Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they were doing a major free update, what would you want to see?

Comments

• bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I want a food and new kitchen appliances stuff pack. With a new wall oven, trash compactor, juice blender,crock pot
    add hot chocolate, Pumpkin latte different Creamer like hazelnut, vanilla, irish cream, eggnog to the coffee maker.
    New Recipe added like lasagna waffles, pumpkin pie, more pizza, Sushi, Pecan pie, Chicken noodle soup, Chicken and dumpling, peach cobbler
    Also make it so that the kids can make and drink hot drinks at home.
    The kids needs stuff like hopscotch, jump rope, seesaw cops and robbers

How about adding oranges, corn kale, cucumbers, gingers, eggplant, celery,beets, edible pumpkins so that we can make super smoothies from the juices machine
    add a Christmas channel to the television.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > toggles to turn off certain content in the game like selected supernatural life states and ghost

I would love to be able to turn off ghosts. Every time I see a notification that a spirit is loosing its connection, I am like good, please, die already.

Honestly, ghosts need an overhaul as much as plantsims and aliens do, if not more. I'm not opposed to them being in my game. In old games they were scary and rare and neat! But now they're like any other sim except see through and it's like "Please stop inviting me out, grandma. You've been dead ten years."

A great big Ghost Update that stopped ghosts from appearing except on lots where their urn/tombstone is, and except at very specific times, would be much appreciated. Like, my sim going to the bar (when it's not even ghost night!!!) should not be running into all their dead friends and relatives. In old sims games getting to see a ghost was like a quest, and took some work. Befriending them even more so. Now they're so not special or interesting that they're actively annoying.

Yes!

I feel like ghosts have much more potential then they've been given. They each have little effects that are determined by how they died, which I think is awesome but should be bumped up a little more to limited powers. Ghosts should not be behaving like normal Sims, sending texts and randomly hanging out. I completely agree that they should be limited to where their graves/urns are, specific ghost nights at the bar, and lots with the "haunted" trait. They could still be played if added to the family, but their autonomous appearances should be limited, and they should inflict fear. Oh wait....Fear doesn't exist in Sims 4. :s Now there's a major update that's much needed.
    #Team Occult
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    The ten first to come to mind:
    1. Being able to make a drink at the bar while the sim is eating.
    2. Being able to organize household/sim inventory.
    3. Chance to pick favorite food/drink/attractions.
    4. Something nice for the elderly folk (like walking canes).
    5. More round/oval carpets.
    6. New memories system, more like the ones we used to have.
    7. Possibility to switch all columns/windows at once.
    8. Woohoo in the shower.
    9. Being able to bind objects to a certain sim: this is sim X's homework and that is sim Y's guitar.
    10. Randomizing books in a bookshelf.

+ pls fix the high chair glitch.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited July 2019
    My patch would have 3 major aspects:

Island Living related
    - Swimming everywhere, entering all bodies of water
    - More activities in shallow water (example: why isn't the "play in" animation from the fountain/waterfall not available?)
    - New objects: Waterslide, Volleyball net (as a freebie for the team sport EP I will releaser later)
    - Fix Off the Grid gameplay
    - Aqua Jet and Sailboat get integrated into the club system
    - New type of sailboat useable for several sims of all ages

Movement related
    - True Free Will off option (no choosing their own conversation topics, no acting on their own when in motive failure)
    - Sims choose the closest seating over the spot with the most other sims for eating
    - Fix Musical Chairs
    - Fix compulsive sitting down when in conversation
    - Introduce markers for rooms ("this is a bathroom") that allow to blacklist certain activities for those rooms ("no washing dishes here") and/or goad sims to priorize this room for certain activities ("go here to eat")
    - New content: Dance while holding hands (probably as a freebie for a potential dance school GP)
    - Overhaul the aggressive club interactions to actually work
    - Tricycle and Bike decorative clutter (teaser for an upcoming GP)

Sim Management related
    - Role Manager: Whenever the game thinks it needs a new townie a prompt comes up that will allow us to "choose existing sim", "generate new sim now", "let game generate the role sim" or "don't do anything". This function is inspired by Miitopia and can get turned off if the player feels it's too intrusive
    - New tab in Household Management for roles
    - New categories in CAS: Costumes, Camping wear
    - Return of the Sims 2 Family Album
    - Pets become fully controllable
    - Homeschooling becomes an option (probably only very sketchy, so I can release an SP related to homeschooling later)

I have mods for some of those things, but it would be nice to be able to retire those mods.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited August 2019
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > -A Chemistry system such as Sims 2 had with turn ons and turn offs.
    > -The ability to create babies and pregnancies in CAS
    > -Waterproofing for computers at the Geekcon festival
    > -Festivals showing in the Seasons calendar
    > -New hair colours
    > -Toddlers allowed to join clubs parent and toddler groups would be perfect
    > -Fear emotion
    > -Spiral staircases
    > -Bunk beds
    > -More "ordinary" careers that we had in previous games such as Law, Psychiatry, Architect etc. Part-time jobs for adults (I use mods for some of this stuff but even so!)

I don't care much for the Chemistry system.
    The ability to create babies and pregnancies in CAS sounds good.
    Putting the Greekcon festival under a tent would be awesome.
    Festivals in Seasons calendar would be wonderful!
    New and varied hair colors would be fantastic.
    Fear Emotion sounds interesting.
    Spiral staircases and bunk beds would be a major plus.
    Great List! :)

I think we should be able to have toddlers in clubs too. A parent child play group would be great!
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    a lot of bug fixes
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    If they do one big update i want it to be a traits/personality overhaul to makr the sims themself differ from each other
    -make traits have a bigger impact
    -make the sims feel other emotions besides the constant happiness
    - make the emotional effect from objects lower bc we have a bazillion ways to make ohr sims happy and i rather have their mood/emotions change bc of things happening in their life instead of a couple of nice paintings
    - make sure they are sad when family dies and angry when their partners cheat
    - If they are fighting with a sim make sure they stay angry and not just go back to talking as if theyre bestfriends
    - Have emotions be impacted by traits an evil sim will be more sad or angry when others are happy or happy when other sims are sad

Just make the sims feel more alive like in ts2 please
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    beville wrote: »
    I want a food and new kitchen appliances stuff pack. With a new wall oven, trash compactor, juice blender,crock pot
    add hot chocolate, Pumpkin latte different Creamer like hazelnut, vanilla, irish cream, eggnog to the coffee maker.
    New Recipe added like lasagna waffles, pumpkin pie, more pizza, Sushi, Pecan pie, Chicken noodle soup, Chicken and dumpling, peach cobbler

How about adding oranges, corn kale, cucumbers, gingers, eggplant, celery,beets, edible pumpkins so that we can make super smoothies from the juices machine

This would be a dream come true B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited July 2019
    to add on I'd like to see manicure/pedicure stations. It's a small addition but I'd really enjoy it and I think others would too.
    Post edited by aprilrose on
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Also if they can make lounge chairs they can also make strollers and swings.

Swings came in Seasons like....?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    Personally, between many things I also still want my shopping bag animations for GTW/CL's/Jungle Adventure garage sale tables.

670?cb=20130731051229
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Personally, between many things I also still want my shopping bag animations for GTW/CL's/Jungle Adventure garage sale tables.

670?cb=20130731051229

Yes I miss the shopping bags, it completed the shopping experience for me. I miss open for business ☹️
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    to add on I'd like to see manicure/pedicure stations. It's a small addition but I'd really enjoy it and I thinm others would too.

with actual nails and nail colors! that'd be lovely!
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    CARS. And a school overhaul.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Also if they can make lounge chairs they can also make strollers and swings.

Swings came in Seasons like....?

Then in that case they can make strollers.
    edited July 2019

670?cb=20130731051229

Yes I miss the shopping bags, it completed the shopping experience for me. I miss open for business ☹️

I miss the whole open for business pack

The only good thing that came out of retail the bakery items and recipes

marcel21 wrote: »

670?cb=20130731051229

Kind of true honestly. Retail was half baked in GTW, but at least it was better than TS3's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    beville wrote: »

I could not agree more with this post. I have wanted the food processor (which shipped with every other basegame) back forever. We should have had it in TS4 and it should significantly lessen cooking times. We also would benefit from having a juicer (like you said), blender, toaster oven, waffle iron or crepe maker, fancy hot drink maker etc, all with unique recipes. The bake oven from TS1 and the pizza oven from the TS3 store would also be nice to have back (with the ability to work off the grid since they are wood-burning).

I also wish they would bring back the canning station and the ability to make canned preserves, jams, pickles, relishes and chutneys. Adding these to existing and new dishes should improve their quality and give special moodlets.

I think they should routinely add recipes not just to the cooking but also to the gourmet cooking lists, especially at the higher levels: I agree with all your suggestions, but I would also like to have some of the old recipes back: let’s have ratatouille again for our vegetarian sims, dim sum, cheese plate, crepes, filet mignon, peach tartlet, frogs legs (we do have a whole frog collection after all), autumn salad, goopy carbonara, tri-tip steak, stu surprise, key lime pie (with limes and lime trees back in the game, of course), gingerbread cookies and houses, and angel food cake. (Some of these recipes should be under gourmet cooking so that there is more choice on that list).

To your ingredient list I would add any or all of these following varieties: apricots, blackberries, raspberries, currants and blueberries (for the jams), dates, figs, grapefruit, kiwi, lychee, peaches, guava, mango, melons, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, chilies, fennel, leeks, nuts, okras, olives, squash, and yams.

In addition, I couldn’t agree more that we need more family activities and socials, especially kid to kid socials, toddler and kid socials, parent and kid activities, etc, including games like hide and seek, Mary Mack, cops and robbers, Marco Polo, teaching a nursery rhyme, etc. I would also dearly love to have the bake oven from TS2 and TS3 back to allow the sim kids again to make simple baked goods to sell and share, and also to get a head start on cooking.The lemonade stand would also be great as well as the tree house. Maybe these last two could be tied into the woodworking skill: once a sim was talented enough in handiness he or she could make them and a child in the family could use them.
  • AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    Like @Gordy said, Sims being petty and vengeful toward their enemies. I also want an ability to break into houses, use their bathroom, fridge etc.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    • Exportable family tree. Sims being more aware of their family tree and their household.

I miss the Sims 2 times, where family ties matter. Would lvoe if SIms 4 took that far and create unique interactions for each family ties... An aunt clenching her nephews cheek, a grandmother offering healthy food for her grandchildren, cousins 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off the old family members, etc...
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Are we talking about something simple and realizable, or a fantasy?

Something really simple I have always wanted in this game is the ability to customize a sim’s work clothes in CAS.

My fantasy: memories that affect a sim’s personality and mood, with the ability to customize and even create them to give a sim more of a back story.

More family and relationship customization would also be nice, with the chance to create step-families, divorced couples, grandparents raising grandchildren, aunts, uncles and cousin relationships, as well as romantic partners who are not married but who are only dating or engaged. Unlikely, I know, but we can dream ..,
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    My patch would have 3 major aspects:

Island Living related
    - Swimming everywhere, entering all bodies of water
    - More activities in shallow water (example: why isn't the "play in" animation from the fountain/waterfall not available?)
    - New objects: Waterslide, Volleyball net (as a freebie for the team sport EP I will releaser later)
    - Fix Off the Grid gameplay
    - Aqua Jet and Sailboat get integrated into the club system
    - New type of sailboat useable for several sims of all ages

Movement related
    - True Free Will off option (no choosing their own conversation topics, no acting on their own when in motive failure)
    - Sims choose the closest seating over the spot with the most other sims for eating
    - Fix Musical Chairs
    - Fix compulsive sitting down when in conversation
    - Introduce markers for rooms ("this is a bathroom") that allow to blacklist certain activities for those rooms ("no washing dishes here") and/or goad sims to priorize this room for certain activities ("go here to eat")
    - New content: Dance while holding hands (probably as a freebie for a potential dance school GP)
    - Overhaul the aggressive club interactions to actually work
    - Tricycle and Bike decorative clutter (teaser for an upcoming GP)

Sim Management related
    - Role Manager: Whenever the game thinks it needs a new townie a prompt comes up that will allow us to "choose existing sim", "generate new sim now", "let game generate the role sim" or "don't do anything". This function is inspired by Miitopia and can get turned off if the player feels it's too intrusive
    - New tab in Household Management for roles
    - New categories in CAS: Costumes, Camping wear
    - Return of the Sims 2 Family Album
    - Pets become fully controllable
    - Homeschooling becomes an option (probably only very sketchy, so I can release an SP related to homeschooling later)

I have mods for some of those things, but it would be nice to be able to retire those mods.

YES YES YES!! Love these ideas for a patch. Love the Role Manager idea. I get so many unnecessary townies created so often, it drives me crazy.

I would also like to add a pool party event or at the very least allow us to choose the clothing option when we start an event. Party wear is not always appropriate.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I would also like to add a pool party event or at the very least allow us to choose the clothing option when we start an event. Party wear is not always appropriate.

oh my god, yes.

Trying to hold a banquet, but you can't select "formal wear" as the occasion. Want to have a casual wedding but everyone shows up in black tie. Want to approximate a funeral but you can't get everyone to come in black. (I mean, the game should have funerals anyway but that's beside the point). Being able to set a dress-code for social events the way you can for club gatherings would be very very much appreciated.

Also being able to see both/all parties relationship lists when planning things like weddings. I know folks have said this before, but boy is it jarring that only one side of the family is ever there because the betrothed don't know all of each other's aunts and cousins.

But also, we just need more event types. Pool party, funeral, family reunion (where family members they haven't even met might show up!), open invitation events (like "open to all toddlers", etc) where you can meet people, etc. Especially since you can't have toddlers in clubs, and so can't even use the club system as a workaround.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    edited July 2019
    marcel21 wrote: »

670?cb=20130731051229

Kind of true honestly. Retail was half baked in GTW, but at least it was better than TS3's.

I wish they had done retail and shops in its own expansion pack

true the sims 3 was not as good in some ways

however I loved we could shop in shops for food, books, consignment shop items, make and sell toys and the bakery shop.
    you could even make stain glass windows and chains. earrings, bracelets etc etc

and the cinema.and football stadium

I wish they updated gifts in the sims 4 online shopping though,

How I long for some of this to come in the sims 4

Adding to the list:

- The ability to turn down promotions. Instead of being automatically promoted, the popup says they've been offered the promotion, details on what the promotion entails, with buttons to accept or decline.

Sometimes for story purposes I like where my sim is at. Or their job is just a way to make money and the new work schedule would clash with more important goals (losing a two day weekend does this a lot). It'd also be cool to have sims who've been offered a promotion and declined it have the ability to request a promotion later (or even add "request promotion" to people who haven't been offered it yet, and it could have a chance to work or a chance to backfire - but if you've been offered it before then success is super likely).
    Sometimes I stream.