Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next update. New content or base game fixes?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I'd actually love a big bug fix update and maybe they could focus on fixing the bugs instead of adding new content. New content is always great but what's the point of yet another toilet or bed or whatever when I can't use it since the game is bugged to death?

But to answer the speculation question, I do think the next update will include objects. I'm thinking the island living kitchen island counter that's missing?
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Base game fixes and play style adding fear emotion new interactions, failure and rewards system etc..
    I try not to get my hopes up so I'm going with big fixes.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Base game fixes and play style adding fear emotion new interactions, failure and rewards system etc..
    I want them to fix bugs in the game but adding new emotions and traits is like adding new content which I think would cause more bugs if they didn't do it in a pack. They would likely test it before releasing it in a pack.

I'm thinking of the 'off the grid' lot trait that was released in a patch. It needs the game content to work like washing counters, cleaning objects, and the wash tub to work in the lot trait. They released it without really testing how it would work in the game.

they do the new contents in the pack, and still introduce many bugs, vampire bug in get famous release, vampire cannot backfloat in island living, dark meditation, influence power, toddler bug, spoiled food, grilled cheese bug you name it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Please fix the bugs! I can't play with my toddlers right now and that really upsets me. There were many new bugs in the big update that are driving me nuts. I wasted weeks of my time since that June18th update just waiting for some mods to be updated, and I could not play the game without them. Thankfully, these are all updated and playing along with my other mods quite nicely again. I know I gripe about the mods issue a lot, but when the mods I use erase irritations and fix long-standing unfixed bugs from the past, I consider them to be essential. If the teams would take the time to fix these bugs without breaking them time after time with patches, packs and updates I would be ecstatic. But with every new update and pack we seem to get more and more bugs that never get nuked which is why some of us use mods. A lot of mods. It's almost as if the teams know a mod creator will fix these bugs thus relieving them of having to take care of anything. It is quite annoying when the very people that create this game can't fix their own mistakes.

The only new features I'd like to see are a few additions to the Island Living expansion. Such as the missing island counters. Or a new dance style to go along with the new world. More island themed decor items. Fewer fire dances would be nice, too. My Sim attended a bonfire event and one female islander spent six Sim hours (Not Kidding) standing in one place and whirling away like a pyromaniac on a sugar rush. My Sim could not even interact with her. Oh, a bug I noticed recently....why are my Sims getting moodlets for no reason, and why is everyone so darn flirty all the time? At the bonfire event, my Sim became playful, then hysterical, then confident all in about two minutes of gameplay, while standing by himself and not interacting with any other Sim. And every Sim on the lot was flirting up a storm with everyone. Even the married Sims! In front of their partners for crying out loud. As soon as my Sim starts to converse with another Sim, male or female, the other Sim flips between being enticing or throwing kisses at him. And he doesn't have any traits that might make this happen.

Features I would like to see have to include Sims actually facing one another while dancing. Almost five years in and our Sims still act as if they're ashamed to be seen dancing with anyone. A way to add rocks and plants under decks with the new glass flooring, and fewer stilts beneath the houses and decks. Why use glass floors on outdoor decks over the water if all we can see are stilts. smh I had visions of fish swimming under those glass panels, and was sorely disappointed to see that wasn't possible. No fish? Okay, maybe that was too much to ask for but surely we should be able to do a bit of landscaping. I've been using those glass 'floor panels' as skylights. I know we can't place anything near the stilts because the stilts are actually a paint applied to a solid foundation that is filled with water. A cheat for landscaping under the deck areas would make me very happy. I would also like the teams to add a bit more to the conservationist career. There should be times when the island begins to lose some of it's perfection, such as being littered after a monsoon. And then someone has to go out and clean up the beaches. Maintaining a good ecological balance doesn't happen on its own and is an ongoing battle. Creating new policies that affect everyone in Sulani is a nice touch, but there should be more for the other branch of that career also.

And has anyone figured out the meaning behind the mural beside the explorable cave? And why does it disappear? Our Sims should be able to do something with it after all that time spent exploring a rabbithole. I did it once and I won't be doing it again unless something is added to give it a bit more meaning to my Sims. More mulit-tasking with the lounge chairs is another feature I need. Talking to one another, reading a book, or even listening to music would be nice touches. More off the grid lot trait items that make sense. There should be solar panels and propane stoves and fridges. I mean, we can water our plants. Where does this magical water come from? We should be able to put in a well system or store rainwater in barrels and then it wouldn't seem odd to have running water in some sinks and bathroom objects.

I hope we all see what we want in the next patch. The features I would like to see probably won't happen any time soon. So the best I can hope for is a few bug fixes that will allow me to delete a couple of mods.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't want a fear emotion, but bug fixes would be great!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    New house objects or clothes
    Bren91 wrote: »
    Ive heard a rumor that the next maxis monthly might share about a new game update but i was dissapointed to hear they may just add more objects to the game. Don't get me wrong more game content is nice but I'd rather them focus on the base game itself to make the game feel more alive. Like adding more social interactions or adding a fear emotion or updating the traits so they have more impact on who a sim is. Adding a negative points system so sims feel failure when they don't reach their goals to make the rewards feel all the more rewarding. Adding a better attraction system. Adding more whims, while also fixing the bugs in the games. Im just wondering how many people feel this way or would rather have new game objects or clothes?

I had to go with new objects on the chance we might get more pool items which is needed. Pool Slides and Pool Waterfalls come to mind but right now I'd just settle for bug fixes of Island Living and what the June 18th Patch broke.
  • Options
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I mean we could be getting a base game update we don’t know it’s house objects and CAS stuff. They update things in the base game too pretty often, at least once a year it seems. A lot of the stuff currently in the base game wasn’t originally there like toddlers, terrain tools, pools, ghosts, gender update, and I know I’m missing more. I’d of course prefer new interaction like stuff vs objects but currently we don’t know what they are announcing. I’m not saying get hyped because that never works out well, but don’t be disappointed yet either 😉.

Personally I'll be suprised if we get any new content with this patch. I'm thinking mainly bug fixes but you never know. Seems like SimGuruFrost is excited about the Maxis Monthly.
  • Options
    adduapina wrote: »
    If it's not broken, why fix it? My game works fine, there's not too many bugs going on (nothing that good old resetsim can't handle / edit: except the High Chair problem....), but I'd like the base game to be updated. Like @Sharonia said:
    Sharonia wrote: »
    We have more than enough objects in the game already. I would prefer bug fixes and new play style options like improved personalities, consequences to actions, some random events here and there. Maybe some new traits and for all traits to be more meaningful.
    Better babies would be nice as well.

I'd really love the traits to affect my sims more and the NPCs too. I want my sims to feel whole, as much like "real people" and now it just seems that they lack something. "Enthuse about Outdoors" and such are boring, because we already have the options to Enthuse about Interests or Discuss Interests. I'd love my outdoorsy sim to autonomously go to the garden or grill something if I'm playing another sim atm, or my geeky sim to go play videogames or bookworms to start reading. Atm, it seems that some traits are more "powerful" than others (especially those which give emotional boosts like inspired/self-assured/erratic etc.) And that's only because of the emotional buffs they give.
    New traits would be awesome! I, as many others, have played this game +1k hours and it's nice to have something new every now and then. I'd like from previous games at least Handy, Heavy and Light sleepers to return. And as mentioned above, I think Loves Outdoors is a nice trait, but I miss Angler and Green Thumb quite a lot.

I would love the memory system to be updated to more like the one in TS2/TS3. Now it's really not doing it for me. What it means is that I find it difficult to follow my sims lifespan if I return to an older save. They did it better before, so they fixed what wasn't broken in the first place.

Though we already got nice new stuff lately, like the freelancer career in a patch I'd wish (*cough* for more career options still *cough*) there will be a new patch coming soon.

Try taking a picture with UI enabled. UI no longer shows in pics enabled for it in game options. This was broken during the June 18th Patch.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Right now, the only thing I want is a fix for my toddlers. I'm generally pretty tolerant about bugs - if it doesn't crash to desktop or keep my Sim from doing something very basic, I can live with it. Having to avoid all toys, the tablet and picture books, with the only workaround being to reset the Sim (with items often ending up floating in the air and routing problems ensuing) or going into CAS or manage worlds multiple times in a single day is a game-breaker.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i would LOVE for a gameplay update rather than just more objects and other stuff

but i think we're getting objects and other stuff with minimal bug fixes