Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with CC or Vanilla?

1235...Next

Comments

• Clementine_TeaClementine_Tea Posts: 20 Member
    CC, but with maxis match. I think alpha doesn't fit the aesthetic of the game. I also have a few gameplay mods, as well.
    tumblr_n43w4pCOm11sf2cljo1_400.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Vanilla in Sims 4. I don't even use cheats, mods or CC in a game in development.

But once a game is finished some I explore with CC. My Sims 2 game has a lot of CC where as Sims 3 only has a few skins, eyes, and hairs - . Sims 2 I use game cheats in the form of a number of tools - like Simpe and such. Sims 3 I use tools too like CAW etc.

Sims 1 I had a bit of CC - and a number of mods - but I no longer have Sims 1 in my pc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I cc some cc and mods. It used to be out of control; but took out anything that I really don't use, like or only if I need it for some characters and stories I am playing at the time. Mostly Maxis match as alpha just looks weird and stands out too much. Doesn't go well with the style and I liked the cartoon style as it goes with what sims originally was about and how we are getting better items all the time now.
  • katzsimovichkatzsimovich Posts: 15 New Member
    God i wish i could go back to playing a purely vanilla game again. But ive gone too far down thw rabbit hole and i have too many mods and cc that it would turn my entire save upside down if i took them all out now. Most of the cc i have are maxis match, and i try to limit my big mods to the really essential ones like mccc and meaningful stories, along with the smaller ones like fixes by littlemisssam and bienchen. I once tried to throw my entire mods folder out bec i was so tired of updating them after every patch, but i just couldnt. I was too weak😩
  • katzsimovichkatzsimovich Posts: 15 New Member
    [quote="Writin_Reg;c-17117982"]Vanilla in Sims 4. I don't even use cheats, mods or CC in a game in development.
    [/quote]
    Makes me remember how easy it was to look for mods for the older games like sims 2 and 3. Didnt have to worry about updates, since there weren't anymore.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Vanilla. No CC or MOO. Though I always have testingcheats on.
    Main reason is that I want my game working properly.
    I'm interested in MCC (for a more lively world and accidental pregnancies) and adding some new hair colors but I don't feel it's really worth it.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'll use whatever comes out best in cc and mods after Sims4 is completed and done with. I see the problems Simmers get from browsing the Forums.

I'm no good at making cc or mods myself but managed to do a few recolours and convert the red lovebed "The Vibromatic Heart Bed" in "The Sims" to a blue one. That was my crowning achievement and I found out how to use Batch files. I think that exhausted my capabilities!
  • crowbarx5crowbarx5 Posts: 11 New Member
    i never would play the sims without mods!
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I play with mods and CC. The CC is almost all CAS stuff , and as for mods I only have MCCC, UI Cheats, a CAS lighting mod, and a pink CAS background
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Both. It depends on my mood really. I think I just like to cc shop because I frequently get bored with the stuff I have and dump the lot of it to go shopping again or I clean out my mods folder completely and play vanilla for a while. I just rebuilt my pc last month though so I'm cc free at the moment. I'm thinking I might go cc shopping today since I'm off work.

o:)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.