Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just when is our next patch coming?

Comments

• xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member

Are we console players gonna get the 64bit-only update prior to PC/Mac players? I am wondering about the eyeballs too. ;)
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Are we console players gonna get the 64bit-only update prior to PC/Mac players? I am wondering about the eyeballs too. ;)

Consoles aren't getting that update as their already compatible with 64bit. This has been confirmed from the gurus.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    What does that mean, @catloverplayer ? Is he fed up with reports of bugs? Sorry, I just want to make sure that I am reading your comment correctly.

Probably, more of, "Oh... we were supposed to do that?".
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I guess we'll have to tune in to find out... I hope it's not another dissapointing month.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2019
    I guess we'll have to tune in to find out... I hope it's not another dissapointing month.

They said no unknown content would be discussed so hopefully they're going to talk about the patch pertaining to the console Island Living release on the 16th ( and not just say oh remember its coming out on the 16th or even worse delay it).

My bet is they'll talk about stuff going on for Mobile, the Realm of Magic game pack, mention the Moschino stuff pack and the stuff they're fixing for PC for Island Living

I wish this monthly would add a gallery for console ( and let us at least share console to console T_T)

Update: Well I was a little off. Mainly just stuff about Island Living, rebranding, new CAS option to make Sims based on a series of questions, and them unlocking alot of stuff in debug mode. No talk about the new game pack or stuff pack, but they will be doing another livestream next week on Thurs. I guess from what they said theyre releasing our update the same day Island Living comes out for us; on the 16th.
    Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I just wish Vampires were fixed...Along with the several other bugs I stumble across every time I feel like playing the game. Wanna adopt a dog? Can't discipline it. Want to have a famous sim? Enjoy everyone else following you into the toilet if you use one in a public venue, not to mention the celebrity walk triggering a level early, my sim always being disgusted by something and the broken quirks that stay on my sim after removing them or stepping out of the spotlight.

I am looking forward to the freelance career though...
  • HayleyN2019HayleyN2019 Posts: 13 New Member
    I am looking forward to the freelance career as well so I hope they announce our update today
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    So, the patch is coming on the same day as Island Living - July 16th. It would have been easier if that was mentioned in the MM stream, but I found the information out quick enough looking on Twitter.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I'm glad I got myself set up on here and follow a few YouTube channels that cover news for The Sims otherwise I wouldn't have found out about the patch coming on the same day as Island Living- I don't have a Twitter account...Or any presence on Social Media as it's just not my thing.

I'm glad we're getting the update, I was worried things were going to be delayed since there hadn't really been any news up til today.
    I just wish Vampires were fixed...Along with the several other bugs I stumble across every time I feel like playing the game. Wanna adopt a dog? Can't discipline it. Want to have a famous sim? Enjoy everyone else following you into the toilet if you use one in a public venue, not to mention the celebrity walk triggering a level early, my sim always being disgusted by something and the broken quirks that stay on my sim after removing them or stepping out of the spotlight.

I am looking forward to the freelance career though...

If I read the other half of the forum right (PC), part of the issues with Vampires were fixed, but they broke other parts in the process.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Does the new patch include the Gender Preference addition?
    2quwd7.gif

Yes.
    I haven't seen anything about what we're getting aside from the freelance career and the fishing overhaul so what this about gender preference?

• LayluhLayluh Posts: 1 New Member
    From simgurujoystick
    Hi there! Next weeks update will have a lot of bug fixes along with new features being added to consoles.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    So, the patch is coming on the same day as Island Living - July 16th. It would have been easier if that was mentioned in the MM stream, but I found the information out quick enough looking on Twitter.

Yeah I was watching and they just said dont worry console Island Living is still coming out on the 16th and console is getting thier much needed update. One of the Gurus was like finally I feel like I worked on that update forever ago; and I was sitting there like okay but when?????
    I haven't seen anything about what we're getting aside from the freelance career and the fishing overhaul so what this about gender preference?

Gender update is included in this patch. One of the gurus confirmed. I think it was Legacy.
    The other half of the discussion forum is filled with how the patch and IL wrecked Sims 4 (made it nigh unplayable), and don't care for the brush up they're doing with menu redesign and what not (lipstick on a pig). Sounds worrying if it sounds that the patch made things worse overall, compounded with IL's new bugs.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I just hope one of the fixes is to stop two music tracks playing at once. Also, for the Front Desk to be used at home where "Purchase Fireworks" isn't the only interaction for it.
    2quwd7.gif

I just hope one of the fixes is to stop two music tracks playing at once. Also, for the Front Desk to be used at home where "Purchase Fireworks" isn't the only interaction for it.

I've put in the music track bug (esp. one of them playing after the game loads) in the report section a couple of times. I'm guessing that's a hard no.
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    The other half of the discussion forum is filled with how the patch and IL wrecked Sims 4 (made it nigh unplayable), and don't care for the brush up they're doing with menu redesign and what not (lipstick on a pig). Sounds worrying if it sounds that the patch made things worse overall, compounded with IL's new bugs.

The June 18th Patch was what caused most of the problems. There is a few bugs in IL. One of the 50x50 lots is causing sims to freeze and also get stuck on floaties. I hope the IL bug fixes carry over to the console patch Tuesday.
    RionAgrias wrote: »

The June 18th Patch was what caused most of the problems. There is a few bugs in IL. One of the 50x50 lots is causing sims to freeze and also get stuck on floaties. I hope the IL bug fixes carry over to the console patch Tuesday.

Are the floating objects and stuck items on toddlers from the patch, too? I'll probably just ignore that large lot in Sulani like I do the lots in Del Sol.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    wait..so we don't get the new menu design?
    anyways I am looking forward to tommorrow :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat