Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is getting a complete "refresh" in design and look. I guess TS5 isn't happening soon....

SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
In the Maxis Monthly livestream it was revealed that The Sims 4 is going to get a complete remake in its logo, plumbob, icon, EP covers, etc. And since they are doing this massive redesign, it seems that they are planning to stay around for even longer? If this is just for one new year of The Sims 4, it would seem highly unlikely for them to just remake the whole freaking theme of the game.

Is The Sims 5 being "delayed" more and more at this point?

5nKvgGD.png

(R.I.P. different expansion pack colors)

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    In the Maxis Monthly livestream it was revealed that The Sims 4 is going to get a complete remake in its logo, plumbob, icon, EP covers, etc. And since they are doing this massive redesign, it seems that they are planning to stay around for even longer? If this is just for one new year of The Sims 4, it would seem highly unlikely for them to just remake the whole freaking theme of the game.

Is The Sims 5 being "delayed" more and more at this point?

5nKvgGD.png

(R.I.P. different expansion pack colors)

I can’t see the stream right now, I’m traveling. What the hell is happening to the game???? A complete artwork redesign? I need to think how I feel about this. After 5 years... wow. This is pretty big considering it’s the whole game including the logo.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Also those EP covers look dread awful!!! What is this??
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Also those EP covers look dread awful!!! What is this??

It must be some very early april fools joke.
    edited July 2019
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 plumbob looks like it was designed on Microsoft Paint ahahaha At least make it pretty if you are doing a redesign.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I like the new look, though I would have maintained the EP colours. The initial design started to look like 1976. However, this midway change is not good for people who are collecting the boxes.
    Can anyone post screenshots? How is the new loading screen, main menu and cas?? Theres a story mode???!!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 334 Member
    Can anyone post screenshots? How is the new loading screen, main menu and cas?? Theres a story mode???!!!!

New loading screen:
    7FyaTkI.png

New main menu:
    LbKaXu9.png

Yes instead of creating a Sim from scratch you can answer some amusing questions and then the game will create a Sim with fitting traits and a career for you.

Yes instead of creating a Sim from scratch you can answer some amusing questions and then the game will create a Sim with fitting traits and a career for you.

But.....we can still create sims the normal way right....?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

New loading screen:
    7FyaTkI.png

New main menu:
    LbKaXu9.png

What is that loading screen??????

That’s terrible!!! It looks like a sims 1 loadingscreen!! Eeeeewww
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Game and Expansion Pack colors are WAY too similar. Should've made one of them red/orange or something like that.

But.....we can still create sims the normal way right....?

Yes of course.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Wait what?
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    I agree the EP and GP colours are too similar, and it's very bright.
    edited July 2019
    At least they didn't go so far to remake the whole in-game user interface. But still.... that loading screen feels so out of place.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    It's definitely jarring to look at right now.

It always amuses me to think how many people said yes to something before it gets to the consumer. Like it's just so...blue?

The new CAS story mode sounds fun and the unlocked environment objects are waaay overdue.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like it! :) I don't know why people think TS5 is happening. They have said repeatedly that they still have years worth of content for TS4.
    Sooo are they making the UI blue too?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sooo are they making the UI blue too?

Thankfully no.