Sims 4 now.

And the update is in only 4 days... I’m not ready for this!!!
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited July 2019
    Meh. I hate the new box layout; it just makes the boxes look even similar, instead of distinct. Especially EPs and GPs. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that so they can trick people into thinking GPs are as important as EPs.

The main menu is ugly. Hate the new icons, they have so much less personality. The blue is painfully bright, and it looks cluttered. The last menu was actually very good, too, so this change especially hurts. But I guess now the screen has more room for the onslaught of packs we'll surely get, as they continue to milk us for all we're worth.

No opinion on story mode, other than the fact that I won't use it in CAS, unless I can choose my career/money/skills without the trait-locking quiz. If it doesn't though? Meh, no big deal. I can use cheats to make my sims the way I want with minimal effort, or use mods.

Overall, I don't think it was necessary, and so far it's not adding anything particularly interesting to me. But it's not the worst thing they've done, and it's harmless overall. So it's whatever.

EDIT: Just saw the loading screen. I hate it so much. Simpler and sleeker =/= better. I hate when companies and designs try to go for simplicity over personality and style.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2019
    Our opinions don’t mean much on this forum so I wonder what the good folks over on Twitter are thinking about the redesign. I hope they’re being honest at least.
    Only the modders can help us now. Simmers more talented than I will surely fix this blue abomination.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    When did they say it was coming Tuesday? I thought Graham said coming in a few weeks. The console has a patch Tuesday.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm cool with a change of design and layout, but I really hate the colours they've gone with.

Bright, bold and contrasting colours all at once - who thought that would be a good idea? :s
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Keep it! I like it!
    i like it alot so i say keep it very pretty much easyer to read as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2019
    The Sims 4 was already my least favorite and less played game and after this I will probably never touch it again. Im being really honest! I don't have any desire of updating the game for this. I will not update! And who agrees that this is terrible should do the same thing!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Was this really a priority ...?