Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Treasure chest on the shipwreck lot

SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
Heya :)

There is a treasure chest hidden behind a wall in the shipwrecks basement and it has a greyed out option to open it.
Until now I didn't find out how to open it, but if I hover it with the cursor it says, it needs a key to open. Does someone know, how to open it or how to get the key?
I already tried treasure diving in hope to find the key, combing sand and the cave where you can find the mermadic kelp, but no key so far...
Has someone been able to find something and likes to share?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I wondered the same thing, but by the looks for the message, it says it wouldn't even budge with the proper key.

65689668_1301833159966976_802799910985400320_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQmCJ294vZrdKMJZwrKaUKyuSmy1nyZO1LhbMgCknA2JdW-szrHHkf9aGGSMkwoau2U0_Du0nrzxRgSsYpFW2OzM&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=246a060f6b2fa2ca5b74a0ebd6db8447&oe=5DC1559C
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    its just a joke and a mean one at that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Aww, that's mean, but thanks for the answers :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    From reading the reason why you can't open it, it wouldn't open even with a key.
    The ancient lock is so rusted it wouldn't bunge even with the proper key, likely lost to watery depths
    I actually just realised it when I read the reason again. I also had an impression that it had a way to be opened. But when reading the reason carefully, it gives no hope to open it.
  • NeverBirdNeverBird Posts: 17 Member
    Since this EP came out i found it on the first day, have been searching and searching the web for an answer... And this answer is all i come to: ''It's just a joke.''

To be honest, i like the small eastereggs and jokes in descriptions and stuff - But with an EP like this where it already feels like a island fest for rabbitholes and content being cut, it irritates me more then it should that at least THIS was not a thing either :P

Wouldve loved just SOME mysteri or hidden stuff that made more gameplay. Wouldve been perfect to maybe link up with the restoring of the island - thinking of the description, maybe it was impossible to find the ''key'' cus of all the trash and stuff, so first you need to clean the island to make it possible or something like that.

Sorry for the rant; as said, it irritates me more then it should :P
    tumblr_ou0vobCmeH1s7rf3bo1_400.gif
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    NeverBird wrote: »
    Since this EP came out i found it on the first day, have been searching and searching the web for an answer... And this answer is all i come to: ''It's just a joke.''

To be honest, i like the small eastereggs and jokes in descriptions and stuff - But with an EP like this where it already feels like a island fest for rabbitholes and content being cut, it irritates me more then it should that at least THIS was not a thing either :P

Wouldve loved just SOME mysteri or hidden stuff that made more gameplay. Would've been perfect to maybe link up with the restoring of the island - thinking of the description, maybe it was impossible to find the ''key'' cus of all the trash and stuff, so first you need to clean the island to make it possible or something like that.

Sorry for the rant; as said, it irritates me more then it should :P

This would have made a wonderful reward for getting the island in top notch shape.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I went to the lot with the shipwreck but found no way in. When I clicked on the door it said no one was home. Strange considering it is NOT a residential lot. How do you get in??
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    It's a mean joke. It would have been nice if it had contained say, a map to a secret mermaid underwater lot/cave.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    @VenusABatson it is a residential lot
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Good news is it sells for 5000 simoleons LOL Guess that is the treasure.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »

OK. I guess I could moved some Sims into it. Lol 😶
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Or you can turn it into a generic lot just so your sim can have access to it.
    Simsandra wrote: »

OK. I guess I could moved some Sims into it. Lol 😶

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top