It's Patch day! The latest update is now live for The Sims 4 which includes critical updates to Gallery and in-game profanity filters. Click here to read the notes.

Small things that annoy you about the sims 4.

«1
I love the sims franchise and especially the sims 4. However there are some small details that really bother me sometimes. Lets share our own small irritations or bothers that we find in the game?

- When sims put dirty dishes on half walls
- that the game keeps spawning a bunch of homeless island children in my game
- every animal that is not your own is sick and you cant treat strays as a vet
- not being able to "fertilize all"
- sims leaving piles of cups laying around in san myshuno (pic)

2130riv.png

Comments

  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Cleaning dishes in the bathroom.
    While in a restaurant , cafe or nightclub sims on the next table joining in on the conversation my sim is having with her date. Get lost !! My sim doesn't want to talk to you .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,983 Member
    Omg the San Myshuno plate thing drives me crazy too. I also love sims 4 a lot but of course there are still things that when I’m playing are irritating and annoying.

    -when you tell your sim to do something and the action gets canceled out and you go back to them and they are doing something completely different
    -when friends come over and immediately go to the computer and ignore your sims
    -when your sim only does an action for like 10 seconds like swimming or playing a game then stops completely

  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I can't stand Multitasking, My sims constantly take several hours to do one thing and often times when I queue up a bunch of stuff for them to do when they are done they cancel the action all. the. time Just do what I tell you to do you, virtual minion.

    the home button on the sim skewer thing, my sims cancel the action all the time. "use the m key" no I want quick and easy to go home, clicking the m key is like 6 clicks to get home, clicking the house button 1. So no.

    plates on halfwalls, I wouldn't mind it so much it if it wasn't ALL half-walls, its the tall ones too, taller than the sims themselves. If it was just the ones that came to about their waist I wouldn't mind so much. and they'll put them on shelves and counters, please the dishwasher is right there.

    Also lets take these dishes in the basement(Wichi has its own bathroom) and go up the stairs, walk through the kitchen to the second floor then through the master bedroom then to the master bath and wash dishes in the sink.
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »

    I hate that too. its like please, im trying to whisper sweet nothings into this cuties ear
    Akl500P wrote: »

    the same at parties if you have computers out side locked doors. id be so insulted irl lol
    Techbilt wrote: »

    placing dirty dishes on shelves too. hahaha

  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited July 2019
    - Sims canceling actions I just set them.
    - Leaving dirty plates and glasses on the floor, table, half wall or kitchen surface.
    - Dropping trash on the floor and then complaining about the mess. :D
    - Children and toddler paint mess everywhere. This is my biggest annoyance in the Sims 4. I hate it with a passion.
    - Female sims sitting in unflattering positions while wearing skirts. Please close legs. :D
    - Foreign unpronounceable townie names everywhere.
    - Hideous townie outfits everywhere.
    - Being able to only walk one pet at a time.
    - The ugly as hell pregnancy walk. Pregnant women don't walk this way ever in real life.

    There's probably more things that annoy me but these are the ones that instantly pop up in my mind.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,229 Member
    • When my boss/coworker calls my sim during a shift at work and asks to go out to a festival/party.
    • When I get several calls/messages at once and the one I WANT gets booted out and I can longer receive the call/text I was hoping for. Now my sim has to awkwardly decline ANOTHER invite to go out.
    • When Nancy calls while my sim is having a meltdown, trying to raise 4 kids as a single mom, and asks if I want to join her down at the club tonight. For the 4th day in a row. NO NANCY. You're supposed to be my FRIEND. Why are you asking me to go clubbing with you and not offering to babysit my DEMON SPAWNS?
    Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

    (I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

    L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.com/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 1,660 Member
    The only thing that really annoys me is how long certain things can take to cancel. I said NO!
  • StarstruckSimmerStarstruckSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    edited July 2019
    • When Sims cancel one of the actions I told them to do to, idk, watch TV or something. It's like, C'MON, stop watching TV and do the dishes already!
    • When you wanna kill a Sim but it JUST. WON'T. DIE. I had this issue once, and it's plum.
    • When one Sim flirts with another, the other Sim dosn't like it, then you swap Sims and flirt with the Sim who just tried to flirt with the Sim your playing as, the the Sim who tried to flirt with the Sim your playing as doesn't like it. Does that make sense? No, it doesn't.
    • When your Sims leave dirty dishes everywhere.
    • When the townies have CRAZILY HIDEOUS outfits. Eugh.
    • When townies have mismatched CC on.
    Post edited by StarstruckSimmer on
    b664aa5fd45b450309991d52cad05b285b11ca07.png
    old simmer whos just now getting back into it
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Basically everything stated above. Except the pregnancy walk. I kind of think its cute.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2019
    • i really wish i could bulldoze lots without having to load into them. gets annoying
    • actions not being cancelled
    • when sims come over to your house and use the computer
    • cleaning dishes in the bathroom sink
    • not being able to host social events at generic lots

    for some reason i don't mind the cups all over San Myshuno. i'm just like "ooh free drinks!"
    Post edited by alyssa123 on
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 329 Member
    Kids queueing up to ASK ADVICE! Drives me nuts. :s
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    - Sims canceling actions I just set them.
    - Leaving dirty plates and glasses on the floor, table, half wall or kitchen surface.
    - Dropping trash on the floor and then complaining about the mess. :D
    - Children and toddler paint mess everywhere. This is my biggest annoyance in the Sims 4. I hate it with a passion.
    - Female sims sitting in unflattering positions while wearing skirts. Please close legs. :D
    - Foreign unpronounceable townie names everywhere.
    - Hideous townie outfits everywhere.
    - Being able to only walk one pet at a time.
    - The ugly as hell pregnancy walk. Pregnant women don't walk this way ever in real life.

    There's probably more things that annoy me but these are the ones that instantly pop up in my mind.

    Bolding by me. Isn't there some way to stop this? Like enough Manners or Responsibility? Or Mental skill, or... something? Because toddlers sleep better after a certain amount of skill in thinking and throw less tantrums/defy less often.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,873 Member
    edited July 2019
    When the game decided to always drop my action queue out of nowhere and when the game refuses to cancel the action i was trying to cancel.
    Way too many popups, kids asking for advices? check, the result of the advice? check, some career event? check, school event? check.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,558 Member
    edited July 2019
    - Drinking water and juice way too frequently, especially kids
    - Picking up all the dishes but then, instead of actually washing them, just leaving them on the table
    - Not consistently doing the dishes in the nearby kitchen sink, but rather in any other sink
    - Getting up in the middle of their meal to hug or kiss each other when starting a conversation
    - Currently, the bug that makes toddlers hold toys in their hands that won't go away unless you reset them
    - The fact that all kids in the household will always bring home school projects on the same day. I can understand this if they're in the same age group, but I wish the school wouldn't just dish the projects out to, literally, the entire school once every so many days
    - The fact that it takes way too much time to cancel certain actions
    - Related to my previous point, the fact that sims will often still walk up to the place they would've performed the canceled action at even if it has already disappeared from their queue

    ETA: sorry, I forgot the biggest annoyance of them all:
    - the monster under the bed. I hate it.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 1,660 Member
    For those who have it, MCCC can take care of a lot of these small annoyances. Monster under the bed? Yup. Dishes in the wrong sinks? Yup. Getting drinks? Yup. And a lot more.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    When the ''freeRealEstate'' Cheat doesnt work and you have to delete the house and save it on the Gallery manually motherlode on an empty lot and then replace the house.
    So.many.loadingscreens.....
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 687 Member
    - Doing the dishes in the bathroom sink, on the second floor, despite having a dishwasher close by...
    - Sims not changing from cold outdoor wear into normal clothes when entering their home.
    - Kids making a mess in the park.
    - Not being able to properly say goodbye to guests.
    - Pets being constantly dirty/sick in other households.
    - Auto generated sims, ugh. Just let me turn them off!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    • The current food-stealing bug affecting restaurants.
    • Waiters dropping food in restaurants after waiting hours for your order.
    • Kids making mess everywhere.
    • Pulling that netty garbage thingy while fishing.
    • Sims standing in front of the fridge to eat.
    • Musical chairs in bars, cafes, etc.
    • Sims reading books below their skill level and becoming bored.
    • Sims watching kids TV and getting bored.
    • The "curious about clubs" bored moodlet.
    • Parents playing pass the parcel with the toddler.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,792 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    - Sims canceling actions I just set them.
    - Leaving dirty plates and glasses on the floor, table, half wall or kitchen surface.
    - Dropping trash on the floor and then complaining about the mess. :D
    - Children and toddler paint mess everywhere. This is my biggest annoyance in the Sims 4. I hate it with a passion.
    - Female sims sitting in unflattering positions while wearing skirts. Please close legs. :D
    - Foreign unpronounceable townie names everywhere.
    - Hideous townie outfits everywhere.
    - Being able to only walk one pet at a time.
    - The ugly as hell pregnancy walk. Pregnant women don't walk this way ever in real life.

    There's probably more things that annoy me but these are the ones that instantly pop up in my mind.

    Bolding by me. Isn't there some way to stop this? Like enough Manners or Responsibility? Or Mental skill, or... something? Because toddlers sleep better after a certain amount of skill in thinking and throw less tantrums/defy less often.

    My child sims never seem to learn from being disciplined or anything. I downloaded a mod that makes it happen less. It hasn't been update in quite a while though. I fear the day a patch comes along and breaks it. :D
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Canceling out actions I put in the que

    Toddlers getting out of high chair. Needs a lock, so simmers can take them out when they want to

    Sims taking toddlers out of the high chair

    Fiancee not in relationships in CAS

    Not easily being able to make a bin sim a supernatural like Sims3

    Not having a grocery store where Sims can buy exactly how many harvestables they want and also shower in a cans.

    Infants tied down

    Those are my big ones. Shower woohoo after those.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Put the toddler down Karen
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    adduapina wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    - Sims canceling actions I just set them.
    - Leaving dirty plates and glasses on the floor, table, half wall or kitchen surface.
    - Dropping trash on the floor and then complaining about the mess. :D
    - Children and toddler paint mess everywhere. This is my biggest annoyance in the Sims 4. I hate it with a passion.
    - Female sims sitting in unflattering positions while wearing skirts. Please close legs. :D
    - Foreign unpronounceable townie names everywhere.
    - Hideous townie outfits everywhere.
    - Being able to only walk one pet at a time.
    - The ugly as hell pregnancy walk. Pregnant women don't walk this way ever in real life.

    There's probably more things that annoy me but these are the ones that instantly pop up in my mind.

    Bolding by me. Isn't there some way to stop this? Like enough Manners or Responsibility? Or Mental skill, or... something? Because toddlers sleep better after a certain amount of skill in thinking and throw less tantrums/defy less often.

    My child sims never seem to learn from being disciplined or anything. I downloaded a mod that makes it happen less. It hasn't been update in quite a while though. I fear the day a patch comes along and breaks it. :D

    I found this older thread where it's stated that higher responsibility, manners and empathy and traits affect the amount of mess (with toddlers clingy and angelic seem to do it less than fussy and silly and inspired children seem to do it more - according to the thread). There's also a mention of a mod that removes autonomous making a mess action.

    I'd think that in children maybe neat/perfectionist and such traits would be less messy than those with slob/goofball(?) or such.

    Sorry I know this is a bit off topic but maybe it helps someone to deal with their annoyances (the autonomous "make a mess" sometimes makes me actually use bad words aloud to my laptop :grimace: ).
    origin ID: adduapina
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,120 Member
    There's a fix for the cups in San Myshuno (and a lot of the other bugs mentioned in this thread) here:
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-grossstadtleben/ (coffeeandsnackdestroy)
    The description is not up to date as with the newester versions, coffees and snacks are being destroyed every night.
    Thank you, EA, for patching toddlers in. I'm now joining the hype train for the baby update 2023!- My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I feel like sims always have these big goofy grins on their faces at almost all times. Like, wide open grins with teeth showing. It always messes up my screenshots. For a game that prides itself of its deep, layered emotions (lol), they sure do like to go to the default "super happy" grin a lot.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    It took me so long when i found an empty glass inside the trophy case on the wall LOL
    And i don't like the pre-parental panic, only thing they do is running around the house, finding something useless they want to do like normal days. So i turn autonomy off everytime new baby born, i wish there was an option like 'watch having a baby' or cheering.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top