Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with the enormous lot in Del Sol Valley's Mirage Park

I'm rebuilding and filling up all the neighborhoods in game but this huge lot in this mid-range neighborhood has me stumped. It's big enough for a mansion but it doesn't fit into the style of neighborhood. So what did you guys do with it?

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I have built a big but cozy vet clinic and am very happy with it. It's on the gallery under my name: Vet Clinic Del Sol.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I turned that whole neighborhood into townhouses. That one houses 8 sims.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    I'm planning to turn it into several small houses for all those little driveways that goes into it. Or something like a trailer park. Everything else would look weird to me.

Will later fill it up with a bunch of sims.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Left as-is
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I made 3 houses with garage apartments attached, that look the same as the ones nearby, and use it for the townies that I want in my game but don't play. So each of my 8 sims gets their own apartment or house :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have not actually re-build the houses on there. My sim Zen from SM moved there a while back to pursuit her dream of being an actress. She was always a performer at heart.

I wanted to play roommates for once, so I moved her in with Vanessa Jeong who was always sad, cause she lost her start of fame immediately when I moved in there. Kind of annoying to keep her up while I want to focus on my main sim.
    I try to play the least as possible with Vanessa and mostly let her move on autonomy, but the game does not offer much with this setting. I have to find jobs for her, love interests, skill buildings etc. Very disappointing..

I did refurnish their house with a 70s vibe and an upgraded garden to throw cool CA style backyard parties. Also added a second bedroom for my sims Zen. This is all the change I made. The other house remains at it is. For now there is no necessity to change anything on these lots for me.

26-4-19-0-14-55.png
    24-4-19-1-27-40.png
    21-4-19-1-19-40.png
    21-4-19-1-12-14.png
    20-4-19-22-50-16.png
    20-4-19-21-43-53.png
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thank you for starting this thread @jooxis because I've been trying to figure that out myself. Also, love what you did with Vanessa's place @FurSimsOfficial! Amazing makeover.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I downloaded a 5 bedroom family house that was specifically built for that lot.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    I’m still contemplating what to do with that lot. I’m not usually one for huge houses, but I definitely want it to be residential, so I need to figure out how to fill all the extra space.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Judging from the surrounding fake houses it’s meant for townhouses.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I never know what to do with the huge lots in any of the worlds. There's one in Sulani as well. They seem way to big for homes.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I never know what to do with the huge lots in any of the worlds. There's one in Sulani as well. They seem way to big for homes.

I know right XD I'm in the minority, I wish all worlds came with only small lots (20x15 and 20x30) and maybe ONE big lot per world - and by "big" I mean 40x30 :D

Anyhow thanks for your input guys, I'm really liking the trailer park idea the most :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Trailer park.
    I haven't played it, but the intent was to make several trailer homes on the lot, but only control one of the sims.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    If we could just make our own apartment buildings the townhouse idea would be truly wonderful.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2019
    I placed a two level apartment building on it that I downloaded from the gallery. That's how I maximize space so I can have more families in Del Sol Valley since the lots are few. I did the same for the other lots in Mirage Park, placing a tower apartment in the lot next to the 50x40 and a trailer park in the lot across from it.

Apartment Complex by Iruloveshiro

This is the trailer park that I used in Mirage Park.
    Hippie Trailer Park by CatSaar

If you decide to go for a trailer park or apartments, you might have trouble locking doors to keep everyone assigned to their own units. But there is a workaround for this issue. With the bug, sims can still enter a home even if you lock the door. But once they enter, they can't leave unless you unlock the door. The locks only work from one side. So if you reverse the door, the locks will work as they should.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2019
    I put these 2 craftsman style houses with garages on it:
    K3oFkYf.jpg

xqBFjE3.jpg

ssVD7cK.jpg

hgX0buj.jpg

I should add, the tan one was a gallery lot download that was much smaller than the Mirage Park lot, so I moved it over to one side of the lot and built the green one next to it.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I’m still contemplating what to do with that lot. I’m not usually one for huge houses, but I definitely want it to be residential, so I need to figure out how to fill all the extra space.

@So_Money put rocket ship or observatory? Add the pond that came with GF?
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Wow @Pamtastic72 those houses fit in so well!