Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Toddler Suggestions?

2...Next

Comments

• ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    I have a parent make a feast and all my toddlers will grab a plate. I don’t know why your toddlers can’t eat
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    @FairyGodMother

Would placing the chairs here help solve the issue and then just place servings on the counter and call them to eat?

07-09-19_6-41-53_PM.png
    07-09-19_7-01-17_PM.png

Found out that they can't reach them, so I moved them
    Yay the chairs work thanks 🙂
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2019
    Butlers help a lot, but need Vintage pack for that. Basically best way is to have them all on the same schedule if possible. I have five toddlers in a save and pretty much just have plates of food ready for them to eat. Party plates are the best because you get like 10 servings. Then so food doesn't spoil, put it in the fridge either by the Sim or using the hand tool and take the food out when the toddler is hungry again. Blocks and dollhouses and those big stuff animals tend to keep them happy and the playground with the toddler pack helps a lot too. Bathing can be a bit more challenging. I just make sure to have at least 2 shower/tub combos for the toddlers and the pets. Also make sure to have at least 2-3 potty training chairs as well. Highchairs are nice to use too. It is pretty cute reading them to sleep which also raises their creativity. The wabbit tablet and blocks are also great for raising skills too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Toddlers are glitched maybe just twins and triplets, I had twins born the natural way on my Sims 4 at home. first, they were normal babies but when I aged them up to toddlers they were supper fat babies lol, big bellies and legs lol, but so cute.

Sad thing one would not eat enough to not get taken, she nibbled her food and put it down, she would sleep little and get up from sleep soon as her rest was in yellow of course she woke near starving. Her twin sister was normal and ate all her meals and slept through the night or until I woke her. both were smart but the glitched one was always in red for food, sleep, and potty. She nibbled her food but refuse to eat more even sitting on the couch while eating she would eat only a little then put her plate on the table. She was a sweet well-behaved toddler, just she had a glitch, So I repaired my game. It helped but she still would not eat all her food. I could do nothing so I just aged them up, I had plans for toddlers dates but I had to cut their toddler life of fun short to save the one that refused to eat and sleep.

When I aged them up they were normal thick children, which I rather have then the extream skinny kids you can get. In about two sims weeks while I was busy with the family I notice that both were now slim, and ate normal, had sweets and ice cream in the fridge at all times, which they did eat.

I find the fewer adults you have around your toddler the better. I use nannies for babies but never for my toddlers. I rather put them in a high chair But the highchair is glitched with the pick up put down glitch, that never got fixe even though they claimed they did fix it, It's not fixed. :s And worst the toddler will call mommy if daddy has put her in the high chair to eat, your controlling daddy so you will not allow him to pick the child up, so once the toddler calls out to a parent while in the high chair nothing will stop that parent from coming to the toddlers aid and taking them out of the high chair. So I just rather either put food on the table and get them to grab a plate or put food in their inventory and ask them to eat it.

Also, I think sippy cups no longer work, they can not drink only put in inventory.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

Also, I think sippy cups no longer work, they can not drink only put in inventory.

Yes, I am having this issue also. Toddlers do not autonomously drink and there is no option to "Drink" on the sippy cups - only "Place in Inventory".
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    Reset the Toddler Sim and let them get themselves a serving from a multi-portion meal on a counter. They will eat until their hunger bar goes green, but may need additional prompting to finish / fill their bars. Between the "sticky hands" glitch and the strong pull on Adult Sims, the high chair is more hassle than it is really worth now.

Get all Toddlers to Potty skill 2 ASAP, so they can start to address their own needs there. "Sticky hands" will also interrupt the potty interaction. If they won't stay on the potty, use Resetsim on the Toddler and try again.

Try to avoid the Wabbit Tablet or toybox toys, as these will result in the "sticky hands" glitch, as will perusing books on their own. The dollhouse, nesting boxes and "Ask to Read Book" options are safe.

Hire a Maid. Your life is caring for Toddlers, now. You will barely have time to eat, shower, use the toilet and sleep. It is helpful to have Sim one else do the cleanup.
    I also have been seeing Toys like stuck in random positions when they supposedly drop them instead of placing the on a surface or the floor.

Yes, this seems more common if I have the bb.moveobjects cheat on. Also, sometimes the tablet/book/plate/toy does not appear when I reset, but only after exiting the save and reloading. It's another artifact of the "sticky hands" glitch.
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    The toddler glitches are so annoying! I'm forever using 'resetsim'.
    I've then found once I've reset them they will happily eat off a plate or do what they need to do. And when they glitch the next time I just use the cheat again. Certainly difficult to keep on top of three toddlers though!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    Close you autonomy for the picking up/putting down. And get yourself a routine.
    Wake up early in the morning, feeding is always the most important so start looking at the toddler that needs that the most. Toddlers can climb stairs themself, so you can feed them on the floor if the chairs are too much work for you. They can also go by them self to the potty and you can assist them.
    Only use free time to teach them how to talk/walk etc. Let them play with educational toys or get an elder sim in your house to take care of their grandchilds if possible.

Also, set a time for them to be in bed. Read before sleeping, that keeps them from waking up. I bring them to bed around 9.
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member

Also, set a time for them to be in bed. Read before sleeping, that keeps them from waking up. I bring them to bed around 9.

My parents cannot "Read to Sleep" anymore, the parent won't sit on the bed, the action cancels and the toddler gets out of bed.

And 'resetsim' is no longer working on my toddler...
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I like to get my toddlers to level 2 potty so i can direct them to potty. Everything else i can have them go get food that's out, talk to each other and they can play with blocks. I think blocks are safe...?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    Yep - blocks are safe, for Movement and Thinking. Stereos for Movement. The dollhouses are safe for Imagination. Stuffed animals for Communication (plus other Sims in the household, of course).
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Good luck-triplet toddlers are rough. I was "lucky" enough to have two sets back to back in my game. One house had 3 girls, the next 2 girls and a boy. Both sets are teenagers now.

The toddlers not eating thing is a newer bug, so I didn't have to contend with that, but here are some things I picked up in general.

1) Forget about high chairs. Just make a party sized group meal and leave it on the counter. I sometimes would have the adults cook ahead and leave plates of leftovers in the fridge so they would have them on hand, as they always seemed to wake up starving before the parents even had time to make it to the kitchen. The chairs in the kitchen are an adorable idea. Mine just ate on the couch most of the time.

2) The faster you raise the movement skill, the faster the toddlers will be able to move at a normal pace. If your house doesn't have a stereo, put one in a central area now so the toddlers can dance. Dancing raises movement, fun, and allows the toddler to build a relationship with whoever they're dancing with. My triplets had a ton of dance parties when I needed to keep them all occupied at once.

3) Just like the previous posters said, get them to level 2 in potty as quickly as you can so that you can direct them to go on their own. They'll take longer to get to level 3 that way than if you had an adult take them, but there's only so much time in a day. (If any of them have the "independent" trait they'll be able to do this from the beginning.)

4) This is more of an aesthetic thing, but since it looks like you've got 3 boys who all look pretty similar...color coding. My set of 3 girls have been color coded since birth. One always wears yellow, one always wears blue, and one always wears pink. Their bedrooms are color coded as well. (The two girls in my other set are practically identical as well, so they were "character coded" and wore shirts with who they were named after.) Not really essential as far as basic care goes, but it does help to quickly know which one is which. It also helped to make sure that I always did the bath and bedtime routine in the same order.

5) Take screenshots! Yes, it will make you want to pull your hair out but watching them interact with each other is also adorable. (I actually got kind of sad when my sets aged up.)
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I had a Sim that just had triplets. Unfortunately the current toddler bug is keeping me from playing them. It's a very frustrating bug and resetsim gets old quick when you have three of them to deal with.

I'm just playing with my other save sim family. It currently has only one toddler to deal with. Hopefully they fix this soon. I was canceling tasks to keep the Adult Sim from taking the toddler out the highchair just after putting them in it but even that got annoying after a while so I took the highchair out. Now they just grab a plate from the counter or the sim parent hands it to them. The only annoying part of this is it takes the toddler forever to eat but when they're done eating they'll set the plate down as long as I don't have any other tasks for them. If I have tasks set up for them to do after eating the toddler breaks.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Buy the wabbit tablet. It's like crack cocaine to the little cherubs. Have 'em glued to tablets while you care for each one separately.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Buy the wabbit tablet. It's like crack cocaine to the little cherubs. Have 'em glued to tablets while you care for each one separately.

They won't be able to put it down! ;)

No, seriously - it can glitch them so they are stuck with it, unable to eat, potty or sleep until reset. Until the "sticky hands" glitch gets fixed, I'd steer clear.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @EnderGamer87 Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Lovely family you have there, I can't imagine playing with so many toddlers as you do. One is a handful for me (I love them toddlers though).

I forgot to say to set the stools sideways at the table, but glad you figured out how to use the chairs for the little ones!